RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
This "screenshot" is rather huge, so. . .

Click:

Brrrrrr.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Click:

Brrrrrr.

Simply jaw dropping. I wish I were as good as you. 10/10

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.

Click:

Brrrrrr.

:tpg: my mapping skill is no match for yours... 10/10!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Click:

Brrrrrr.

Actually I just noticed, you're using the ice auto-tile as a path. -_-

Rep:
Level 90
I can only hope that I get some 11/10s

MAPS:

Spoiler for:

The map is too large to fit into the editor window.

PRESTON PASS

Look closely at the map above and you can see 3 caves... Golly where do they lead? I have actually updated these two to include more details and treasures since these map shots were taken.

PRESTON PASS

PRESTON PASS

I have added a lot more details and treasures to the photo above. This way... nothing will be given away by revealing this map :-)

community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I kinda like mode07 personally, but the current scripts for it are too unstable to be persistently used. It's somewhat of a refreshing effect, although bad mappings kinda ruins it (speaking in general, not at anything specific).

I'm not saying that mode7 is bad, I like it in world maps, but in the interior it doesn't look right, it's too grainy.

Hard to give feedback on maps we can only see at, like, 1/10th the zoom, but the layout looks fine. 7/10, you should throw something in the water, lillypads, or something.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Thanks guys. :) And that actually is the snow road autotiles, Irock; the ice autotiles are blue-ish in colour and smooth without details. I've been planning to use a different road autotile for that in the near future though, heheh.

@Maia:
I like the sense of elevation in that mountain map. :> I'd suggest adding some variety to the trees, or perhaps simply recolouring some of them to have a little variety as the elevation increases to signify altitude.

@Falcon:
Ah, yeah I see what you mean. There's also that screen-tearing effect that is quite annoy.
(When I first came across the script I thought the style looked like old school Runescape, hahah.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 03:55:31 PM by Reives »

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Click:

Brrrrrr.

Nice winter screenshot :). I once tried to remake the Sunny forest tree to snow, but it didn't end up that well :lol:

Rep:
Level 86

Click:

Brrrrrr.

WOW, just WOW... That map looks great! I hope seeing more maps like that.

Rep:
Level 91

Just some crap I threw together, I want to know if the grass looks alright in the water :P

Nice map reives, I only say two minor errors, which are very hard to spot.

Rep:
Level 89
I personly think that the grass should be on the ground only, but I don't see any errors when you have it on the water :P . The water and the grass match together, but I think it's wrong.

Cursed by Ghost Dog for eternity
Rep:
Level 86
w/e

Click:

Brrrrrr.

I found one mapping mistake ;9
The Newbie
I'll be gone again in time.

Rep:
Level 91
I personly think that the grass should be on the ground only, but I don't see any errors when you have it on the water :P . The water and the grass match together, but I think it's wrong.

Agreed, but there aren't many options for water. Someone should make an addon for stuff that goes in the water.

Rep:
Level 89

Agreed, but there aren't many options for water. Someone should make an addon for stuff that goes in the water.

Yeah, Like seaweed or reed.

Rep:
Level 89
I've always thought that the white flower tile looked like a lotus, heheh. I think the main thinig with using those tiles on water is that if you do, you should not use it on land as well - or at least use an edited/recoloured version to signify the difference.

I found one mapping mistake ;9
There are quite a few in fact. o:

Rep:
Level 89

Another view of it.

Rep:
Level 91
All your maps are amazing, and that one is no exception.

Rep:
Level 89
Those are amazing, I notice two mapping mistakes on the second pic.

Rep:
Level 102
The bridge supports need to be longer. The way they are, they wouldn't really be touching the water. They'd just be hanging there.

Rep:
Level 89
The bridge supports need to be longer. The way they are, they wouldn't really be touching the water. They'd just be hanging there.

Better?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
To me I find noe, thou I get the feeling it needs to be a bit Taller.

Rep:
Level 89

Rep:
Level 89
Now it looks better!

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom

DOES THIS LOOK CUTE?

Rep:
Level 89
I think it looks more plain and boring then cute.

Trees don't grow in a straight line, you know. Nature is random.

Also, the cliffs is also to straight.

And I think you need to add more details.