RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Official Site to Buy RPG Maker 2003 Please?

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Digital_Bits by any other name is just as deranged
If anybody knows where I could buy the official version of RPG Maker 2003, that'd be nice.

I checked Enterbrain's English side, but no luck. Now, since I don't know Japanese, I know I won't really be able to use it, but I'd still like to see what it's like.

Also, on a related note, if people can no longer buy RPG Maker 2003, then maybe where I can buy the English translation of RPG Maker XP? I think there was an official English translation... Could be wrong on that, though.

Thanks for the help!
Who says you have to be sane to make an RPG?

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
RPG Maker 2003 was never availiable in English besides illegal translation?
Why?

Because Enterbrain are a bunch of stingy bastards.
Screw Enterbrain.

P.S.
They started releasing RPG Maker for PC when RPG Maker Xp came out. But they probably only did that because they realized they could cash in on us.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:21:21 PM by Arkbennett »

RPG Maker 2003 was never availiable in English besides illegal translation?
Why?

Because Enterbrain are a bunch of stingy bastards.
Screw Enterbrain.

P.S.
They started releasing RPG Maker for PC when RPG Maker Xp came out. But they probably only did that because they realized they could cash in on us.

Ehmmm... That's not really any help for me, now is it? xD I didn't ask what people thought of Enterbrain -- I asked where I could buy it. I can't even afford it right now, but I'd like to know where I can get it when I have enough money.

We don't know their reasoning behind not releasing an official English translation; it could be they figured that there was already a translation (although illegal), or they just wanted to focus on development of the newer versions with could be released in English, or something else entirely (like what you said).

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
I did answer your question.
There is no way to buy it in english.
And I doubt you can buy the japanese version, with what all the updated versions of RPG Maker being released anyhow.  If you could, it'd be on enterbrain's japanese site. Saying you can't understand Japanese would make it somewhat pointless anyhow.

And Enterbrain is full of a bunch of assholes.
We know why they decided to release the makers in english.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:14:47 AM by Arkbennett »

Rep:
Level 87
You can download it for free, though it's not an official English version, but it is in English.

http://crankeye.com/index.php?page=downloads

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

Why buy the original english version when you can easily get it :O?
Arlen is hot.

Maybe because I don't want it go be illegal?

Anyways, thanks. I'll see if I can find the newer versions.