RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
not bad, i like the vibes they give me, kinda like and old school NES game, i think the trees are missing shadows though, thats all i have to say about it :3

also Zacpower, thanks for that, now to see if i can find it with tinyeye

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
Dark Paths (Working title)
Hm, you're right about the shadows. The engine is RM 2k3, so it doesn't have the tileset capabilities or alpha blending of the newwr engines... but I'll see what I can do.

I don't like the front battle system implemented in newer engines, so I'm sticking to 2k3; I also like the SNES style, which is why I designed it like this.

Thanks for feedback!

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
I never used 2K3, so I dont know a lot about it.  Can you import other tilesets so you can have more than one type of tree?  That looks awfully redundant, but natural as far as the layout.
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

No, you can't; RM 2k3 has a fixed size for tilesets. I had made slight variations on the trunks, but I feel as you do: same tree all over the place.

However, overall, does it look good?

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I feel like the three kind of trees (big tree, big tree sprout, evergreen tree sprout) clash horribly...

They just... Don't belong together, it seems... In fact, the entire tileset seems that way,the rocks being a higher resolution than the grass it sat on and more...

Also, the light in the first screen looks like electric light, not firelight. Try giving it a warm hue... Just a slight one...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Playing around with RPG Maker XP.
Spoiler for See what's on the slab:
[sse][/sse]

I don't like XP that much (They all look the same to me), but this one seems solid. Kudos.

PD: I fixed the trees and the shadows.

Rep:
Level 75
Looks good I love the Xp mapping style it is much better that VX but that is only an opinion

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
So I has a question regarding this map, I think I screwed my self over. I managed to put items in the water as you see it, how ever the issue is that - if I was to bring this into rpg maker vx this (the objects in the water) would be what you call the "over lay" image. How would I have these items sitting in water and the water animate OVER them. I know your first instinct is to say "use MA AOS" Modern Algebras Animated Object Script" But I have no idea how that thing even works. So is there any other way?

The objects in the water are each on there own layer, obviously. if that helps. Also they are just reduced in opacity to make it look as if they are under watter

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I think that's a beautiful map, Adrien. I really dig the houses. You have some "over spray" of tiles outside the actual tiles. The top-left (adjacent the sign) and the mid-right (adjacent to the trees). The only other thing I can think to mention is that a barrel doesn't seem all that practical behind a clothes line, and the shadow cast from the bottom house looks a bit weird over the furnace and water.

@Sunny, I'm shivering with antici....pation.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I don't really care about the map but thanks, I was worried about the objects in te water and how to get water to animate OVER TOP of them....

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Remove the water (but leave the objects in place) from the image and then tile it in through VX. Have you tried it?

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
No, how ever wont the water cover the image in such that the player cannot see it? Do you have any examples?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Like this, just map in the water over the white through VX and leave the objects placed over the water on the map image:

But honestly I've never made a map using an image editor, only vx, so maybe there's an issue with what I'm suggesting. Even if the objects over the water are somehow hidden, you could event them in or just map them because you could set them to a different TileSet letter.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Not enough people are playing this game.

(Sorry about the faces, changing their size with the script does horrible things to them.)

Fun fact: made almost entirely using modern algebra bitmap addons.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
@TDS That's a pretty nice looking menu! :)

I'm going to post my Title Screen to my game xD I just worked on it & the logo for awhile lol. Background is animated - the yellow sparks fly around.
I've been trying for hours to get the music working on it >:/ I found some really epic free mideval music, but I can't seem to make it loop. I'm getting closer though... Oh, well... Hope the title looks OK!

Uses Rafidelis Fire Emblem Title Script.

Spoiler for Seeker Title Screen:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:30:05 AM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Fantabulous!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
Fun fact: made almost entirely using modern algebra bitmap addons.

haha, really? Looks like you are better at using it than I am :P

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I am having serious mental issue. I am placing some "static" characters if you will, into some tables and places where you cant place normal characters in vx - the problem is, they seem out of place. What changes would you make so they look like there sitting at the table? All my tables, except for the stools at the bar are "pre-made"

So what ideas do you have:

"
-- I have made changes to the map since it was last posted here, how ever use this map as a guidence for advice on placing "static" characters
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:41:59 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 82
@Adrien: I think you'll have to edit the sprites on your own, they look like they're standing on the benches/stools.
Oh, and the table beside the leftmost blue-haired sprite, it's cut off slightly.

Excuse the brightness in the screenshot, the Island is supposed to be in a place where light is abundant.
Spoiler for:
There will be monsters in the empty spaces.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Zac, your mapping is very, very beautiful. It doesn't look too bright to me, I really enjoy the rays of sunlight. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
@Zacpower4 I fixed the issues by adding lighting to make the characters, while still the same proportion - look a bit better. As for the cut off, I noticed that and fixed after I posted the image.

Your map clashes. Your using XP tiles on a vx map while in some spots it works in other it doesn't Your mix of stones, the ones with the grass on them clash with the ground. The roots are ..... randomly placed and look out of place. Your bright red flowers stick out like a sore thumb - your cave setting looks out of place, as the rest of the cliffs have grass on them, around them but your cave thing does not - the biggest issue I am having here are these roots and stones with moss/grass on them as they clash with the rest of the map - and l0ook randomly placed. - The stones with out grass/moss - work with your trees. (some of the roots on - come out of the - cliff work ONLY if they are coming down from trees around the cliff - like in the bottom part by that ugly red flower - but look odd on there own up at the top of the map).

Rep:
Level 82
Ah, how embarrassing, I'll remove those right away. Darn, I feel stupid for placing those roots.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
@Zacpower4 Your map clashes. Your using XP tiles on a vx map while in some spots it works in other it doesn't Your mix of stones, the ones with the grass on them clash with the ground. The roots are ..... randomly placed and look out of place. Your bright red flowers stick out like a sore thumb - your cave setting looks out of place, as the rest of the cliffs have grass on them, around them but your cave thing does not - the biggest issue I am having here are these roots and stones with moss/grass on them as they clash with the rest of the map - and l0ook randomly placed. - The stones with out grass/moss - work with your trees. (some of the roots on - come out of the - cliff work ONLY if they are coming down from trees around the cliff - like in the bottom part by that ugly red flower - but look odd on there own up at the top of the map).

Hmm... I didn't notice the roots. And I thought the flowers were rather pretty, but yes, they do stick out. Still, I think a slight desaturation to the color of them and/or adding them in more places might make them fit better.

The map is very cool-color dominated (except for the little colors in the flower batches) and a touch of warmth would make it lovely, I believe. :)

Yet, that's just my opinion. I still think it's a pretty map, either way. :P
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]