RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[solved] how do you ID current battler?

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
How do you figure out the identity of your current battler, when they are in combat, and flashing? I've tried various titles like @game_battler, $game_party.actors[@actor_index], and so forth, but I'm not able to pinpoint what the computer is calculating as 'current active actor'.

Normally I would just select actor using a menu, but my current task requires me to only use the attributes of the current active character, similar to whoever is defending or using a skill.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:08:52 PM by shintashi »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
It's the variable @active_battler in the class Scene_Battle. @active_battler.id would show you the battler id.

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
It's the variable @active_battler in the class Scene_Battle. @active_battler.id would show you the battler id.

"@active_battler.id" always spits out the number 4, and "scene_battle.active_battler.id" produces an error. I need to be able to access "X" in $game_actors[X].weapon_id

edit: Solved. I had to go to the SDK III and add

Code: [Select]
$store = @active_battler.id
in  # * Go to Command Input for Next Actor

below line ~2628 that reads
Code: [Select]
      @active_battler.blink = true

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:02:39 PM by shintashi »