RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy 7

Poll

Should square enix remake FF7?

yes
13 (46.4%)
no
15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
LOL, how did this thread get so far without me?

So liek, I think there are too many people bashing on FF7. Most people just hate it because they have this natural instinct to stand out and not do what everyone else does. It was an awesome game, it flowed really well and had awesome characters. Sure, everyone was blown away that it was totally 3D, but it still was a good game. Not the best, obviously, but it is still my favorite RPG. The whole story was great, albeit long. Of course, there are the people who have taken the game too far, but if you really look past all the intense fanboy/girl-ism, it is really a great game. It is considered a classic, one of the best of all time.

But, on subject; This game doesn't need a remake. I loved this game, bought it the DAY it came out, and I was INCREDIBLY pissed off at all the fanboys/girls who had gotten obsessed over Advent Children and hadn't even played the game, probably got the plot off Wikipedia or whatever. Some things should be kept to those who got there first, not trying to rake in as many willing weeaboos Japanophiles as possible.  :mad:
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yeah man this is older then my grandma, also, Yes they should remake it. Remakes are good and fuck anyone who says other wise.

oh?

I'm sure a lot of us here feel that FF7 is horribly overrated and should never be looked back upon. But you know you're lying if you wouldn't play the remake if there ever was one.

I wouldn't
I guess I'm a liar then

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Yeah man this is older then my grandma, also, Yes they should remake it. Remakes are good and fuck anyone who says other wise.

oh?

I'm sure a lot of us here feel that FF7 is horribly overrated and should never be looked back upon. But you know you're lying if you wouldn't play the remake if there ever was one.

I wouldn't
I guess I'm a liar then

I'm all for remakes of classics. Classics are good until they make a remake. For instinces, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes. Amazing remake. People ri[ on it. I play it more the the original. Super Smash too, i play newer ones instead of the n64 one. So any remake of a good game is welcome in my books.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
the way I see it, if you can't appreciate a game the way it was originally made, and you need better graphics or what have you to appreciate it, then you're not a real fan.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
the way I see it, if you can't appreciate a game the way it was originally made, and you need better graphics or what have you to appreciate it, then you're not a real fan.

What i'm saying is, a game is great, even with bad graphics, but making graphics better and adding voice acting never hurt anything.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
How dare you, Muffin King! This thread isn't about opinions, it's about the indisputable fact of whether or not FF7 should be remade!!!

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

So liek, I think there are too many people bashing on FF7. Most people just hate it because they have this natural instinct to stand out and not do what everyone else does. It was an awesome game, it flowed really well and had awesome characters. Sure, everyone was blown away that it was totally 3D, but it still was a good game. Not the best, obviously, but it is still my favorite RPG. The whole story was great, albeit long. Of course, there are the people who have taken the game too far, but if you really look past all the intense fanboy/girl-ism, it is really a great game. It is considered a classic, one of the best of all time.

But, on subject; This game doesn't need a remake. I loved this game, bought it the DAY it came out, and I was INCREDIBLY pissed off at all the fanboys/girls who had gotten obsessed over Advent Children and hadn't even played the game, probably got the plot off Wikipedia or whatever. Some things should be kept to those who got there first, not trying to rake in as many willing weeaboos Japanophiles as possible.  :mad:
agreed.
I liked Advent Children, not as a full sequel to FFVII, but rather because i enjoyed the score and the CG was pretty (and choreography) :P

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

What i'm saying is, a game is great, even with bad graphics, but making graphics better and adding voice acting never hurt anything.

I don't like voice acting in most RPGS

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

Story and flow in FF7 was not "great."

The story didn't even make sense! FF7 is terrible and does not deserve its huge fanbase.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
How dare you, Muffin King! This thread isn't about opinions, it's about the indisputable fact of whether or not FF7 should be remade!!!

I'll go back in my hole...

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
This thread isn't about opinions, it's about the indisputable fact that FF7 should be remade!!!
fix'd :)

I do want better graphics, but only because I personally find it hard to see some things in the game.  I'm perfectly happy with the original but I find it difficult to see some things.  All I'd request is a simple graphics retouch and nothing else, no voiceovers, no extra characters/scenes/weapons/spells/whatever.  That would further my appreciation for the game, being able to see more of it.  On either the computer screen or the TV I have trouble seeing some of the CG things over the static backgrounds, and judging distances and stuff.  Not that I'm blind, I just tend to overlook some things that tend to be somewhat important.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 03:21:18 AM by iceflame1019 »

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

Story and flow in FF7 was not "great."

