RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Does water have a taste?

Rep:
Level 88
Romeo.
I posted this topic in another forum.

A friend of mine was complaining about how a certain water tastes and so that was when I came up with this topic. Do you think water has a taste or not?

(I was curious and I think it'd be interesting to see what people would say.)

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Salty water tastes salty.
Water from rivers( directly taken) has some weird taste.
Pure water has no taste, but when we're thirsty we say it tastes sweet.

If we drink water with mud, its yuck
if we drink water with salt, its salty

so on and so fart lol..
Arlen is hot.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Water does have it's own unique taste. It's not exactly easy to describe. However if he thinks a certain water tastes bad... well... hes probably wrong. Most water tastes exactly the same. Some bottled water companies add things to their water, but then its not really just water anymore is it?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Well water can taste very differently depending on where it's from and how it's been processed :/

Tap water has additives in it to help prevent corrosion of pipes and kill bacteria, bottled water usually has extra minerals added in it (or they're there naturally) etc.

But anyway, Wikipedia says it's tasteless.
bringing sexy back

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I always thought milk had no taste...now im addicted to the stuff...Milk with every meal
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I think water has a taste, but that's only when stuff has been added to it. (i.e. flouride in tap water, etc.)
:tinysmile:

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Upon further consideration I have come to believe that pure water is likely indeed tasteless. However, when we consume it there is almost always other stuff in there which gives it taste.

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
Pure water = bland crap

cold tap water = bland cold crap

tap water = pwnage
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

so.........fat cat = fat cat

PROJECT INFO
Nothing :3

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
... what are you talking about... water has a tast... it's called the taste of water. water taste like water...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Water has no taste. If you drink it on room temparature, you will not even feel it's "refreshing cold taste", since it doesn't refresh you at all. Water is absolutely neutral in taste as chemistry says. You can look up that anywhere in the internet. I can guarantee that.
Just like Halo said, only the added thing in water can make a taste.

EDIT: I have to read topics before posting... (-_-')
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I dunno...my apartment's tapwater tastes metally. The water at my grandmother's (from a well, pumped fresh) tastes sweet, almost sugary.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I dunno...my apartment's tapwater tastes metally. The water at my grandmother's (from a well, pumped fresh) tastes sweet, almost sugary.

im telling you, its those damn mexicans.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Perhaps the only reason humans percieve water as being tasteless is because it is constantly present in our mouths, in the form of saliva.  Most biological processes, such as digestion, for example, take place unconsciously (meaning that we are unaware as it occurs).  Since saliva is always present in the mouth, perhaps humans have built a sort of immunity to it, making it one less process that requires concentration.  So, the question is, really, CAN WE TRUST OUR PERCEPTIONS?!?!  I'm going to bed now.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

My apartment's tapwater tastes like it has chlorine in it, so I don't drink it because generally I don't like drinking pool water.

Rep:
Level 92
The Return of Mandy
If anything you're tasting all the minerals in the water. Calcium, Fluoride, etc.

Where there are no gold stars, demerits, or infractions. <3

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I have never actually noticed a 'taste' in water. Hence why I always drink soda. Or when I was a raging lush, booze.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
If anything you're tasting all the minerals in the water. Calcium, Fluoride, etc.

Just like I said.
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Why has no one commented on my amazingly genius observation?

Rep:
Level 96
You have made an amazingly genius observation.

Now, would any of you guys mind telling me why Fluoride, which is and has been qualified as a lethal poison for quite some time now, is in our DRINKING water?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Theoretically nothing is poisonous. It's the quantity that makes it poisonous. Very small quantities are not dangerous. Theoretically drinking too much water can kill you. ::)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 04:58:08 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Consuming too much of anything will kill you.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Except for me, because I'm invincible.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
You must be Starman.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Only on fridays.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Thats my boy, to me, water has no taste, I can only feel it.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I can hear it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
man.....arrowhead must make BANK off of selling something that is needed to survive

Rep:
Level 96
When I drink water it screams "ahh! please don't kill me" and I laugh!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
how do we know what the flavour of "tasteless" is.... how do we know that "tasteless" is not infact a taste itself? huh?
how do you like that bacon baby.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
look, If god made water have taste...then some people would not like it..and since you need it to live PEOPLE WOULD DIE....dam that kida makes sense  ;D

Rep:
Level 97
I know people that do not like drinking water.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yea me too, but If it had flavor more people would not like it, some people would like it TOO much...

Rep:
Level 97
I know people who hate the way water tastes.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
hahhaah...wtf are you serious? what did they tell you?

Rep:
Level 97
They're idiots, it doesn't matter.  ;D

And it was more like... on person, so I was just being an ass, heh.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I still don't understand what any one means by 'taste in water' I have never noticed a taste in water. I just drank water an hour ago, and I still didn't notice a taste.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I just had a mouthfull and left in my mouth...
It does have a slight bitter taste if you realy concentrate on tryna find a taste.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Yeah, you DO taste the minerals in water.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Therefore it DOES Have a taste?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
PERCEPTION IS AN ILLUSION.  THE END IS UPON US.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
What is perception?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
An illusion.  Can't you read?

