RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
GameCube

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I wanna buy a GameCube. Used or new, doesn't matter. However, lower prices do matter ;8 Anyways, I looked on amazon.com and it seems I can get a used one from a "Top Rated Seller" dude for a little upwards of $25. I was just wondering if anyone knew any cheaper and reliable online places to buy a GameCube from.

Also, if anyone has a good idea on what size memory stick is good, that'd be good to know, too.

Also, don't hate on me for buying a GameCube this late or for buying one in general. I personally think they're underrated :mad:

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I don't blame you at all, man. Metroid Prime alone is worth getting one. It doesn't have many good games, but the ones that are good are amazing.

If you do get it, I recommend:

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Zelda: Wind Waker
Zelda: 4 Swords Adventures
Tales of Symphonia
Resident Evil 4

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
More like $30, but w/e. :P That's an option. I need to look for controllers, too. I hate how not everyone lists what they're giving... That guy could be giving just the console and no cords and no controllers. :P

And OMG WIND WAKER. That's one I really wanted to play. Same with Tales of Symphonia; my friend has it so I can probably borrow from him.

I've still got a PSP to mess around with (especially since I can get all those PS1 games <3) so I won't be too heavy on the GC except for maybe SSBM. At least for now.

EDIT: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005QEFD/ref=sr_1_olp_49?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263663810&sr=1-49&condition=used
Third one on this page looks good for me. Nice rating, the console seems to be set, all cords, and a controller! :)

Also, how big should a memory card be? :P
Okay, I'm just getting one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000067QW2/ref=sr_1_olp_9?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263664661&sr=8-9&condition=used
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 06:01:40 PM by AlmightyPatapon »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I have three of 'em. If you have the money, I don't see a reason not to just buy a wii. They play gamecube games too, and they play wii games. They're coming down in price too.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
MUST HAVE:

Starfox Adventures - Can't stress this enough
Super Smash Bros Melee - THE Gamecube game
Pikmin - cute fun, only a few days worth of playtime though and you'll probably not play it again.
bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
wii wul lik to play

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
MUST HAVE:

Starfox Adventures - Can't stress this enough
Or, buy a good game instead.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Paper Mario 2
Soul Calibur II
Pikmin 1 / 2
Animal Crossing

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Baten Kaitos >:] both of 'em.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Isn't Skies of Arcadia on this system, too? I've always wanted to try that and Baten Kaitos, but never did.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I have three of 'em. If you have the money, I don't see a reason not to just buy a wii. They play gamecube games too, and they play wii games. They're coming down in price too.
Still too expensive for me. $50 is about as much money as I have.

@Roph: Hmmm Melee is for sure; that's what I'm going to be spending most of my time playing. There's too much to practice and learn for it! :o I've always also wanted to play Pikmin, too. Starfox is an option for the future, too.

@Arrow: I was thinking of Paper Mario and Animal Crossing. Maybe the other ones :P

@others: I'll look at those games a little, but, overall, I'm short on money and time. ;-; So that's, like, money squared. SSBM could potentially keep me busy for INFINITY, and, like I said, I still have my PSP. :P But thanks for all the recommendations. :3 I'm really excited to get this GC.

@Holk: Skies of Arcadia isn't for GC, but Skies of Arcadia Legends is. If there's any difference.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
@Holk: Skies of Arcadia isn't for GC, but Skies of Arcadia Legends is. If there's any difference.

That's the name of the Skies of Arcadia port, lol
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That's why I tacked on the "if there's a difference" in case it was just a port named differently. :P

Rep:
Level 94
I'm sorry, but fuck Smash Brothers.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Reason? I don't want to turn this into a debate, but I was just wondering why you dislike it so strongly. It better not be one of those weak "it's overrated" arguments that people have for FFVII; just because it's overrated doesn't mean it can't still be good (argument here applying to FFVII).

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
That's not a valid comparison, because FF VII is genuinely bad. :)
:tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, it was quite a big achievement for VI to VII. :P The whole 3D thing and battles and whatnot. Going into story, yeah, it wasn't the best story you could get. However, I personally didn't think it was that bad. Of course, I might be on the opposite end of the people who bash on it saying it's overrated; I might just be influenced into liking it. >_> Idk.

Rep:
Level 94
I like Final Fantasy VII, but you're right, it is overrated. The reason that I don't like Smash Bros. is that I find it boring and repetitive. Also, I think the engine is horrible, and almost makes the game a chore to play. I like the concept, but dislike the execution.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Repetitive? :o Imo, it's hard to learn how to properly WD with each character, DI well each time, find perfect opportunities to shield grab, find sweetspots for your hits (such as C.Falcon's knee), and etc. The engine was actually well designed, imo, as the advanced techniques of the game weren't just discovered by chance (at least most of them) and were actually a little bit intended. But, yeah, this could make this game a chore to play, but I personally like this aspect of it. I guess to each their own opinion.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 02:15:45 AM by AlmightyPatapon »

Rep:
Level 82
Dreamers often lie.
I'm iffy on the GameCube itself. The library of games that are actually WORTH playing is rather small in comparison to other platform that came around the same time. The only games I really dug into are already listed, namely: Wind Waker, Tales of Symphonia, and Soul Caliber II (Which I only got because I could play Link. I wasn't as much a Soul Calibur fan as I am today).

If you CAN find it, I suggest The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition. It has the original Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and a demo of Wind Waker.

Just...for God's sake. Leave Super Mario Sunshine alone.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
The GameCube can be easily found for $30 or less so if you think the games themselves are worth the money (and can be found for ~$10-$20), then each penny spent on the GameCube becomes further justified, and you got yourself a nice game there. ;8

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Starfox adventures IS good. It was rare's last foray for a nintendo console. I like it so much I recorded a playthrough.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I like Final Fantasy VII, but you're right, it is overrated. The reason that I don't like Smash Bros. is that I find it boring and repetitive. Also, I think the engine is horrible, and almost makes the game a chore to play. I like the concept, but dislike the execution.
All of your points are valid except the engine. It uses the same engine as Half Life 2

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Well, it was quite a big achievement for VI to VII. :P The whole 3D thing and battles and whatnot. Going into story, yeah, it wasn't the best story you could get. However, I personally didn't think it was that bad. Of course, I might be on the opposite end of the people who bash on it saying it's overrated; I might just be influenced into liking it. >_> Idk.

What. The battles are exactly the same as IV, V, VI, VII, IX. The only difference between all of those games are the magic/skill learning system. How are the battles a big achievement when it's the same thing that came before it? Only worse.
:tinysmile: