RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Obtaining permissions

Rep:
Level 71
Although not many people go commercial with RPG Maker games, have I a question about obtaining permissions for resources and scripts. If a person is no longer reachable what do you do? Also a lot of peoples topics say give credit and say nothing about using it commercially, would that make it alright to use?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Maybe.
I personally wouldn't risk using something where commercial use isn't specified.

Rep:
Level 71
Alright, I had found some good Face sets but I'll stay away from them.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Alright, I had found some good Face sets but I'll stay away from them.

What facesets were they? You could always try some good ol' RTP edited Facesets, there's plenty around here you may ask for commercial use. :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 71
They were RTP enhanced in emotional sets

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I see. I think there are many people who make expression sets out of RTP, and you may be able to find another bunch of them. If not, you could always ask Celianna if you can use her face-maker for a commercial project (which is made using RTP graphics). She's over at RRR - here's the link. You have to have some form of graphic editing software that can open it, though - GIMP or Photoshop (etc?) - the face maker is a .psd file.

Oh, wow. It seems she's got an expression generator, too. I did not know this! I'm gonna check it out, too. :P

EDIT: It doesn't look like there's a female version releashed of her faceset maker. All I found was the male version on her page... :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:55:28 PM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks you actually are allowed commercial use.

Contrary to my other resources, I ask you credit me (and Pentagonbuddy) when using this, even if it includes making faces for someone else. Please do not post the generator anywhere else without my permission. If you really want to post it, just link it back to this topic. This way I know where people are coming from, instead of having it spread without my knowledge. You're allowed to use this for commercial use.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Coolcool! It's just a shame there appears to be no female faceset generator yet. I tried to make a girl-looking person on the man one but it just ended up looking like a he-she lol! I'm sure she'll have one out soon, she's probably very busy. I look forward to it. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
most companies when they make a game using what ever software create all their own assets, scripts and so on, in the cases where things like havoc engine are used or what have you, licenses are obtained. It is best to make your own resources if you want to go commercial

Rep:
Level 71
Yes but they have tons of people, I have two including my self.......

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I have seen people create games here they create there own resources....

Rep:
Level 71
And how well do they turn out?

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
its not about graphical apeal (well not 100%) its about making it your own. Dont worry about what other people think its how you sell it, how you repersent it, present it. If a game doesn't look good but the story is damn good - im going to play it. For example (and countless people will disagree with me) FF8 looked like shit to me but had a compelling story so I bought it and played it and liked it.

None of my games are graphically appealing but its all about the story and the features

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, on my next game I'm doing a lot more creative custom stuff. I will still use others people stuff though (with permission of course). But come on how is this not visually appealing?

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Ya that was a mistake. LOL that game is being redone due to the fact that A) that map is way to large......and B) the events along on that map.....talk about low FPS. Mistakes and lessons learned.

Games dont have to be the next ff13 in terms of looks. The bar is set high in visual appeal because that's what we see. what we want, how ever I will take dragon quest I over 9 any day.

Rep:
Level 71
You can fix the FPS problem with a anti-lag script. Also that's good to hear the game looks fun. I know they don't but why not keep the bar high?

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
because then e sacrifice story, features, the allure of the game for "oooo shiny" and then we get FF13....a shity pathetic game - looks nice and realistic but shit and linear story. (side note: Ya War of the Souls and War of the Souls soul cry are being remade. Soul Cry wont see its first release till April....)

Rep:
Level 71
Can't it still be done? I mean you don't need to sacrifice it, it would take a long time.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
for a large team yes, for a one person team yes if your using community stuff and not selling it, how ever if your selling it, yes will just take longer

Rep:
Level 71
Regardless of time I'll try that on my next game.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
why not with this one?

Rep:
Level 71
I have gotten to the point here it would take a long time...
I will add some more stuff from were I am though. I can't really get a bigger team with my current money.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I see. I think there are many people who make expression sets out of RTP, and you may be able to find another bunch of them. If not, you could always ask Celianna if you can use her face-maker for a commercial project (which is made using RTP graphics). She's over at RRR - here's the link. You have to have some form of graphic editing software that can open it, though - GIMP or Photoshop (etc?) - the face maker is a .psd file.

Oh, wow. It seems she's got an expression generator, too. I did not know this! I'm gonna check it out, too. :P

EDIT: It doesn't look like there's a female version releashed of her faceset maker. All I found was the male version on her page... :(

Actually there is a female face generator :3 how could you miss it?

*edit* unless you meant emotions, cuz there isnt any female ones :(

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yep, the normal female face one is great :) sadly, I was looking for the emotional faceset one, but she has a post saying the female one isn't out yet D: ...The male one is REALLY cool, though. I love it! I'm going to attach a sample of what I made using her male faceset maker.

Oh, and this goes for anyone reading this. I'd also recommend downloading Celianna's World Map Maker. This is a SERIOUSLY cool tool (once again in .psd format). But I think watching her tutorial is a MUST. You can find the World Map Maker here - as well as the tutorial. I'm also going to attach a sample world map that I made. Because I really love to attach files. Nyah.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
WOAH! what doesnt she have O_o

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
WOAH! what doesnt she have O_o

I don't know... she's a wizard! Her Map Maker is very easy to use. Even someone like me, who dislikes mass continent-like shapes, was able to use it easily.

I think this could help out Doc's game, and would also check out her tilesets and such if you plan on doing parallax mapping. You can find them through her profile. Be sure to give her LOADS of credit, should you use any of her stuff. She's a very talented individual. :)

Hope that helped. Good luck, Doc!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 71
That's pretty cool, if only it could be done in GIMP. Has any one noticed how off topic we've gone?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's pretty cool, if only it could be done in GIMP. Has any one noticed how off topic we've gone?

I'm sure it's alright, as long as we are providing helpful insight, rather then steering this topic towards the wasteland sewers. :P

Anyways, it may be able to work on GIMP. I can't guarantee. If anything, the fonts would give you grief. If you really need a map like this, I can help you out sometime. You could draw out general shapes on paint or something and send that me, and I'll do the fancy stuff with the shapes on photoshop, using her maker. Only takes a few minutes. :) And the word placements, trees, mountains, etc, can all be done on GIMP, I believe, so you could customize it. I wouldn't say I'm all too good at it, though. The edges look a little too repetitive when I do it, I think D:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 71
I don't need one right now but thanks  :)