RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Don't delete topics to make a fool of other members because you can't handle criticism the right way.

banned - 1day
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Uh, who got banned?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I would assume JJanem.

Also, to be fair to Craze, there was no way he could have known that JJanem deleted his/her post.

EDIT::

Actually, it was Craze. I unbanned him as he did not delete anything.
And I didn't ban JJannem because I do not think she deleted her post with the malicious intention of making a fool of anyone.  :police:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:06:07 PM by Surgeon Sage »

Rep:
Level 88
Haha. Surely that was an accidental slip-up.  ::)

Commenting on my screenshots would be a nice conclusion to this whole debacle!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I think the replacement of skill names is pretty cool.

Also, are you phylomortis? I remember playing a game way back where you're an ambassador or something at a party and people attack - anyway it was fun and I think made by phylomortis.

Anyway:

I think it strange that there is a plant in the midst of what looks like some lava pit of doom. I don't know if I like the one level of gradation - but I think it works for that map if it's inside a volcano or something as I would assume.

I also like the font you are using a lot.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:06:17 PM by Surgeon Sage »

Rep:
Level 85
alright, sorry shouldnt have deleted that post.
ill be gone.  ;)
How many times have you watched me fall just to smile, I've been through thick and thin we've struggled through now we smile, so we're here now just be ready, brace yourself cause were not leaving.

Rep:
Level 88
Phylomortis: Avant-Garde (the game that you're thinking of) was made by RPG-Advocate, who the internet sadly lost due to WoW. :< In certain other forums and rm* cliques, "Phylomortis" is a synonym for "RIDICULOUSLY AND ARBITRARILY DIFFICULT."

I chose the green flora because it's a strong contrast. The map is part of an entrance to the "real world" (not OUR world, but a real fantasy world) from a sort of limbo. I felt that the contrast fits due to the chaotic nature of being not-real! The mapping style might be off-putting at first, but the entire game is done (well, going to be done since it isn't complete :< ) in that sort-of side-view style.

The font is Qlassik Medium and can be found for free at [every font site ever], if you're interested.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I remember avant-garde.

And his site.

Those were good days, i forget where his site was though.

Nothing there except a shitload of rips and some decent 2k3 tutorials.

I hear he's working on ara fell now. good stuff.

Rep:
Level 91
Sorry for the whole banning. No one should have been banned, it was just something stupid to do.

The skill names sound pretty badass.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol k,  I was wrong. I though that same guy deleted his previous map to make it look like falcon was commenting on DAS's map.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I like that map a lot, Nessiah. Is that an original or a rip?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I like that map too. .___. looks awesome.

Someone suggested something with pictures for the branches, thou, it's bothersome when they follow you for the entire screen in gameplay.

Spoiler for Less Branches, darker shade, branches overlap, <sigh>, Temple incomplete & buggy, Message window messing:

Rep:
Level 87
I guess its a start. I just don't like the border of the windowskin. :-\

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Nice, on both counts.

I need, on both counts 8D

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Might as well throw something here. Here's some screenies for an new RMVX collaboration between me and the Playful Otter. It's called HELL BREAKER, a fast-paced action/fighting game in which "all Hell will break loose". There's still a lot of emptiness because we need enough room to manuever the player yet have it look nice. It's a work in progress.

Simple battle on top of a clock tower. Oh, and that yellow orb is a just ball of energy that is about kill you if you don't dodge it.

Continuation of above battle as it reaches its climax. By odd luck I caught the sprites in almost exactly the same location.

Heated battle in the lava pit. Watch out for random spurts of flame that will appear every once in a while.

Just two people having fun in the snow. Well, assuming trying to slit each other's throats is fun.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I like that map a lot, Nessiah. Is that an original or a rip?

We ripped it from Romancing Saga 3 from SNES :)
It was pretty hard since Romancing Saga's maps are 8x8 tiles

Rep:
Level 91
The mapping is lacking a lot. Just because you need emptiness doesn't mean you can't put some stuff in the background.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I think a wicked parallax would be great on those maps.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
cool idea so far Zylos, I hope the game comes out well.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
The mapping is lacking a lot. Just because you need emptiness doesn't mean you can't put some stuff in the background.

Yeah, it's still a work in progress. Combo of me not being that great of a mapper and working with RMVX tilesets makes it tough. Any suggestions as to what exactly to add to the maps?

Rep:
Level 91
I understand you need to keep the main field barren, but why not put some stuff in the background? Put some rocks, towers, crystals, etc. Just anything, use up some of the space ;)

Tyrius and Dane betting on a fight.

Rep:
Level 88
Falcon: I love that screen. You've managed to make a very nice map without cluttering it fill of BARRELS AND FLOWERSLOL.

ABS guy: That lava pit fight upsets me. Try something more like this:

I don't have a lava parallax so I used a tile other than the wire, but you get the idea. Add stuff AROUND THE FIELD and make the battle area less perfectly symmetrical. The player has plenty of room on this sample map. Some things make sense to so right-angled: the tower is fine, but maybe you could add some turrets on the side? That icy place could use a few cracks and juts.

Rep:
Level 85
How many times have you watched me fall just to smile, I've been through thick and thin we've struggled through now we smile, so we're here now just be ready, brace yourself cause were not leaving.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
lol, I have now been dubbed the ABS guy. Well, while your example map certainly is a lot less empty, that sort of randomness and extra stuff looks horrid to me. This is a man-made arena suspended over a lake of lava, thus it is supposed to be symetrical and more mechanical than natural (IE, no random rocks in the lava). Also, that's not a paralax, it's just the lava tileset.

Anyways, these are some of the improvements I made last night.

Any better?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 08:39:11 PM by Kuja »