I kid.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
That was mean...  :-[

Rep:
Level 97
No it wasn't.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Your mean... :-[

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
Everything has a taste, even air!

The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Just some are stronger than others?

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...

The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
You people are crazy

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
OMg i just fell off my chair!!! Dr_Sword is back? how long has he been here? I havnt noticed you!
And im not crazy that is a lie

Rep:
Level 97
OMg i just fell off my chair!!! Dr_Sword is back? how long has he been here? I havnt noticed you!

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,9225.0.html

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Thank you HOTS.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Well, I still don't think water has a taste. If you guys think it does, then well... HUZZAH?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
milk>water>soda

thats me...

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Well this is me
Booze > Soda > Coffee

:tpg: I'm gonna get drunk ONE LAST TIME tommorow. Observe my tears of joy. Alchhol how I missed you, how I missed your loving sweet taste upon my lips, we shall have one last waltz of lust.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Vanilla chai tea > Pepsi > milk > water >>>>>>> coffee

Rep:
Level 96
Tea! I can't say I like Vanilla Chai, but I like that uh...(the name is kinda gay but it tastes really good.) Passion Tea. Kinda Tart, but sugary. I also like Green Tea.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Rum>beer>soda>water>coffee

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Rum is pretty nice :3

I'm english, so, like, telling foreign people that I hate coffee and despise tea is weird sometimes. :/
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
I agree that coffee sucks and tea kicks loads of ass.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Arlen is hot.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
tea...is OWNAGE..

ok again water...has no taste...when you taste somthing in it, then its not pure water

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
It does have a taste!!!! He didnt ask about pure water he simply asked about water!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
No... The greatest tasting substance on earth is Malt Liqour... But hey, I'll never taste it again so what the hell do i care?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Jägermeister.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I dont speak german... sooo What?

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Orange flavored super spider  mega vanilla choc supream milky creamy Awwsome'osaurus chocoly cof-----aaaaaaaa, with extra cream sucks mega phallus

damn 12 year olds conned my into buying one at a fate day for my old school
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Wonder if the S or the P of the E of the R of the M had any taste :=
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
I got a coffee once...hated it. I cannot stand the stuff.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I cant stand coffe unless its got a butt load of milk and a whole lotta sugar.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I cant stand coffe unless its got a butt load of milk and a whole lotta sugar.

starbucks?

Rep:
Level 97
Wonder if the S or the P of the E of the R of the M had any taste :=

Sperm is a protein, so it's salty. If you have a large diet of fruit and vegetables, it can be sweet though. >.<

Rep:
Level 96
I think it does have a taste... warm and cold water taste different...

If you have a large diet of fruit and vegetables, it can be sweet though

and you know this how?  :tpg:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
One of those random bits of information you know but have no idea where you picked it up from.

Most likely it's because one of the girls I was friends with in school was slutty.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I love those types of friends. They give you random facts about sex lol.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Random, usually unwanted facts.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Water in most 3rd world countries tatstes like Mud...

I think water tatste like Ice Cubes...LOL

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Ice cubes taste like metal.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Especially the ones hit by the Titanic...

Water tastes like metal too now that you mention it...

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Chocolate tastes like metal.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Yeah... Darn tooting it does...

Heck Metal tastes like Metal if you let it... my advice, don't let it... cover it in Jam...

But then again... Jam tastes like metal...

Hold on, Am I wearing Braces ?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
No, when you have braces, everything tastes like that glue/cement stuff that holds the braces on your teeth.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Oh... I must have Metal Taste Buds... I heard that can happen if you have too much Iron...LOL

Rep:
Level 97

I think this means you're about to have a stroke.  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
ohwell twas nice knowing you....

*more MANLY CRYING*

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneone
 :tpg:

Rep:
Level 96
I think air has a taste too..
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I think air has a taste too..

wtf are you smoking?

this needs to get back on topic or I see SPAM waiting in its future.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
air has a taste if you're smoking.  Cig smoke has a very pleasant taste actually.

Rep:
Level 89
Za Mullet With the Bullet ;o
GIAW 14: Participant
I think water tastes like whatever you imagine it to taste like. Or if you were about to have a stroke, had braces, or were a smoker. Or if you just brushed your teeth. Apparently, water tastes like water.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Yea perhaps water is a taste on its own!

Rep:
Level 96
perfectly clean clear water has no taste, but, the water we drink is not perfect and peer.  The things we do taste are things in the water, so in the end water really has no taste, it is the things in the water that give it a taste.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92

I think this means you're about to have a stroke.  :tpg:
LOL  Actually, I've heard from a lot of people that eating chocolate leaves them with a metallic aftertaste.

Rep:
Level 96
I think that this topic is just going to keep hitting the same points over and over, and should probably be locked.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yeah, probably.