RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Requesting a Key Binding Script

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I would like a script that will allow me to call events such as $scene = Scene_Menu2.new.

Or something as simple as a print("You pressed some key.") inside of a function, something that will detect what key is pressed so that I can bind menus to different keys.

Rep:
Level 87
*sigh*

Posting the same request in 10 areas will not get you the answer any faster, but it WILL put a few noses out of joint.

On the second page of the Scripts forum, had you looked, you might have found a topic called Keyboard Script (allows you to use any key).

The comments in the script tell you how to use it, but I modified it and set up a call in Scene_Map (in the Update function - around where it checks for the F9 key to be pressed when debugging) to check for particular keys being pressed and call new functions.

This should get you somewhere.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.