RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 71
Using the Valkyrie stories graphics I take it?

Rep:
Level 82
@DoctorTodd: Yes, the cliffs are.

I've removed all the roots and stuff and whatnot in the previous screenshot, thanks Adrien, YuYuBabe.

Here's a village I created. Took a very long time for me to complete.
Spoiler for:

Does to moss on the roofs look weird? It just doesn't look right, but I can't put a finger on it.
Oh, and ignore the house to the left that's slightly cut off. I noticed that when I uploaded the image.
And ignore the sun square on the entrance of the village.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 12:30:57 PM by Zacpower4 »

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Houses look kinda out of place.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
The green stuff on the roofs look really weird, though I can't really put my finger on why. 

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Zacpower4

This is a perfect example of why your map clashes so heavily.

So everything looks fine till you see the houses. they do not belong here at all, they belong in a desert, not in a forested area. There big, clunky and out of place. They do not belong in any way shape or form. Its like sadia-arabia meets the jungle. There is some ruin(s) thing on the road at the bottom, remove it - it clashes badly. The far bottom right the house goes over the edge of the cliff. No. This doesn't work that portion of the house would have collapsed. The road looks fine but why is there grass growing over apart of it by the light post? It doesn't look right.

Your decorations fit, except your statue which looks out place. It looks like you brought this map from photoshop into vx and places stuff on it. No. careful planning. Get rid of the houses, fix up that grass patch on the road and get rid of that ruins thin on the road. Make that "road" on the right hand side under the house look more natural.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I like the houses. Just because most people use them in a desert setting doesn't mean a forest area couldn't have similar architecture. It reminds me a bit of the Mayans. This is an rpg; architecture can be exotic.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
While that may be true - they are out of place in this context. The color is off, the style is off and they don't look natural. It looks like some one came a long and was like "hmmm lets drop some stuff here" and made it look really bad. I would change the tint of the buildings, the texture of the road on the far right side, the color of purple to gree or brown and the windows. I would still remove the ruins in the road, the patch of grass and shift one building over so it doesn't look like its sitting over a cliff.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
A few screenies of a Silent Hill game i'm working on1, using a tileset I created using a bunch of real textures.

And here's some of an RPG I've been working on for a while, off and on, using Inq's tilesets :)

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:17:14 AM by swick »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Your characters in the first two maps do not need to reflect as there's no water around that is visible

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Hmm...I suppose, I just thought it looked cool lmfao.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Your characters in the first two maps do not need to reflect as there's no water around that is visible

It's raining, though I do agree that the reflections seem un-needed. Still looks cool, I guess.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
It doesn't look natural I don't see any puddles. There is no obvious signs of water other then that of what's falling. I say add some obvious water or remove the "reflection"

The first two maps of the rpg maps with inqs tile sets looks stretched and too much. They don't look real, they look "forced." I like your last two maps though
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:05:57 AM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 82
@Adrien: I did mention to ignore the ruins-thingy, it's been removed.
And as for the architecture, the village is supposed to be a sun-worshiping village thus the houses is as such.

I followed your advice nonetheless and hopefully, this is better.
Spoiler for:

@swick: I don't know why you're making a fan-game, it looks really good to be stand-alone.
I really like the light effects in the snowing-screen. It looks great.

As for the other batch of screenshots, it looks equally as nice, just that in the Library map the paintings are slightly behind the bookshelves. You could move them up or elsewhere.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Much....MUCH better. Now it looks like a "sun" village. The only issue is on the right hand side under the houses, the road texture looks unrealistic. Blend it in with the grass

Rep:
Level 82
What this?
Okay, first post here I guess.

I'm just gonna show off my first game that I am creating...

Good enough? :D

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Yes, good enough :O but thats an understatement, way to much of an understatement >.<

i love the lighting!

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
To me the crystals seem out of place.bi could be wrong though

Rep:
Level 88
Menu & Battle System Guru
Okay, first post here I guess.

I'm just gonna show off my first game that I am creating...

Good enough? :D

Beautiful

Rep:
Level 75
where did you get that door in the center it looks great.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 82
What this?
@CodeMaster: From Celianna's Temple tileset.

Rep:
Level 75
Thanks I have been looking for somthing like that

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Swick, think there's anyway you could add like some sort of layer that would only show patches of reflection, and maybe parallax some water pooled in those spots so it would reflect on those puddles.

because that would look fantastic. the reflection would be a really cool idea handled properly.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Never fear anything.
This isn't really a screenshot but I hope it's okay. It's a cliff map I created and I need to know if it's any good, does it look natural enough?

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
hrm... it seems a bit off... mostly becaue of the area with the second ledge... it just... doesn't seem to mesh... If you were to have the section come out more, it would look more natural, I think, but as it stands now, it just looks too man-made... It's all perfectly vertical... Not to mention that this is only a small section of the map, so I can't really tell how this piece intereacts with the rest of your world.

If this crescent stands alone, for example, it would have a much different "naturalness" than if you were to have it connecting to a larger piece of land.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Never fear anything.
hrm... it seems a bit off... mostly becaue of the area with the second ledge... it just... doesn't seem to mesh... If you were to have the section come out more, it would look more natural, I think, but as it stands now, it just looks too man-made... It's all perfectly vertical... Not to mention that this is only a small section of the map, so I can't really tell how this piece intereacts with the rest of your world.

If this crescent stands alone, for example, it would have a much different "naturalness" than if you were to have it connecting to a larger piece of land.

Well, it's basically just part of a big mountain area. I want to make the second ledge come out more (and possible add more ledges) but the Rm2k chipset doesn't have the necessary tiles for that.

I changed it up a bit so the second ledge doesn't extend to the edge. Does this look better or worse?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:38:33 AM by R.J. »