RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Now the cliff heights are even less uniform than they were before.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Never fear anything.
Okay fuck it I'll just remove the ledge entirely then

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
it actually has a nice perspective, like it's winding downward.

I'm back.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII

I'll just leave this here.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Its got a simplicity to it that looks nice, altough the red thing seems off to me for some reason, cant quite put my finger on it though

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I think it might be a little bit too large :o

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's not the size, so much as the sharpness. The text has very nice, soft edges, while the pixels on the red selection thing are very clearly visible.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
Yeah, the red thing needs anti-aliasing. I'd also make the color less vibrant.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Noted, fixing now.

Rep:
Level 82
I'm working on the interface of a completely custom-evented ABS for my project in XP:
Spoiler for:
As you can see, it is extremely plain. Do you have any opinions on what to add/change?
P.S. Ignore that extremely horrible and plain map, it's for testing purposes only.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I'm working on the interface of a completely custom-evented ABS for my project in XP:
Spoiler for:
As you can see, it is extremely plain. Do you have any opinions on what to add/change?
P.S. Ignore that extremely horrible and plain map, it's for testing purposes only.

Hmmm... I'd say you should add some borders around the health, buttons, etc. I'd also recommned using small decorative graphics nearby, or even making the text more snazzy and decorated. The plain red text against the black background doesn't sit well with my eyes. ;9

On the other hand, I love the buttons and heart graphics! It looks pretty nice so far! As for the mapping, I kinda guessed that was jus for testing :) Your maps come out very lovely. ;8
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 66
Surprise Guest Star
I'm sooooooooooooo newwwwwwwwwwwww
Oh well, to be perfectly honest I prefer a simpler look.
I just noticed how terribly awkward those particular waterfalls look.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 03:19:30 PM by Wendy The Witch »
blastoise is my fav card he is vry strong annd has hihg attack pwr he kills things rlly faste.

Rep:
Level 82
What this?
Hmm is it ok to post videos here?

Rep:
Level 85
A mockup of the battlesystem i hope to implement using events, i just have to debate wheter to inform the player visibly of the action order(in the top left) or let it be secritive, also i am debating showing enemy health and names, it seems a little unrealistic since theres no way one would know exactly how much it would tak to kill an enemy of that type, the same applies to characters themselves, whether i should display their total health or use the pips to designate how damged they are, the pips would defintly be easier but im not sure what the best course of action is. The top right of the image will be filledwith skill menus, item menus, other important things, they will dissapear and reapeear as needed. (union is a feature iplan to implement by perhaps adding a bar that fills up as time progresses and allows powerful attacks to be used.) at any given tiem there will be two characters versus 1-4 enemies. the battleback will be lined up with the grid on the map as ebst as possible to allow the placement of enemies and actors as events, mvoable to position when battle strikes, and removeable when teh battle is over. I need some sort of feedback on teh placement of everything plus what i can do for the players hp and mp display.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:45:35 PM by IAMFORTE »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The difference between pips, percents and real values are kind of superficial in that context. How would pips "actually" represent your characters' vitals "less" than percentages? They're still a fraction over the whole. I dislike invisible health because a. it's a game, and b. it's almost always frustrating not knowing your characters stats.

That's also an incredibly cluttered mockup. Everything is tool big, and too compacted. You don't need so much space for menus. Restrict your menu usage to one area. Have it overlap the actor facesets if you have to, but keep the menus together.

The map box is too small, and that actor is too big and pretty useless.

My mock up is not all that great, but it's not as overwhelmingly cluttered.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:14:33 PM by Harry Burns »

Rep:
Level 85
Intresting, The whole map thing was where the battle happens, I was attempting to emualte this

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS44GspLncE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS44GspLncE</a>

Altough i realize that its rm2k3 and the screen size is probably smaller, hence eliminating the clutter present. The pips would i guess show the health from 0 to 100% >.< idk i wasnt to happy about using pips but with an event system its a challenge to do numbers (altough i figured out how to do that). The boxes in the top left corner would be used for displaying soemthign like an action order akin to final fantasy or xenosaga, i havent yet decided if i wanted to implement it or just leave that space blank. The character was for more of an asthetic thing, but it might be a bit redundant now that i think about it. The skill and item menus i planned on implementing were like the ones in the video, but i will defintly consider including them all in one location isntead of makign the user's eyes wander around the screen.  I will have another go at this tommorow and put up one that is hopefully less cluttered.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Something I was making for a competition.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZqAR2qxOaE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZqAR2qxOaE</a>

To skip the bad story and go to the action go to around 1:20 on the video.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Wow, that looks really great TDS. Story is a bit cheesy, but everything else looks really good. Hope you win!

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Rep:
Level 71
As always beautiful maps, though I'm not that big a fan of the cliff thing.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Cut off....

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Wow, that looks really great TDS. Story is a bit cheesy, but everything else looks really good. Hope you win!

Thanks, without your jumping explanation I might never have attempted the battle system, and once I figure out how to limit the jumping height I'll be set. As for winning, I made the video to disqualify myself in case it makes it past the judging round. I really just wanted Enterbrain to see my work.

And yeah, the story is cheesy. I made it up in an hour in order to shove a battle system in there.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Why would you want to disqualify yourself? It's a great scene and a great looking battle system and you would get RMVX Ace for free.

Besides, you will need to send in the non-video file for them to see it, and I wasn't under the impression that posting the video prior to the competition would disqualify you.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
I already have the Japanese version of VXA and I did not want to take someone else chance of winning when all I really wanted was to show my work to Enterbrain. I know it sounds odd, but having a chance to directly show my work to the company behind the program I use to work on my hobby made me happy.

And as for the video, It's just a safeguard under the (trying to gain votes will disqualify you kind of rule).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:43:43 PM by TDS »

Rep:
Level 71
My first attempt at parallax mapping, yes I realize the error with the table in the lower left.