RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK Fitness Month

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Welcome to RMRK's first annual fitness month, hosted by Acolyte! What is this you ask? Well, for a while I've been trying to get into shape, and I've realized that it's easier to keep fitness goals when you see others keeping goals as well. I know that there are other RMRK'ers that are also trying to meet their own fitness goals. So I thought it would be a cool idea for a sort of fitness "contest" of sorts to get us all a bit more motivated.

Basically you set your own daily exercise and/or diet goal, and try to meet that goal each day for the month of April. Anybody that does this will get a shiny reward icon! Of course, this is all on the honor system. We have no way of actually checking if you met your goals or not, but the real reward here is obviously being a fitter, healthier person.

So go ahead and leave a post here if you'd like to join in!

List of Participants:
1. Acolyte
2. NAMKCOR
3. LadyJ
4. Zylos
5. Arlen
6. DnP3
7. Holkeye
8. crow5derlock
9. Yuyubabe
10. Anski
11. <leave a post to join!>

Q and A:

What kind of goal should I set?:
That's entirely up to you. Not everybody can run a mile every day, and not everyone has the time to count calories. www.myfitnesspal.com is a tool that you can use to formulate a diet and exercise plan to suit your needs. You can also use it to keep track of your daily progress.

Do I have to wait until April 1st to start?
Not at all! You can take this extra week to start warming up and trying out your plan. You can make adjustments to it if you think it is too much or too little effort.

What if I don't make my goal for the day?:
Don't stress over missing a day or two, just try to get back on track. The only way you can lose is if you completely give up. Don't get discouraged. If your goal is a bit too high, it's okay to make adjustments.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:54:38 PM by Acolyte »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'm totally in.

Goal: I want to lose 1.5lbs to 2lbs a week each week.

also award?:
...it's supposed to be a scale.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I think it looks great.  :aco:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Count me in!  My plan is to lose 1-2lbs per week. I would love to lose 2, but if I can lose 1 I'll be content. 

Goals:
1) Lose 1-2lbs per week
2) Exercise at least 20 min per day
3) Drink 2 glasses of water per day.  I suck at my water consumption, gotta start somewhere!
4) Avoid sodas. 
5) Stay under my calorie goal for the day.

I'm technically already working on these but I've been sucking lately. So if I can do them, I'll be happy. And Lord knows I need accountability! This is a fabulous idea Acolyte, thanks :ladyj:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yay LadyJ!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
...my goal is to GAIN 1-2 lbs per week, preferably in body tone rather than fat but I'll take what I can get. I only weigh like 135-140 when I should be something around 150-160 if I recall right. My odd problem is that my metabolism is unusually quick to burn off everything, ironically meaning that I lose weight a lot quicker than I actually gain weight. Combine that with a physically demanding job, and you get a surprisingly underweight "stick folf" as I'm often called. T_T

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I'm in. The only goal I want to reach isn't really a "lose X pounds" goal, it's more of a "get my lazy ass up early at least 3 times a week to run 2 miles" goal.

Oh, but I do want to avoid eating out every day for lunch, and that'll help me lose weight, too, so let's make that a goal as well.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:38:14 PM by Dr_Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
...my goal is to GAIN 1-2 lbs per week, preferably in body tone rather than fat but I'll take what I can get. I only weigh like 135-140 when I should be something around 150-160 if I recall right. My odd problem is that my metabolism is unusually quick to burn off everything, ironically meaning that I lose weight a lot quicker than I actually gain weight. Combine that with a physically demanding job, and you get a surprisingly underweight "stick folf" as I'm often called. T_T

Then go for it!  It's Fitness month and that sooo qualifies.  Eat more, hit the gym, etc...

I'm in. The only goal I want to reach isn't really a "lose X pounds" goal, it's more of a "get my lazy ass up early at least 3 times a week to run 2 miles" goal.

Oh, but I do want to avoid eating out every day for lunch, and that'll help me lose weight, too, so let's make that a goal as well.

