RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Toughest game you've ever played?

Rep:
Level 88
Dark Cloud 2 was pretty tough. A lot of dungeons with incredible monsters.

Devil May Cry 3 had a somewhat insane difficulty.

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
Hardest game hands down that took some time for me to adjust to was Ninja Gaiden on Xbox. The last bost was a complete joke though. I had no healing items by that point and kicked his ass with no problems. Definitely the hardest one I've played.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
The hardest game i've ever played??! Well i hate the last part in metroid prime 2 but i'd say its probably......That stupid poor ass men in black game for ps2, no matter how hard i tryed i couldn't get far. And Also Devil May Cry 3 had a couple hard parts...Like Agni And Rrudra and that one level with the gay ass kill every boss predictable capcom bullshit. That was a great game. I also own both the dark clouds, i never really got far in two, but im still at the last boss in the first one, i should beat it sometime. Meh.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
well....these are some:

1) Contra III: The Alien Wars (normal then you'll start again but in Hard)
2) Metroid Prime 2 (The last boss actually)
3) Blast Corp (something like that for the N64)
4) Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins (got my ass kicked like 30+ with Dracula)
5) Resident Evil 4 (Damm those Regenerator)
6) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (Nemesis, i hate him)

Is Dark CLoud 2 good? I have the first one and i like it actually...

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu

[Edit:] Upon further consideration, I could probably take on the whole game with just a couple of my characters. It's only insanley hard if you're trying to get all of the characters and keep everyone alive. >>;

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Resident evil 1... DAMN YOU CRIMSON HEADS!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
Hmmm... if MMO's count I'd have to say FFXI. Fun game but takes a lot of skill to do what ever job you play well. I've been playing for 2 years and I still can't time my utsusemi: ichi's (a ninjutsu that gives you 3 shadows to avoid the next 3 attacks) correctly.  ::)

but if MMO's don't count I'd have to say FFXII >_>; haven't beaten it yet. *shakes fist @ cid*
also I'll have to agree with Saucy on Breath of Fire V... A time limit 24/7 sucks... and needing items to save...

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Parasite Eve 1, no questions asked. Insanely hard and difficult.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'd have to make it a tie between Blaster Master (NES) and Vagrant Story (PSX). I've never been able to complete either of them.
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I say Diablo II, it's easy but it's so long it gets boring, and when it gets boring then it gets kinda tough.
Also WC3, because there is no strategy in it. All the computer does is start-> build barracks->attack
I mean ftw, for me, anything which is against me, or i can't conquer then the game sucks/it's tough.

but the wc3 campaign is OKAY.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
HMM... resident Evil 1-3 were very hard to me, 4 was WAY to easy.
Shin Megami Tensei (digital devil 1 and 2, that last one they made and lucifers call) loved the games, hard for me.

I am finding FF12 to be quite a challenge also, didnt think i would find another challenging ff game so soon, also the FF3 remake is slightly difficult.

And Vagrant story... that game is currently pwning my ass like i was a 4 year old boy and i had pedobear chasing me with a crowbar stuck 12 inches up my ass lit on fire... yeah, its hard for me

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I didn't find Vagrant Story too hard, Shin Megami Tensei is unbelievably hard though.

I also found Silent Hill hard... don't know why, but I always had troubles with it.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I say Diablo II, it's easy but it's so long it gets boring, and when it gets boring then it gets kinda tough.
Also WC3, because there is no strategy in it. All the computer does is start-> build barracks->attack
I mean ftw, for me, anything which is against me, or i can't conquer then the game sucks/it's tough.

but the wc3 campaign is OKAY.

WC3 is insanely easy, WCII is way harder..

How is Diablo II hard? I beat it on all modes and barely ever died, the game was so easy!

The hardest games for me....maybe:

Metroid Prime 2
Darked Skye (SKITTLES, not hard, but I had low health and no healing items)
Metal Slug 4 (was pretty hard...)
Final Fantasy IV (If I remember correctly, I had no healing items, low mana and two dead party members at the fire boss)
Super Turican (Man, this game is amazing!)
Time Splitters 2 (story mode on the harder modes and the arcade elite)
Civilizations IV (Not hard...but it's sooo long)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (It got really hard after a while)
Donkey Kong Country

I never really found too many games to be hard...but those might be them.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Resident Evil 1 on the PS1.   If you think the remake is hard, you never played the first one.  It takes like 30 bullets to kill the first zombies you see, and you get like 5 in the game!

