RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Alastiers Legacy : Rise to Honour

Rep:
Level 87
Heres some info on my game and characters.

the main story is Alastiers story which is here.
Spoiler for:
When he is drafted into the army a monk beats him up at the fort because hes such a wuss in an attempt to make him more manly.You meet this arsehole soldier who says your father(died in war, was a knight)was a shitty soldier and that your no better, so you set out to prove that he's wrong. While reading in the library to see if he can find more about his father, Alastier to confronted by an old sergeant. He tells him that he actually fought along side with his father and explains that your father was a great man. so you set out to prove that and prove that your a great soldier as well.

Main Character
Spoiler for:
Name : Alastier
Role : Main Charater
Class : Squire - Knight
Ele. : Earth
Sex : Male
Traits : Weak Spirit
           Earthly Magic Ability
           Doesnt like being hero

Second Character
Spoiler for:
Name : Caryn
Role : Alastiers companion
Class : Monk - Priestess
Ele. : Wind
Sex : Female
Traits : Short Temper
           Doesnt get along with Alastier
           Healing Power

Third Character
Spoiler for:
Name : Brodie
Role : Alastiers and Caryn's Companion later on
Class : Guard - Warrior
Ele. : Fire
Sex : Male
Traits : Level Headed
           Belives Alastiers father left his to die(more exaplaination in game)
           Keeps Alastier and Caryn from fighting all the time.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:48:45 AM by Deuresco »

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Sounds good XD. But make sure you post pics about it.

There are requirements to these kinds of threads. Other than that, good luck
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:45:45 PM by ChaosSpartan28 »
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 87
FFVII and LoD are the Kings of RPG's!
Thanks so much for givin' me credit for the storyline. But yeah, this game is gunna be good.
I made my first good cut scene on May,9/07!

...Diamond Doorknob...

Rep:
Level 87
oh yeah, credits go to riku994 for story ideas Choas what do yo mean by screen shots? just of maps, cuz i only started on the maps

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Yes, screenshots of maps are required but thats fine for a bit since you are working on them. No worries for now
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 87
Yeah, that's why you should make the game a bit before you post it.

...Diamond Doorknob...

Rep:
Level 87
i can give ya a screen of the farm Alastier is raised on.
and im gonna start on the plains to the fort right now

Rep:
Level 87
alright, geez...

Rep:
Level 87
That's a pretty good map. Lookin' forward to more screens and a demo when it's available.

...Diamond Doorknob...

Rep:
Level 87
here are screens of all the places
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:23:21 PM by Deuresco »

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Its not me who is forcing you, Im just saying some sort of pic is needed. And when you do post it just edit your first post.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 87
alright, what do you think of Knighthood for a name?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Typo errors in your first post. XD Anyways, that sounds like a good name and I might think some up, too. How about... "Inheritance of Knight-Errantry"? XP

Rep:
Level 87
1. i dont really care for typo errors unless theyre really bad and
2. what the FLIP does the name mean!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
well, it's about him upholding family honor, right? "The Legacy of Alastier" seems to fit.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
2. what the FLIP does the name mean!
This place will tell you: http://www.dictionary.com :D Also, I was planning on using Legacy but that was kinda cliched (NOT AS CLICHED AS "INHERITANCE" >:]) so I used my word.

Rep:
Level 87
I like Legacy of Alastier.

...Diamond Doorknob...

Rep:
Level 87
ok so far names ive made up/gotten are :
knighthood,
judgement,
inheritence blah blah dont wanna type it all,
the legacy of alastier

i though of just now :
family honour,
alastiers honour,
alastiers legacy

tell me what yuo think and ill take the majority

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
yeah legacy is overused but the thing is though that the word "legacy" actually fits the game, unlike the rest of the noob faggots.

Rep:
Level 87
thats true, so ill go with alastiers legacy for now. ill make a title screen and post it.

Rep:
Level 87
since the game is based sorta in scotland, i used names from scotland, i found this pic of a lake and i think this title screen is pretty sweet

EDIT : THIS TITLE SCREEN WORKS, I GOT RID OF OLD ONE
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:31:11 AM by Deuresco »

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
Just in case, I brainstormed some amazing names

A Knight's Tale
Blades of Glory
The Last King of Scotland
Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.

Rep:
Level 87
Blades of Glory is a movie about two guys skating! For gods sakes!

...Diamond Doorknob...

Rep:
Level 87
thats true, it was really funny by the way, also alastier isnt the last king of scotland, he just some commoner, like William Wallace the coolest scottish guy ever. so last king of scotland is out. and knights tale doesnt really work cuz your not a knight.