Ditto for you.

Manageable goals are key \(:])/

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

I feel for you. For the longest time I had no sympathy for people who had trouble gaining weight. My mama was one of those people. She's always been tiny.  I remember picking on her about it so many times.  "wah wah you can't gain weight"  But then I was actually around her enough to see her really trying. Eating three meals a day is hard for her because she just isn't used to it.  After seeing her struggle to gain weight and be just as disappointed as I was when I couldn't lose, I have a new found respect for that struggle. So good on you and good luck for your goals as well!

And I'm with NAMKKCOR. It doesn't have to be weight loss goals. Any goal  you have that helps you get fit is a fitness goal.  And who better to cheer you on than your friends? :aco:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I'm in. I guess my goal is just to walk more.
My School is close to a 40 minute walk from the Train Station and I normally catch a tram.
Walking there and back for each of the three days I go there a week seems manageable enough for me ;8

Another goal would be more homemade lunches, since I seem to just buy fast-food from the many local shops while I'm there.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, fast-food lunches will either kill your health, or your wallet. Or in most cases, both. I've managed to eat healthy alternatives at fast-food places when I eat out for lunch, but it's still too big of a hit on my wallet to keep living like that.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

That's a fine goal to have. Are you going to focus on incorporating more exercise, or modifying your diet?

I was originally going to say "don't make a Lose X amount goal", because (imo) it's a lot better to set small daily goals for yourself. But if that's how some people want to do it, that's fine too.

It's great to see so many people on board already. I believe in you guys. :ladyj:

(Something that I like to do is put a little star on the calendar every day I meet my goal. It might be a little silly, but I think it helps motivate me a bit. For further motivation, you could even give yourself a small reward at the end of each week, like renting a movie or going to the park or something. Obviously you want to try and avoid a food reward *unless you're like zylos and it doesn't matter all that much :V*)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Actually, it's super good to "cheat" once a week if you're watching your intake.  Last fall when I had started I'd give myself one off day a week, where I'd eat whatever I wanted to.  I usually used this as an occasion to go out for something.

Still managed to lose ~2lbs a week ( which is at the upper end of healthy loss ).

It helps you keep your willpower together, because you'll know at least one day of the week you can relax and eat comfort food or something.  Not only that, but it's all about motivation and moderation.  It's hard to keep motivated if you're tempted by all of your favorite unhealthy foods, and don't let yourself chill once in a while.

This is advice from a dietician, btw.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I think a certain british admin needs to think about doing this...
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
3.5 miles x 5 days/week
Lifting x 4 days/week

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I don't know what your lifting routine is, but I had that schedule and I could not keep it up. So props to you.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I wore one of those pedometer things to work one day and clocked myself at around 8 miles for shorter shift for all the walking and moving I had to do, and that's not including all of the heavy lifting I'm asked to do. Short of paying to go to a gym for more specific exercise machines, I don't think working out will really matter much to me as much as just changes to a diet. What you intake seems far more important than what you do about it afterward.

/layman's perspective

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I'm assuming you have the same body type/metabolism that I do. I've always been frozen at 120lbs even while eating tons and working construction. Once I started an actual weight lifting routine the changes were pretty fast, I shot up to 135 within a month. I am definitely not saying that diet isn't important either, what you eat goes a lot further than how much you weigh and you should pay attention to that regardless. But don't underestimate weightlifting whether you're trying to gain pounds or lose them.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
So you want us all healthy now? Then i'll try this...

Goal:
First week gain 5lbs (I'm too skinny).
Second week lose 3lbs to excersize.
Repeatfor the rest of the month.

Edit: Oh and drink at least a gallon of water a day.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:41:44 PM by crow5derlock »
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I'll join this. I need to start running to improve my already fucked up heart so I don't have another heart attack.

