RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Problems needed to be solved(resolved)

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Ok, here are the questions:
1. How to show pictures and when you press something, it dissappears. This is for tutorials.

2. When I get an item, I have this common event that plays a ME. But when the player pressed, the message close and when the player is walking, part of the ME can be heard. And after the ME there is a short time then the bgm plays again. I want it to be when the message close, the ME stops. This one is kinda the same with question 1.

3. How to memorize your place? What if you have an item that calls up a common event. The common event will teleport you to a place. In that place, there is an autostart event. After the event finishes, I want the player to be teleported back into the same map as before using the item. How?

4. I enrypted my game. I already put the RTP in the folders. But when I play it on another computer that doesn't have RPGM XP installed, it says "RTP???" or something like that. And then then program closes. What am I doing wrong?

Thats it. Sorry if its too much and sorry for the bad english.
Thanks,
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:08:08 AM by magic2345 »
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
1. First use show picture command. Then setup a conditioanal branch and use "buttom imput"
Lets say you want A to shut it off

Conditional branch: Button imput: A
 - Erase Picture "_" < the Number of the picture

3. Can be done with a switchs or variables. DO you want him to telelport back to the MAP? or the EXACT place on the map?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Thanks! And I want him to teleport back to the same map he used the item at the EXACT PLACE.

Anybody know the answer to the other questions?

Thanks,
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You can stop an ME by using the Play ME command and have it set to play "None"

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Hey, thanks! I didn't know it could do that!

Now for the other problems...
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
for 4. is it just the question marks? or does it say something and is it immediate, before you can play, or is it mid-game? I am not entirely sure what it could be, as I've never shared a game. Something that might be a problem (though I am not sure) is if you don't import the resources through the game as well as copying RTP folder. Is there another question? Nouman got 1,3. I got 2.

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
The problem starts before the title! Do you really need to import it, or just copy paste? What I did was copy all the battlers in the graphics folder and music and then paste it to the my game's folders. Is there something wrong with that?

Another question, how to start another music if you're in a shop? I know I need to add something to the script...or something.

Thanks,
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
right click the map name, so right click the shop map, click map properties, then check the box for auto change BGM.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
I've never tried to share a game, that's just speculation, something you might want to try. Also, just so you know, you don't have to select each resource when importing, you can group import by left-click drag.

As for the shop: what Nouman said.

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
No, you got it all wrong. What I need was when you talk to the shop keeper, the shop scene is activated. And when it is you go to the buying stuff screen. When in that screen, I want it to play another bgm. How could I do that?

And again, sorry for the bad english and
Thanks,
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:

Rep:
Level 97
You could but a Play BGM event command right before the shop processing.

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Oh, right! I could do that! And I didn't even know I could group import!

Thanks for answering all the questions! I'll put resolved.
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress: