RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I really like that map. Very quaint. I love the cat resting on the bed. The lighting is also very smooth.

However, the staircase's position is bad. It looks like it ascends into the wall and window, which is also oddly placed (a window behind a staircase even with some space in between appears strange). I think if you change the orientation of the staircase so it ascends horizontally it'll look much nicer, and you won't have a huge chunk of the map impractically used up. That way the window would also function properly and look nice.

I'd suggest extending the vertical kitchen counter to the right to meet the stone flooring as well. Perhaps adding a window to the kitchen area would look nice too. The bedroom doorway is also rather large, though that's not really a criticism.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb

First map in XP in 5 months. I think its decent enough, considering I was never the best mapper in the first place

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
But where does the water come from?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The cliff is too square. You should use the corner pieces more, like this.

Spoiler for example:

I like the variety of plants used though. Maybe you could throw in some tall grass too.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
@Harry
Hammerspace (I originally didn't plan on it but I wanted to make it more than just a mountain with a cave)

@Acolyte
Yes I will definitely reduce the unnatural squareness when I do some serious mapping, and I thought about putting tall grass in but it didn't look right to me

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
@Harry
Hammerspace (I originally didn't plan on it but I wanted to make it more than just a mountain with a cave)
I think that his point wasn't that it was strangely placed, if that's what you meant, but that there was a small pool that was emptying over a cliff endlessly...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 76
Shh, they're listening...
I have two shots of the same little forest path. There are quite a few of these paths in the starting town that separate the different areas, set up differently to not be monotonous (though they are still similar). I'm wondering if they look full enough to give the impression the town is in the middle of a forest.

The fog layer there is a placeholder (unless it serves it's purpose well enough). I needed something to show that there is a magical barrier around the entire town. The water fog, tinted pink, seemed a nice fit.

The first screenshot has my main character posing, just because. You can ignore that.

And for some feedback on previous screens =

Playing around with indoor maps, and utilizing fog effects for directional lighting.

This is gorgeous. I love this. The shadows are lovely. I'm assuming the map itself is just to test the effect, but it's a nice map anyhow. I'm not used to seeing the kitchen and living room connect in many rpgmaker maps. Plenty of homes have that style, so it's nice to see it used once in a while. A little sparse, and open, but I like it. - I agree about the staircase. I have some horizontal stairs, if you'd like them. I can't remember if Lunarea did them or Ccoa, but they are invaluable for indoor mapping. Let me know if you need em.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Holy guacamole! were those paralaxed? i can see a bunch of trees that don't quite follow the grid, something looks off with a couple of the trees to, can't put my finger on it, also in the top left corner the shadows kinda go on top of the flowers, maybe you should cut out little holes so some of the flowers color can get through

Rep:
Level 76
Shh, they're listening...
You mean me, right? It's the hair isn't it?...of course it is.

No parallaxing, just a tileset add-on of tree groupings. They may look off because of the fog layer?

The shadows are an issue I've been meaning to fix. I like the flowers that close, but due to the tree shadow they end up looking flattened under the tree roots. I hadn't thought to just cut holes in the shadows. ><

There is also an error in that same corner, some of the shadow is missing. I guess I'm remapping some forest paths.

Rep:
Level 64
RMRK Junior
Hello to everyone. I apologize for my lack of presence here on the forum
Here is a new screen of my game:

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Screenshots like those make me miss the RMXP RTP. Nice job, though the tree to the right of the cave entrance should probably be either moved or have the grass taken out from under it. I wouldn't call it an error, but it's distracting to me personally. The same goes for the tree on the far left.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18nrF-I2gR0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18nrF-I2gR0</a>

Decided to make a short game based on the previous video on VX Ace.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
TDS , that is incredible its such a light , simple system

Rep:
Level 84
TDS, you should make a tactical battle system for ace. With the quality of scripts that you put out, it would be amazing.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18nrF-I2gR0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18nrF-I2gR0</a>

Decided to make a short game based on the previous video on VX Ace.