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
i think metroid prime was tougher than the second one .... fucking pirate research lab :mad:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
i think metroid prime was tougher than the second one .... fucking pirate research lab :mad:

Totally. That thing was awful!

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Dead Or Alive 4, the Liquid Blue Girl thing

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
I might wanna add Sailor Moon:Another Story for SNES. Insanely hard, 1 level meant everything between life and death. Often you got stuck in one place and had to load from when you were in the beginning... thank god for save states. It's a real challenge.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
F-Zero GX.
The Grand Prix Chapter is nearly impossible.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
i take back my statement mp 1 was easy i just replayed through it and in only 5 hours im at the artifact temple

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
WTH you guys! What about Star Fox 64. :3

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Oh, yeah, Star Fox 64 was a bitch.

So was Master Quest, but not as hard.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
LoL Toally.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Master Quest? Zelda? never played it

oh i would like to add zone of the enders stupid bombs can blow me :P

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
OoT Master Quest

Rep:
Level 89
OoT Master Quest (is hard but since im good at puzzles)
Star Fox 64 (on Hard mode)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle IV: Turtles in Time on SNES
F-Zero GX (gotta beat ALL of the cup on easy, normal, hard, master to get the "Special Cup" and more cars and parts)
Metal Slug 3 (its long)
Metroid Prime 2

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
F-Zero GX (gotta beat ALL of the cup on easy, normal, hard, master to get the "Special Cup" and more cars and parts)
Metal Slug 3 (its long)
Metroid Prime 2

There was a hard mode?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Metal Slug 3 (its long)
Metroid Prime 2

There was a hard mode?

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
I Remember beating star fox 64, when i was like 8 in around 15-30 mins. I got my mom to time me. LoL i havn't seen that game in years.

Rep:
Level 87
Lufia II. The difficulty was actually pretty easy, but the ancient dungeon was sooo hard.

Rep:
Level 89
There was a hard mode?

yes, to unlock it, you must get a metal on all of the levels, to do that ytou must kill a number of enemies like on Corneria is 150 hits,and yuo will unlock the hard mode and a music player.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
There was a hard mode?

yes, to unlock it, you must get a metal on all of the levels, to do that ytou must kill a number of enemies like on Corneria is 150 hits,and yuo will unlock the hard mode and a music player.

Wow never knew.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Parasite Eve 1, no questions asked. Insanely hard and difficult.
I absolutely wrecked that game. :)

My vote for hardest would have to be Final Fantasy V.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
The first Doom, that game never ended.  To this day I don't beleive anyone has ever finished it without God mode.

I've beaten every Final Fantasy (Y)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
The first Doom, that game never ended.  To this day I don't beleive anyone has ever finished it without God mode.

66 levels I think.
I got pretty far, but gave up because I got bored.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009

I agree, I had to train outside for hours just to get past a boss, even when the dungeon was easy.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

I agree, I had to train outside for hours just to get past a boss, even when the dungeon was easy.

Which one dungeon? Is that the one with the class changing or the...I forgot, I get IV and V mixed up.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Metal Slug is so fucking impossible when you don't have infinite lives.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Evo : search for eden was hard without codes :-\

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Seriously? I thought it was easy, the only part that I thought was hard was the prehistoric age.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
it was just hard for me i dont know about u i couldn't beat the last boss without codes
and or the mountain were u become a bird

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Tales of phantasia is a bitch.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess

Not with the right usage of gameshark and cheatz- otherwise it's a bitch.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
im a newb to the series, but so far even MMZX is challenging. Not as hard as DMC3 though...