A mile a day keeps the doctor at a safe enough distance to barricade the doors and prepare the spearmen.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I'm assuming you have the same body type/metabolism that I do. I've always been frozen at 120lbs even while eating tons and working construction. Once I started an actual weight lifting routine the changes were pretty fast, I shot up to 135 within a month. I am definitely not saying that diet isn't important either, what you eat goes a lot further than how much you weigh and you should pay attention to that regardless. But don't underestimate weightlifting whether you're trying to gain pounds or lose them.

Huh. Maybe I'll give it a try then, see what comes of it. We have a lot of weights, barbells, and old punching bags tucked away in our backroom, so perhaps I'll try setting those up again to see if I can't build up any change in a month's time too.

Rep:
Level 96
I didn't run today because, while it was 65 degrees and sunny this weekend, there was 3 inches of snow on the ground this morning.

Real sick of this weather.

I DID run this weekend, though. When it was nice.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
BE A MAN, ARLEN. RUN IN THE EFFING SNOW. :mad:

Rep:
Level 94
Days not over yet!

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Do it

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore

I would try if there weren't 2 and a half feet of snow on the ground here. Again i say I would try, but 3 inches would be more preferable up here...

Key thing here being me, saying that's what i would do, but in another sense i agree with Zylos, Man up, or you can visit me and run in the snow up here, take your pick!

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
>makes excuses about why he can't do something
>tells someone else to 'man up'

This thread is for encouragement. Zylos has been around long enough that I'm sure Arlen knew he was joking. You haven't.  Encourage or :rgtfo:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
This fitness month thing is a really neat idea. :B I'll try my best to give it a shot. Of course, I'll need to prepare for the damage that will come with the vacation coming up next week. ;9

My weight mostly went up mid last year from a lack of doing anything (i.e. being on the internet and sitting around playing/making games).
My goal isn't necessarily to count the numbers I lose. I want the differences to show up in looks mostly. ;o; My plan is to go back to the Pilates I did every night years ago, and tone up a bit. :B I'm also going to try and drink more water, instead of soda and sweet tea (this one is going to be tough for me, because I like the energy boost soda gives me at work). B(

In a lot of cases, I think cutting back on what you drink is even more important than cutting back on what you eat, though. :B
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm down to 210lbs ;]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
YOU GO GIRL!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Oh, I forgot to post my goal. I want to do at least 30 minutes of exercise per day, and limit myself to drinking mostly water, if not only water.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I'm down to 210lbs ;]

Wooo!! B) You got this!

Oh, I forgot to post my goal. I want to do at least 30 minutes of exercise per day, and limit myself to drinking mostly water, if not only water.

There's a lot of cool water flavor squirt thingies that you can add to water and make it taste great. :D I forget what they're called exactly, but they *should* all have 0 calories. :>
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I did great with my goals today. I'm proud of me :)  Now I just need to do this every day o.o

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
No soda, not a problem, get mio energy, it's healthier and makes water taste good too. but the energy ones only have 2 flavors. also if you have fancy tall square glasses you can use one of the flavors (I forgot which one) to make a blue drink and act like your in the world of Tron.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I believe you mean star trek, sir.

Rep:
Level 96
Haha, just not saw all those replies.

I ran two times this week. Close to my "at least 3 times" goal, but I think it's a better idea for me to start slow.

... I get shin splints easily. And blisters (I need new shoes). Also, god damn my calves hurt.

But hey! I discovered that running right after work is a much better time for me. My girlfriend isn't even home yet, so I've got nothing better to do.

Rep:
Level 94
I hit my goal of 180 today.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
I believe you mean star trek, sir.
Spoiler for:

I meant what i said, and i said what i meant. And i never payed much attention to the drinks in star trek so i didn't know they had them.

Edit:Or you could simply take a nontoxic blue highlighter, open it, and put the ink and some clear flavoring into your water. then under a black-light it glows, it tastes good, and it's safe to drink. We did this for a science experiment in 7th grade, i forgot what for though.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:02:29 AM by crow5derlock »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You only get that awesome tangy taste with the toxic highlighters though.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
While that Daft Punk music video was entertaining, I don't consider it "Tron".