That's a really cool battle system, but I'd quickly get bored with it, I'm not a huge fan of completely automated party systems.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Looks amazing TDS! The only thing that I really dislike about it is that the pause from spellcasting, since in my mind automated battles are supposed to be extremely quick in my head. Anyways, it's really nice; nice work!

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Thanks for the comments.

@Countdown:
I already made one, it's similar to Rondo of swords, I just never feel like writing all the instructions for public use.

@NAMKCOR:
Well I can't please everyone.

@cozziekuns:

Yep, everyone hates those pauses, even I. Then I saw the battle system in action without the pauses and you basically have no battle system as the spam from all sorts of actions would make the battle system nearly unusable, it's actually far far worse without the pauses if you want to be even aware of what's happening in the screen.

Rep:
Level 84
@TDS, you should, because I've been waiting for a Tactical Battle System for Ace to use in my game. You're amazing at script writing!

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Amazing script as always TDS, but I'm in the same boat as NAMKOR. You never specified if you were looking for feedback, but if I may, I think it would be a lot more engaging if you gave the player more direct control over the combat.

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Quote from: Dyre
This is gorgeous. I love this. The shadows are lovely. I'm assuming the map itself is just to test the effect, but it's a nice map anyhow. I'm not used to seeing the kitchen and living room connect in many rpgmaker maps. Plenty of homes have that style, so it's nice to see it used once in a while. A little sparse, and open, but I like it. - I agree about the staircase. I have some horizontal stairs, if you'd like them. I can't remember if Lunarea did them or Ccoa, but they are invaluable for indoor mapping. Let me know if you need em.

Thank you (:

I think I'm good on the staircases, I found some horizontal one already and actually I think they're the same ones you suggested as I've downloaded resources made by both those artists.

I've decided though not to change the staircase in this particular house, I dunno, it may be architecturally quirky, but not technically wrong. I have added the side stairs to other maps though for some variety. Since I've posted my village I've managed to map 8 out of the 12 buildings I created. Can't wait to move on from houses. XD

I'm starting to wonder if I made a mistake by going with XP, seems like a lot of the resource links I'm finding are dead, while VX has an active community. I also like mapping in layers and would have probably been happier with parallax mapping in photoshop.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
PS. Dyre: I love your trees, very organic. (:

TDS: That battle system is awesome, you've got a "Tales of" thing going on there. And for what it's worth I don't notice the pauses in the battle, seems to run fluidly to me.

Edit: Thought this turned out well. Redid the lake area in town, made the water transparent and filled the ground layer with rocks, plants and fish. Also made lobster boat to match Lunarea's fishing boat.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:51:53 AM by Daria »

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior

Hoping you notice the fog.  Opacity is turned all the way up.
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Daria: I like what you've done with the water, it was definitely a creative solution. That said, I think the shore could use a bit more detail so the water itself doesn't overpower it. Also, what's with the hedges by the house?

Heretic: Very nice map, man. Plenty of detail without being overpowering. Even better is that I can't find anything really wrong with it. I would tone down the opacity on the fog myself. Not much since I wouldn't want to ruin the atmosphere, but just enough so the player can have some idea of what its hiding.

That aside, I'm still mapping slowly but surely.

Above is an orphanage located in the center of a city experiencing massive urban sprawl. Since no one cares about orphans, I tried to make it look as rundown as I could. Prior to the game picking up steam, the player character lives here and is forced to contend with people who don't much care for his or her existence.

Rep:
Level 84
This isn't a script demo, but rather a short display of the light system I'm using in my dungeon. No story has been implemented yet, so that maps are rather plain. All the same, how do the maps look so far with the dynamic lighting I'm using.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Napdd3enSXo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Napdd3enSXo</a>

Rep:
Level 71
Looks great, are you using sojabirds?

Rep:
Level 84
No, I'm using Khas.