RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Abandoned?

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I was just wondering, if there's still anyone left who uses RPG Maker 2000? Not 2003, or XP, but just old 2000. I know it's not advanced or anything, but it is classic. I downloaded 2000, but I don't think I'm really going to utilize it. I'm probably just going to use XP, but I'm just curious if 2000 users have become extinct?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I think all of the 2000- users are dead.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah. I think they've all switched over to RMXP or RM2k3 considering RMXP is more commonly used and RM2k3 is simply an extension to RM2k.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Well, this might also happen to other RM's when then new RM is released.
Basic Cycle, I guess.
New replaces Old.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
IS there a new RM in the works?  Will I have to pay for it all over again (if I want the legal version) or will there be an upgrade option?
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
IS there a new RM in the works?  Will I have to pay for it all over again (if I want the legal version) or will there be an upgrade option?
No one knows if there is one being worked on. You will most likely have to pay again, if you actually payed for RPG Maker. LOL

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
Err there is tons of places that still use RM2k.>_>
Working on world of sorrow again.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
There was a time I used 2000. I used it 3 mounths ago I think.

I like it more then 2003, but the graphics don't impress me that much.

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Funny thing.
I found the last guy in existence that still uses RM2k.

Ah...
Good 'ol floppy discs.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
No one knows if there is one being worked on. You will most likely have to pay again, if you actually payed for RPG Maker. LOL
lol
Well, we could just hope there will be a new RM to correct and complete all the flaws.

@Arkbennett
lol that's vicious
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
I really, truly doubt that anybody, save a very, very small amount of people who like 2K more than 2K3, actually still use it. This may be because they don't want to see the hassle of graphics for the battle system, or maybe there is something in 2K that 2K3 just doesn't capture.

Rep:
Level 87
Pretty clear.
Xp had that sweet Graphics and scripting.

That's what sets apart the men from the girls.
Although I like eventing more.  :D

Rep:
Level 88
What I wonder is if there is anyone who still uses RPG Maker 95. That would impress me... :blizj:

Rep:
Level 87
What I wonder is if there is anyone who still uses RPG Maker 95. That would impress me... :blizj:

I know somebody who actually downloaded it yesterday now that you mention it, although, he deleted it shortly afterwards.

Rep:
Level 87
Actually, I might have used 95 if it worked on my computer. I used it once or twice, but it always stops working after the first few times. I wouldn't have made a serious game on it though.

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
I made like a 30 minute game in it.>__>
Working on world of sorrow again.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I use 2000 more than any other.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 86
I still use 2000

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
I loved 2000! In fact,,I still love it.  All the custom scripts and side battle systems can be implemented in 2000 by using events.

Still,,I had to switch to XP since people generally don't care about games for 2000 anymore.
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Actually, i'm thinking of getting 95 sometime quick.

-Goes to dl it-

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
So which one do y'all recommend I get then?

Rep:
Level 87
You should get XP.  It is the newest,,it has tons of resources already,,

AND most importantly,,if you want people to play your game,,then XP offers the most amount of willing gamers.
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that

Rep:
Level 98
But XP also sucks hardcore.

2000 is where it is at, it takes the least amount of resources and still can make a great game.

Rep:
Level 87
2000 doesn't support mp3's nor 16 bit color pictures.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
There's no point to using 2000 in my mind because 2003 is like an expansion pack to 2000. The only reason I can see someone using 2000 over 2003 is because of 2000's battle system, but the default battle systems in RM are completely retarded so I don't see why anyone would.