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
In the last 2 days I met 4 of my 5 goals.  Mostly because I caught that wretched stomach virus and could keep nothing down over the weekend. But it counts :mad:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
MOAR GOALS

Set them now.

Rep:
Level 96
I ran today. I may run tomorrow, too. I'm actually noticing that I'm making it farther and farther without stopping, and my legs/blisters are getting better / more resilient. So I may go for two in a row.

Now if only I can stop eating so much, and stop myself from thinking "oh, I ran today, I can have that." :\ 

Rep:
Level 94
My new goal is more lifting, less cardio.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I've been meeting my water goal pretty well. Had a soda from burger king the other day, but other than that I've been good. Only exercised 20 minutes today and yesterday though.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Still trying to gain a few pounds, i need to check with a scale and i definitely need to find more food to help gain that weight.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I haven't eaten anything for a few days, I don't feel sick or anything and could probably eat something, but I've had no craving to eat (so I haven't)... Should I be worried?
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm going to start going to the gym again tomorrow.  On my remote days from work I'll go and do cardio for 30m or so.

I've been eating ok, but didn't much care yesterday because I had to drive Tom to the airport.  So I'll make up for it the rest of the week.

Rep:
Level 98
I've been running across campus overnight often, for about 10m each before my heart feels like it's going to explode.

Rep:
Level 96
I haven't eaten anything for a few days, I don't feel sick or anything and could probably eat something, but I've had no craving to eat (so I haven't)... Should I be worried?
Not eating is always bad. Even if you're trying to loose weight, starving yourself just puts your body in "oh god I'm starving" mode, and that mode actually prevents weight loss, as your body retains MORE fat so it can survive longer with less food.

So yeah, eat something. Eat something healthy, but always eat something.

Rep:
Level 94
Not eating doesn't help.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Yeah, that'll just make your metabolic rate drop. The best practice is to eat several small meals/snacks throughout the day, so your body is constantly metabolizing food.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I'm not starving myself purposefully, I mean that I've literally had no craving to eat for something close to 53 hours now :-\ (unless I've been sleep-eating which would mean I couldn't give an honest answer) :-[

Rep:
Level 98
Just go purposefully eat something, please. The lack of craving doesn't mean you don't have to eat.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
My mom can go days without wanting to eat. It isn't about whether or not you want to eat, it's about the fact that you know your body needs it.  Never use a lack of desire as an excuse not to eat. 

I am considering today my cheat day since I had pizza for dinner and that crap is freaking high in calories. I did good on my water consumption and exercise though, so that's something ^_^

Rep:
Level 96
Didn't run yesterday, but I did a 30 minute cardio workout from a video instead. It was too cold out. That's the excuse I told myself, but I tricked myself in to working out anyway.

Today might be my cheat day, too. I may go to Wendy's and get a salad, and a frosty for lunch.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
If I ever visited America I'd wanna go to a Wendy's
bringing sexy back

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
My mom can go days without wanting to eat. It isn't about whether or not you want to eat, it's about the fact that you know your body needs it.  Never use a lack of desire as an excuse not to eat. 
Ahh ok, so it's normal? that's what had me worried.
Anyway done :)

Didn't run yesterday, but I did a 30 minute cardio workout from a video instead. It was too cold out. That's the excuse I told myself, but I tricked myself in to working out anyway.
Good man

I can't meet my current goals due to school holidays, however in light of that I've decided to walk my dog around places. Instead of going by minutes I decided to count my steps and stop doing the activity when I hit 10000 steps (it surprisingly takes quite a long time). My dog being very old on the other hand doesn't wanna keep walking after we hit close to 4000. It really dampers the exercise when the enthusiastic one is the one who's begging to go home :/

Rep:
Level 97
Wendy's is bottom tier fast food. Go find something like Whataburger or Carls Jr

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Wendy's is bottom tier fast food. Go find something like Whataburger or Carls Jr
Arby's! They have fast and healthy food... well it's healthier than most of the competition.
I've been drinking a lot of water, my bathroom schedule is beginning to cut into my work and school schedule, I'm still not sure on my  weight, i have to go digging in the attic for the scale, or find batteries for the Wii fit board.

