RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Christian Topic Be warned

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
In my humble opinion, I believe the popular notion that Hell is a “lake of fire were tortured souls are condemned for eternity to be incorrect. Why? It would be incorrect because it would be unfeasible.

Lucifer, Satan or whatever name you’d like to refer him, was expelled from Heaven because in his arrogance he forgot God’s commandment and sought to become Him. “Sought to become Him” being the key words. Beaten and broken he was cast from Heaven, and thrown to Hell. With him many angels felt and thus this is what we consider the beginning of Hell. But, if Lucifer wished to be God why create a Lake of Fire? It is unfeasible to someone who valued perfection so high to succumb to such Chaotic Evil, that is why I believed that the True Hell is far more scarier than a simple Lake of Fire, Hell is a twisted image of Heaven, equal in every aspect, except that it exhales an unsettling feeling, that people are chained there to never return, and live in a twisted eternity never knowing the true heaven. That is my opinion about Hell, not something as graphic as the Lake but as a twisted reflection of Heaven were in the Throne sits not God, but Lucifer.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I don't really believe in "hell" per se, but if there was one, it wouldn't be fire and brimstone and pain. These are physical things, and after losing our bodies, the physical realm is no longer our burden to hold.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
But our spiritual bodies could contain feelings like that except since we're already dead, we just get tortured.

Rep:
Level 86
Unquestionable Presence
I don't really believe in "hell" per se, but if there was one, it wouldn't be fire and brimstone and pain. These are physical things, and after losing our bodies, the physical realm is no longer our burden to hold.

Agreed. If such a "hell" even exists (and that's undoubtedly where I'm going since I listen to technical death metal and read Harry Potter) the pain we hypothetically experience there is much more likely to be spiritual rather than physical. The Bible depicts hell as "fire and brimstone" and implies that it's one giant place where all souls are gathered in eternal torment, but I tend to imagine it as merely "the absence of God/Allah/Adonai/Jehovah/whoever." It is my belief you don't get sent to hell by listening to heavy metal and Celtic music, reading fictional books about witchcraft, and/or participating in Halloween; rather you get sent to your own individual hell by spiritually distancing yourself from God.

I'm an atheist, but I do maintain an interest in modern religion, not participating in it but rather studying it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The bible doesn't generally depict hell as fire and brimstone - some preachers and/or religions do. The bible's references to Hell (primarily considering New Testament) are usually just of exclusion. Like there is a feast, and then people are thrown outside "where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth". The chief punishment is eternal separation from God, and the anguish the soul is supposed to experience is metaphorically represented by burning. From what I understand, that is the Catholic teaching on Hell at least. I don't know about other Christian religions or Judaism.

Rep:
Level 86
Unquestionable Presence
I stand corrected. I've had time to look through my old Revised Standard bible more closely, and it does indeed describe it as such.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Regardless, there would be no "weeping" or "gnashing of teeth" because when you're dead you have no eyes to weep from nor teeth to gnash.

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
I did a little research on this topic, and I'm not going to quote the KJV Bible word for word, but according to it, When people die, people do not directly go to heaven or hell. In fact, they sleep in a restful slumber, until the Rapture. The Rapture being the 7 years of tribulation which mark the end of the world. Then once they arise from there slumber, God will then pass judgment, and show each human being there entire life. Then Judgment will be passed, and the gates will be opened.

Thats as much as I got. I dont have any real opinions on this atm. Im still not 100% on what I believe.
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?