Rep:
Level 88
I likes your maps. They're just too empty and you didnt use common-sence. What I mean is, why is a sprite which is designed for a prisoner is working in a rich looking shop.

Rep:
Level 87
hes a farmer, and how can i fill them up? ive used mostly everything in the tileset so tell me how and i will

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Re-use the things in the tileset?

Rep:
Level 87
alright fine! ill fix up alastiers house then ill post it and you tell me if its filled enough, im usually good at this though and thats pissing me off
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 08:58:19 PM by Deuresco »

Rep:
Level 88
Evil will Perish In a Flash of Crimson...
hmm i know u already decided a name but how bout the main title as "alastiers legacy" then sub title underneath "Rise To Honour" jus tryin to help good luck with ur project :D xx

Rep:
Level 87
that is a good subtitle...how bout i change it and see what ppl think
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:02:50 PM by Deuresco »

Rep:
Level 88
well i like it hun xx lol looks interestin lemme know when a demo is up x

Rep:
Level 87
Deuresco you're such an idoit! If someone calls you hun you just accept it... Sheesh. But yeah, Rise to Honour is nice.

...Diamond Doorknob...

Rep:
Level 87
god damn, jsut leave me alone, im gonna go sit in a corner...and thats also what im known for around where we live, being dumb. i mean cmon i jumped off my house for no reason what so ever. im dumb that way
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:33:03 PM by Deuresco »

Rep:
Level 88
awww lol im 18 hun so...anyways lemme know if u need help ill see what i can do xx

Rep:
Level 87
yeah if i need any help ill just ask, plus riku helps me out
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:31:12 AM by Deuresco »

Rep:
Level 87
Deuresco usually doesn't need help with mapping, but storylines don't come easily. But that job is taken by Yours Truly... But he'll probably need help beyond my reaches some day.

...Diamond Doorknob...

Rep:
Level 87
that is so true, and eventing im good at that too i guess...but yeah storyies are my worst element. i fail everytime we gotta write a story or poem or essay so im nae good at tha'

Rep:
Level 87
here a screen of the fork in the path south, fort osdale where your headed, north stirling castle(actually a castle) and east is mingary, your farm

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
Judgement is reserved.  Copyright 2007 Enigma Games, All Rights Reserved.

Really.  I'm making Judgement+, so you can't have it.  REALLY good maps, btw, for someone I've never seen.
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Rep:
Level 87
im not using judgement, but thanks for the tip, and you like my maps? i think they look like crap compared to some ive seen

Rep:
Level 87
so you want me to make the shop more filled up? i can do that, gimme 2mins!

EDIT : here it is, is it filled enough for ya?!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:51:20 AM by Deuresco »

Rep:
Level 87
here are 2 screens of fort osdale, inside and out.

EDIT : i modified the fort a little, i made an induction office which is were you go and you get a badge saying your in the army and you then you go so yeah...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:05:32 AM by Deuresco »

Rep:
Level 87
That's actually very good.

...Diamond Doorknob...

Rep:
Level 87
ya think? its my first real attempt at a fort

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That's good! You destroyed one of the RPG cliches. The inside of the building is the same size as the outside. :o

Rep:
Level 87
Yeah, he has a tendency to do that.

...Diamond Doorknob...

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
There's a bit too much repetitiveness of the small details, but other than that, yeah, they're great.  I advise maybe editing the tilesets some, add a couple more details, especially on the fort, the top makes my eyes bleed from too much of the same thing.
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Rep:
Level 87
well, i would combine 2 tilesets but whenever i do that, i always clip just a tiny bit and plus the shadows always get darker. any tips? cuz i will try, im using photoshop 7

Rep:
Level 88
very nice screenies i can see u put a fair bit of effort into your mapping, btw im very glad u decided to use Rise to Honour :) Keep up the good work hun xx

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, i take pride in my maps, and no prob ill be sure to put you in the credits

Rep:
Level 87
heres a pic of my extremly badly draw overview of what the Rhefails plains are gonna sorta look like.

EDIT : each sqaure on the map is 23x19
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 08:55:16 PM by Deuresco »

Rep:
Level 87
Wow, that is extremely bad...

...Diamond Doorknob...

Rep:
Level 87
yeah! you dont even plan out your maps, and besides at least it gets the job done!

Rep:
Level 87
Yeah whatever works for ya... I just do what comes to me. That's why i suck at mapping and am a better storyline maker. I hope your game comes along great.

...Diamond Doorknob...

Rep:
Level 87
i hope so, but you should plan out your maps, it helps a lot