The story didn't even make sense! FF7 is terrible and does not deserve its huge fanbase.

Yes, but the whole point of that was the second paragraph.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
They should remake it and put it on the 360 and Wii.  ;D

Rep:
Level 96
The story made sense to me. As much as a fantasy epic with good, evil, and some existential/self-image meltdown is supposed to make sense.

chewey must just be retarded.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 10:29:22 PM by Dear Arlen »

Rep:
Level 98

UHH, FUCK NO.

That game would be TERRIBLE on the Wii. WTF are you thinking? Even a Wii fanboy knows it would be retarded. The Wii was not for RPG's obviously.

The story made sense to me. chewey must just be retarded.

We have established this.  :blizj:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
The only real problem I had with the entire game... was Sephiroth.   ;9

He is the most shallow, Cliché character I have ever seen.  :-\
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
The only real problem I had with the entire game... was Sephiroth.   ;9

He is the most shallow, Cliché character I have ever seen.  :-\
His background was rather interesting, though. Especially with the whole clone/puppet/actually becoming part of the planet thing.

In fact, you could say that the only time you see the REAL Sephiroth is the final battle, and the flashback. All other encounters with him were just puppets, other failed clones, because he was all up in the crater in that materia crystal the whole time.

This is evidenced by how, at some times, Sephiroth just goes and repeats himself, or does something really weird or random. That's because it's not really him. It's a failed clone being manipulated by him.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 11:02:58 PM by Dear Arlen »

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.

Yeah while we're talking about wii, how about a new type of game where you use the wii-most and nunchuck to fold shirts and paper, into origami.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

UHH, FUCK NO.

That game would be TERRIBLE on the Wii. WTF are you thinking? Even a Wii fanboy knows it would be retarded. The Wii was not for RPG's obviously.

I agree that I don't want such a shitty game on a godly console, but who the hell are you to say the the Wii isn't an RPG console, as far as we know, we don't know.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
Sephiroth is awesome even though he's mentally unstable.  His past is pretty complex, all the main characters in the game are tied to each other in some way...

I agree that I don't want such a shitty game on a godly console
"shitty" game?!?!?!?!  DIE YOU!!!!!!!!   DIE I SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's the best rpg I've encountered yet.  it's the best rpg ever MADE. 

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Sephiroth is awesome even though he's mentally unstable.  His past is pretty complex, all the main characters in the game are tied to each other in some way...

I agree that I don't want such a shitty game on a godly console
"shitty" game?!?!?!?!  DIE YOU!!!!!!!!   DIE I SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's the best rpg I've encountered yet.  it's the best rpg ever MADE. 

I think we could tell Mr.Cloud.

Honestly as far as RPGS my favorite one right now is Brave Story on PSP

Rep:
Level 98
OK ENOUGH FINAL FANTASY.

I regret posting in this thread already, I knew exactly how it would end. :nono: Everytime someone (The.Muffin.King) starts something on VG, it ends in "OMFG HOW DO YOU HATE THE WII." and other bullshit we are all tired of posting and seeing.  :mad:

Let's talk about the new style of RPG's. They have obviously progressed to something new but lost quite alot of fans TO Final Fantasy.

What is your favorite new RPG?

Mine would be Eternal Sonata (Or Drawn to Life but it is hardly an RPG.  ;9)

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
OK ENOUGH FINAL FANTASY.

I regret posting in this thread already, I knew exactly how it would end. :nono: Everytime someone (The.Muffin.King) starts something on VG, it ends in "OMFG HOW DO YOU HATE THE WII." and other bullshit we are all tired of posting and seeing.  :mad:

Let's talk about the new style of RPG's. They have obviously progressed to something new but lost quite alot of fans TO Final Fantasy.

What is your favorite new RPG?

Mine would be Eternal Sonata (Or Drawn to Life but it is hardly an RPG.  ;9)

=D

Also, my favorite RPG for the time being is Brave Story on the PSP though i do love Super Mario RPG, or Star Ocean 3

Rep:
Level 98
Drawn to Life is going to be one of those heavily underestimated games. First game where you draw almost EVERYTHING to the world. Hero, characters, vehicles. I so want it.  ;8

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
The Wii could be the best RPG gaming console of all time.  Think about it, havok physics engine, oblivion styled gameplay, but you attack by swinging the WiiMote, each weapon would have different attack styles, and based on your level and how hard and fast (and what angle) you swing the remote at, it adds up to an equasion of what damage you hit.