RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy: Time and Again

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Set in Ivalice during the time of Final Fantasy 4, the game follows the story of Azrael, a dragoon of Baron, Lucien, a half-demon orphan from Mysidia, and Phae-Rel, an unbalanced psionic wanderer.
The game explores the religous and political aspects impacting the world that was only hinted at in Final Fantasy 4, with the backdrop of Azrael slowing realizing her powers as a time mage. The story was played as a Dungeons and Dragons campaign for over a year before we decided to make a game out of it, so the sotry is fleshed and the characters are well defined.
The synopsis of the story would take literally hours to tell, and will definitely over 30 hours playtime, with sidequests and minigames, in addition to boasting "The War of the Chosen", a climax to one episode of the story that will ambitously contain 32 characters.
In terms of technical detail, the game has the Dragoon class "Jump" command, fully working in the DBS, along with "Steal" and "Mug" commands, done without using the one round Stun trick, and allowing for both common and rare steals, a brand new CMS for Alchemists, a new type of shop very similar to the "Synth Shop" of Final Fantasy 9.
Most of the character sets were hand designed in the FF6 style and adapted to the maps. The chipset is the same, but has been upgraded to allow for new areas in addition to ALL of the original locations from the Japanese hardtype version, the original cd quality soundtrack with minor replacements from the "Celtic Moon" cd and other FF themes.
And as far as the game itself, progress at this point is over 30 %. Most maps are done, main battle character sets are complete, the systems are 90% complete, and all skills/animations have been laid out. We've been working on this a year now, so hopefully we'll be wrapping it up in the next couple of months, eventing is all that seems left. The game already has about 10-12 hours playable, with opening sidequests, etc.  We also have a website with more screenshots, and information,

Visit our site and forums
http://ff.kgne.net/
ff.zefie.com

Rep:
Level 91
why do people make fan games of finaly fantasy, cant you come up with your own storys :x

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Actually I've played a demo of this before, and it's quite good.
:tinysmile:

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Since when the hell does FFIV take place in Ivalice?

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Since now bizatch! Don't hate the playa, hate gang.

Final Fantasy IV has always taken place on Ivalice. Its the name of the "planet" Final Fantasy Tactics was even Ivalice as well as mentions in other Final Fantasy.

As to "why a fangame" Soul it is a new story. Not a sequel, a spin off. There is tons of original story, but you would have to play it in order for form any kind of opinion.

This has been a project being worked on for 3 years now, it is also a portfolio for my Bachelors degree in Game Art/Design which is why its worked on so much.
ff.zefie.com

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
final fantasy fan games really cant be unoriginal unless they base it around a certain one from one fantasy to another there quite different games that use the same theme:

a bunch of weird people(one who sometimes has an extra limb) go around a mad world after another guy who is trying to summon or is a monster with several more limbs then normal

i look foreward to seeing this game progress

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I demand source for this information that FFIV takes place in Ivalice.

No problem you've got it.

Ever play Final Fantasy Tactics completely? From my save file:

"Castle of Trials"
In the past this was a military school for the Baron Kingdom. An exceptional group of pilots called "Red Wings" graduated from this academy. Even a great instituton like this is now destroyed.

"Tower of Babel"
The legendary tower that reaches to Heaven from deep underground. It's also called Giant's Tower. More than a legend, this is a valuable record of ancient civilization.

In addition, your treasures would include the calcobrina, materia from ff7, and other hidden locations from ff1, 2, 3, and 5. Since tactics is an official Square game, official Final Fantasy game and part of the universe, ff1,2, 3, 4, and 5, in addition to 12 ALL took place on the world of ivalice, at different points in history.
ff.zefie.com

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
The only FF games I know of that officially take place in Ivalice are FFT, FFTa, and FFXII is going to take place in Ivalice.

The treasures and stuff (and Cloud) from FFT were just shoved in there for fun. There is no real connection between any of the other games.

Not true, finding the "ruins" of Baron castle means it was once there. Finding the tower means it was there at some point. Tactics is just the future of FFIV
ff.zefie.com

can I just answer if anyone else is thinking of saying why a ff fan game. There are many reason they could choose to make a fan game maybe one is because they enjoy the games soo much they decided ill give something  back. Or maybe they have a really good story line which looks and sounds like the style of a ff game and so decide to make a fan game because it could get more attention. just to tell how do i get at the demo the link brings me to 3 other links??? :?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Meh, people frown upon fan games because they're usually horribly bad, they're less original, and usually never live up to the game's title. Final Fantasy games have high standards.

But this one here is one of the good fan games. I really enjoyed it Azrael.  :^^:
:tinysmile:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it Halo!

Update of the site/forums  : http://ff.zefie.com

Site has been updated:
-5 new wallpapers
-Fanart section updated
-FAQ Section now has 5 pages
-New Calender for March

Forums:
-Rpg system being worked on
-Tons of RM2K3 Tutorials ranging from Beginner/Intermidete and Lucian's section of Demonic Challenges to Challenge your RPG Maker skills.
-New forum skin

The March demo will also be out for Beta testers in the next week. Approximately 2 hours or so extra game time since the last demo, making the full demo 10-14 hours long, depending upon your style of play.
ff.zefie.com

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
wow,i really liked this game.It reminded me of the original 4,with the dungeon layouts and all,i think it's real cool,keep up the good work! :D

Thank you Lavata. Im glad you enjoyed it.I am so excited for the new demo to come out! :D
ff.zefie.com

March Demo is out:
ff.zefie.com

High end version 148 Meg
Includes, fmv's, voice acting, mp3's and tons of extras
http://ff.zefie.com/timeandagain.zip

Low end version 28 meg
Includes no extras.

http://ff.zefie.com/timeandagainlite.zip

Please read the readme and the manual before playing. If you have any trouble or find any bugs, please post them on our forums at http://ff.zefie.com or e-mail us at timeandagain_@hotmail.com

Game Length: Approx. 12 hours or more.

By the next demo we should be using patches to update the demo's instead of having to re-download the file every time. This will result in patch file sizes ranging from 2 meg-80meg depending upon what we have added. Also there may come a few times where we cannot use the patch system, for instance if we need to edit the system again. All monsters have been balanced, and characters as well.

If you are a returning player, please do not use old saves, they will not work correctly, because of added switches and changes to the system.

Enjoy!
ff.zefie.com

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: GilgameshRO
The only FF games I know of that officially take place in Ivalice are FFT, FFTa, and FFXII is going to take place in Ivalice.

The treasures and stuff (and Cloud) from FFT were just shoved in there for fun. There is no real connection between any of the other games.

Actually sqaure stated that the ivalice in ffXII was not the same as tactics and had no relation to the game.
Legacy

Team
Slayer-Director
Darico-Mapper/Designer
Vidian-Music

Legcy- 2%(Dev stages)
What? I have to have a signature?

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
WOW you have really gone OOT on the webiste (wallpapers, how it was made the musc etc.) 9/10

Fan games are usually quite good. and i think this game will be good to so i will like to download this :)

Rep:
Level 89
... I got nothing.
*Ahem* Let me clarify: Final fantasy 1 Took place on an unamed planet. same as 2 and 3. FF4 took place on a different earth, and 5 took place on another unamed planet, 9 took place on Gaia! 10 took place on spira! In fact, The creators of final fantasy Created Ivalice For Tactics! Even in Tactics Advanced the entire world wasn't called Ivalice, Just thje continent you were on. The fact that you find stuff that's belonging to the other Final fantasy games could be there for the same reason that they're in 9: Because they are.

Nice Demo by the way.