RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 88
Why not...

Spoiler for:

Really nice, I love the tileset.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
@Joy, damn Revo beat me to it, I really love that map to be honest!
It...feels so natural

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I think it's called Mack's tileset or something : http://cyocorune.cocolog-nifty.com/daily_vx/
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
joy is insanely good, usually when we get new members they are really bad.

hello codemiester :V

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Levi, You're going to have to read that to me :mad:

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
The good thing about the map is it doesn't have the "blocky" feel despite it having square corners at some parts

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Levi, You're going to have to read that to me :mad:
I can't read Japanese :mad:
Good thing we have Google Translate

Rep:
Level 85
I think I'll post the experiment I've been working on:
Spoiler for Experiment:

Basically it's early stages but I'm trying to make a CBS and CMS in rm2k3 again as some warm up and going to give out later :3

Although...it's unlikely anyone will use it anyway <_<;

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
It looks pretty solid and well-made, Nessiah. :)
Though I would prefer to have the character picture in the menu to be smaller to fit the status mindow, it
overpowers the rest of the menu ;-;

(One of the new screenshots of Project Leviathan)
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:45:21 AM by Leventhan »

Rep:
Level 85
Actually I tried that out of 10 people I asked everyone told me big is better

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Oh well, it's a matter of preference I guess. O_o
Both looks fine to me.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Why not...

Spoiler for:

I like those screenshots. The characters you are using looks great aswell.

Rep:
Level 88
I've gotten the sudden urge to map recently...

Spoiler for:

From one of my projects that will probably never see the light of day. :-\

Also Nessiah, I love that Status screen. <3

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I think I'll post the experiment I've been working on:
Spoiler for Experiment:

Basically it's early stages but I'm trying to make a CBS and CMS in rm2k3 again as some warm up and going to give out later :3

Although...it's unlikely anyone will use it anyway <_<;

Interesting, i am intrigued, as leventhan said, it's a little, um, big o.o; I'd suggest dwarfing the picture down to avoid overwhelming the entire scene.(Sort of like leventhan said :V)

I've gotten the sudden urge to map recently...

Spoiler for:

From one of my projects that will probably never see the light of day. :-\

Also Nessiah, I love that Status screen. <3

Interesting map, the trees kind of clog everything up, but solid  ;8

a good technique for creating the illusion of a deeply forested area is to use a leafy layer overtop everything, many maps include a tile that appear to be the top of a tree or perhaps a bush, splay that around the edges of your map and all of a sudden your hero is surrounded @_@. another, considerably annoying alternative to this is to use a translucent shadow of leaves, but this is annoying, it's hard to see unless you play it right .-.

Rep:
Level 88
Interesting map, the trees kind of clog everything up, but solid  ;8

a good technique for creating the illusion of a deeply forested area is to use a leafy layer overtop everything, many maps include a tile that appear to be the top of a tree or perhaps a bush, splay that around the edges of your map and all of a sudden your hero is surrounded @_@. another, considerably annoying alternative to this is to use a translucent shadow of leaves, but this is annoying, it's hard to see unless you play it right .-.

Thanks for the criticism. Although, I wasn't really going for a thick forest look. Mainly just a mountainous region. Although, I might try those things later and see if I can get it to look a bit better.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Been a long time since I've posted anything. Anyway, this is a fortress built into a mountain. I'm mainly concerned with the 1/10 of the map that is traversable, but the rest is important too as I intend to show the entire map to the player when they enter, as it is a dungeon. Also, the traversable part of the map looks like an obstacle course because the character has the ability to teleport three squares at a time.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
OMG you're ava... you're like... a santa ninja.

I like that tileset, I'm so out of the loop on that one >:(     

Some of the cliff tiles feel odd, but not that it matters, in game you wouldn't even see the ones I'm talking about. I like it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 06:02:16 AM by Prince Grafikal006 »

Rep:
Level 88
To me, the shadows at the bottom of those cliffs look really odd. They're darker than the actual shadows which makes them seem really off. I dunno though. Could just be me.

I was looking through my folders and found a screen of a project I started a few months ago and forgot about.

Spoiler for:

I might start it up again. It was going to be a fun project.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Something I just made of boredom with a tileset I made:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
LOL really? I'm almost positive that's actually in the game ._.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
LOL really? I'm almost positive that's actually in the game ._.

Yes that bit is in the real game, just made a minor change. By the way here's another one:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 06:58:22 AM by Knight Rider »

Rep:
Level 85
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:18:39 AM by JJannem »
How many times have you watched me fall just to smile, I've been through thick and thin we've struggled through now we smile, so we're here now just be ready, brace yourself cause were not leaving.

Rep:
Level 88
I love that tileset, JJannem. Well, at least the houses. It looks really nice.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Sweet tileset! Might I suggest though, to not place two trees on the same X tile and overlap them like in the lower right where there are three trees. It looks really really weird in that overlap. You should bring that middle tree down one tile. :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That is a really cool tileset JJanem.

@grafikal - yeah, it's a mix of RTP and Mack tilesets