RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
suggest good ps2 games for short attention spans

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
lots of action, little story. no rpgs. even things reminiscent of old arcade games are fine (ie, geometry wars). I want stuff that's easy to pick up and play and doesn't require huge globs of time and really has fun gameplay.

pretty much open to most genres. there are very, very few ps2 games I've played all in all.

random things I like to give you an idea of my taste:

- geometry wars. lurve it.

- the original doom. not the new one, but not for the reasons other people list; it's just not as hard on the action as I want my doom. 20 minutes of wandering around before I get to shoot anything? nothx

- tony hawk-esque things. I'm not a huge fan of tony hawk per se, but I did love it for a few reasons. namely: short games, fun gameplay, and the the high scores made it challenging enough to be fun ~ mostly referring to the old ones, haven't touched the new ones.

- raiden 3, ikaruga: arcade-esque, lots of action. prefer raiden 3 to ikaruga actually since I'm not so big on bullet hell when all you have to do is memorize the same patterns they do every single time.

any suggestions? ;-;; nothing has to be exactly like the above games, but just stuff with lots of action, little filler, and the ability to play it [and have it be enjoyable] in small chunks of gameplay.

I haven't played resident evil since 2. would 4 fit my profile, or is there a lot of story/filler when compared to the action? how does the wii version stack up to the ps2 one?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Yes Resi4 would be a good choose, there isn't anytime where you are just walking and not doing anything.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
KATAMARI DAMACY.

Play it.
Now.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Dead or Alive 4? Mindless chicks with boob physics beating the hell out of each other is as close as you can get with this.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
Star Wars Battlefront.  Plenty of action, hardly any story.  Fun with multiplayer.

(I haven't seen or played many PS2 games as I don't own a PS2)

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Burnout series, Devil May Cry any GTA.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

A bit of story, yeah, but its just cutscenes, and I think you can skip them.

Puzzles in spots though, dunno if you care about that.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Yes Resi4 would be a good choose, there isn't anytime where you are just walking and not doing anything.
Never rent or buy or even look at the case for its ps2 version.  Fuck capcom for caving.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Never rent or buy or even look at the case for its ps2 version.  Fuck capcom for caving.

WINWINWINWINWIN Biohazard, that is singlehandedly the best damn thing you have ever said in my presence.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

...I liked the PS2 version, it had the extra content.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
I really liked that version as well. No way I could've played it on Gamecube.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
And now there is no way I can be your friend.

Rep:
Level 96
Ah, a loss, but alas I believe I shalt go on.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Star Wars Battlefront.  Plenty of action, hardly any story.  Fun with multiplayer.

true, battlefront is good.

Mercenaries is fun. It has open-ended gameplay (like GTA with good-for-ps2 graphics set in north korea) with alot of destruction and explosions. the gameplay gets boring after many hours, but is fun for say...the criteria you posted.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
megaman.

Dont make me laugh the last few x games 10-13 were shit and was enough why do u think they made x command mission
anyway i would suggest:

- Burnout Revenge
- Transformers : The Movie Game
- Battlefront 1 and or 2
- Any other mindless killing game

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Also fantavision.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Guitar hero 1,2 and 3.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Megaman X Collection
Megaman Collection

=P

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter

Mercenaries is fun. It has open-ended gameplay (like GTA with good-for-ps2 graphics set in north korea) with alot of destruction and explosions. the gameplay gets boring after many hours, but is fun for say...the criteria you posted.

I forgot about mercenaries!  How could I forget that?!  especially the codes you can find in the Help section of the little handheld thingy he carries around...loved the portable air strike.  and watching my friend pile infinite-ammo C4 on a baggage car (the pimp-mobile he calls it) and blasting it and trying to beat his time record for the time of detonation to the time of landing.  Think his best was...fifteen minutes?  Yeah he went on playing and fifteen minutes later it lands on a guy he's about to blow up with the portable air strike.

Rep:
Level 96
megaman.

Dont make me laugh the last few x games 10-13 were shit and was enough why do u think they made x command mission

lol wut

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Dead or Alive 4? Mindless chicks with boob physics beating the hell out of each other is as close as you can get with this.
<33333333333333333, although its for X360.

Guitar hero 1,2 and 3.

3 isnt out yet, Zypher has beaten the shit out of 1 and 2.

Ok, Zypher, Im going to recommend a heavy dosage of Megaman Legends, Katamari, and Magic Pengel/ Graffiti Kingdom.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

I forgot about mercenaries!  How could I forget that?!  especially the codes you can find in the Help section of the little handheld thingy he carries around...loved the portable air strike.  and watching my friend pile infinite-ammo C4 on a baggage car (the pimp-mobile he calls it) and blasting it and trying to beat his time record for the time of detonation to the time of landing.  Think his best was...fifteen minutes?  Yeah he went on playing and fifteen minutes later it lands on a guy he's about to blow up with the portable air strike.

oh man. My favorite, when im messing around, is to put on infinite health, pile C4 onto any fast car, and damage it alot. then, right before it explodes from damage, you get in it and drive. Get out and it keeps going, it explodes, and then if you time it right you can set off the C4 as well =D

hm.
I need to kinda a copy of Katamari. : /

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
yeah my friend beat that Russian barrel-rolling contest thing with C4.,  Know the contest where they have you roll a barrel by hitting it with your gun?  He piled tones of C4 all around it and detonated it.  He killed everyone around but rewon their respect almost fourfold with the distance he got.  Then he razed the city with the portable air strike cuz he didn't feel like saving the game just then.  :P =D

Know what else is fun in that game?  Standing, with invincibility, in the misdt of every air strike and explosive thing you can get to go off at once.  It was cool, my friend called every single satellite strike and aerial strike (scatter bomb and stuff) he could within a few seconds, and timed the detonation of the C4 pile at his feet just right...the screen was chaos for a while.

Okay, if this discussion isn't enough to make someone want to play mercenaries, what is?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Go buy Tomb Raider Anniversary/Legends. Lotsa action, little story :*
:taco: :taco: :taco:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
ps2, huh? I'm playing POP: The two thrones on pc, and i know my friends got it for the ps2.
Cuz he has one.
It's good, it's all fight-fight and a few puzzles. Try it out.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
<33333333333333333, although its for X360.

Guitar hero 1,2 and 3.

3 isnt out yet, Zypher has beaten the shit out of 1 and 2.

Ok, Zypher, Im going to recommend a heavy dosage of Megaman Legends, Katamari, and Magic Pengel/ Graffiti Kingdom.

3rd, Rocks of the 80's XD

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Play Stuntman.
Thats a game I havnt played in a while, quick game. Sorta a story.
GOOD FUN!

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Command and Conquers, the ones on the PS1 simple, and very addicting.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
ps2, huh? I'm playing POP: The two thrones on pc, and i know my friends got it for the ps2.
Cuz he has one.
It's good, it's all fight-fight and a few puzzles. Try it out.

There is a story behind it........but, yeah, the PoP series is awesome.

I recommend:

- Katamri
- Fantavision
- GT4 (no story what so ever)
- TimeSplitters 2 (Little story, but it's like a remake of GoldenEye, only lots for stuff)

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, for the PS2. That is, if you like racing games.

Rep:
Level 86
God of WAR!

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Anything but XenoSaga.

fixed my bowls move fast than that game