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
mhm ;9

edit: fucks like a tiger, though LOL IF YOU GET THAT JOKE

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Mega Man 1-6.  2 being the easiest of the lost for me. Other than that I found them all equally hard -.-

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Metroid Prime 2 (I was near done, memory card got erased)
Devil May Cry 3 (Although I am a master at every difficulty level)
F.E.A.R. (FEAR got really hard at the end.)
Diablo II: LoD (Only on Hardcore Difficulty)
The remake of Resident Evil (For some odd reason, I really cant beat Tyrant, the rocket launcher doesn't appear.)
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I take back tales of phantasia being hard, I just farmed for 2 hours, and am like 10 levels higher than I should be, and have way too much money.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

That's a joke, right?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Star Fox Adventures is a bitch.I could never get past The Test Of Strength.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 08:37:08 PM by Dr_Swordopolis »

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
The first resident evil, i got it on the DS and couldn't find this stupid book -_- so i sold it.
 Also am i the only on that finds metal slugs quite easy, the only hard one is slug advance.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

That's a joke, right?
Well, I never play as a "Super-Character" that everyone tries to do with like "24025 Gm MM ARMR 5036926" something or other. I probably never play like the character should like I have an assasain that uses swords and passive magic. Harder to do than an assasain with blades and traps.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

That's a joke, right?
Well, I never play as a "Super-Character" that everyone tries to do with like "24025 Gm MM ARMR 5036926" something or other. I probably never play like the character should like I have an assassin that uses swords and passive magic. Harder to do than an assassin with blades and traps.

I played through the game a few times on all settings, with a necromancer. He rocked.

Rep:
Level 88
Diablo 2 was pretty tough indeed. Well, to me it was.

Rep:
Level 98
/\ Never seen that guy before.

Yeah, D2 is tough when your being stormed by minions fighting Baal on Hell Difficulty with a Hardcore Character.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
/\ Never seen that guy before.

Yeah, D2 is tough when your being stormed by minions fighting Baal on Hell Difficulty with a Hardcore Character.

Nope, it was super easy. I had a level 78 Necromancer, which seemed to be pretty under leveled from what I've read, and I did just fine.

Rep:
Level 98
Yes, but Necros and LightSorcs are the easiest to do. And Assasins with traps, those can be pretty easy too.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I believe the toughest game I've played was Top Gun for Nintendo. (Yes, the good old NES)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
sorcs are way overpowered, and everybody pays them. It's pretty annoying, actually. I never played hardcore...Dont like the idea of high stakes :P

D2 was pretty easy though...*shrug*

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
MOTHERFUCKING BIBLE ADVENTURES!

Rep:
Level 98
LOL @ Bible Adventures. Who plays that anymore?

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I saw that at an EB games like last weekend, I would have bought it, but I asked, and you never get to punch jesus.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
FUCKING MOSES! DAMN SPIDERS! AWW MAN!

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
My above comment is taken back by, FUCKING METROID!

The nes one is soo hard >_<

Rep:
Level 98
I can beat that in like, 10 minutes. The map isn't as big as you think it looks like. It is REALLY REALLY small, is it just that your getting lost because you don't know where everything is?

Rep:
Level 87
OMFG look!! Text! :D
I have to agree with Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter.

Insanely hard to go through without busting your Dragon Meter thingy. I never used it last time i played and it took hell of a time to go through bosses.

Thing is, if you have power in that game but you're tempted to use but can't because you die if you rech critical limit, then why have it at all? Why didn't they make Dragon Quarter with the same Dragon system they used in BoF3? Just mix 3 essences and get behemoth lol.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Yeah by the time i got into gaming, SNES was in its prime. So i kicked ass at super metroid and whatnot.

Super Metroid is better.

Devil May Cry on Dante Must Die difficulty.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Convert to Maskology or I'll throw orphans at you!
The games Super Ghouls and Goblins and Megaman Zero were impossibly hard, hard can anyone beat them without use a billion save states!?
Why Mario kicks ass:

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
The games Super Ghouls and Goblins and Megaman Zero were impossibly hard, hard can anyone beat them without use a billion save states!?

I beat megaman zero. It was a bitch

Rep:
Level 89

ya, i remeber beatin Ghost and Goblin....sheesh, was HARD!!  :mad:

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Try beating the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GCN,
HARD AS H*LL :mad:

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Try beating the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GCN,
HARD AS H*LL :mad:

You don't need to beat it to unlock shit eh?

Just get to the ending stages, and it coutns it as a win. Thank god for passwrods on the old games.