Rep:
Level 97
Arby's is even worse than Wendy's, and it's in no way healthy.
Leave being fat to us amerikkkans, we do it much better.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Whataburger

^ yes!

Except, isn't whataburger only in TX? Or did it spread to some other states, too?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 94

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I'm a little late, but coincidentally enough, I have been working out some since the first. I've mainly been weightlifting, something I haven't done since P.E. in high school. I wouldn't say I have any particular goal aside from simply putting on some weight.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 96
A&W, Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, and Subway are all on the exact same level. Don't lie to yourself.

Arby's is only slightly better because it has curly fries, AND sandwiches that actually use deli meat.

Rep:
Level 94
Arby's is gross.

Rep:
Level 97
For real, I'd rather eat McDonalds and Wendys before Arbys.
Most of the fast food I eat nowadays though are semi-local mexican places like Taco Cabana/Bueno

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I wish we had Chick-fil-A :(

Rep:
Level 98
chickfila is grease chicken city

fucking gross biting into a chicken nugget and you get a pocket of oil in your mouth

Rep:
Level 98
plus rabble rabble homophobia anti gay etc etc

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I find it ironic that a place that promotes the consumption of cocks blatantly states that you better not enjoy it or else.

Rep:
Level 97
They're really not anti-gay apart from things the owner has said and misguided customers. Plus it's fucking delicious.

Spoiler for:
I'm trying to ruin all of your fitness goals by talking about fast food constantly

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
It's not working.  But keep trying!  lol :) 

Counting calories is driving me nuts. I've been counting them for four months now and frankly I'm just sick of it. And if nothing else I now know what a serving size looks like. So I'm revamping my goals a bit.  I'm sticking with the water consumption and exercise goals.  Those are the least I should be doing daily. But my goal now is to just eat real food. I'm trying to avoid processed foods and sweets.  I have the world's largest sweet tooth and no willpower. So if I can avoid the junk food and eat more fruits, vegetables, and such then I think I'll be ok.

To that end I've been cooking every day this week.  Three meals a day.  I'm ok with it so far. But I know it's gonna annoy me later in the month. Thinking about freezing a few meals so that when those days come where I just DO NOT want to cook I have a back up.

Rep:
Level 98
They're really not anti-gay apart from things the owner has said and misguided customers. Plus it's fucking delicious.

Spoiler for:
I'm trying to ruin all of your fitness goals by talking about fast food constantly

yeah, a friend of mine works as a manager and his mom is like, regional manager of chickfila in north Texas, and he's met the owners. The whole company isn't anti gay, just them.

it's funny because my friend is gay and still works there

Rep:
Level 94
Well, they do donate money to anti-gay causes, so it's a little more than that, but whatevs.

Edit - Scratch that, it appears that they stopped doing this. Fact checking, right guys?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:20:31 PM by Holkeye »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Well, they do donate money to anti-gay causes, so it's a little more than that, but whatevs.

Edit - Scratch that, it appears that they stopped doing this. Fact checking, right guys?

recently, they supposedly have not stopped, but who gives a damn.

Rep:
Level 96
I ran yesterday, and then did a quick workout video thing.

I wanted to do something today, but not run, so I borrowed my girlfriend's bike and went for a 50-minute ride around the neighborhood. We have some pretty violent hills around here, but man, my girlfriend's bike really sucks. She only got it about 2 years ago, and I understand why she never uses it. It weighs a ton, gears don't switch well, and going uphill is a goddamn nightmare.

I think, once I get my tax return, I'm going to spend it on one of these: http://www.afterschool.com/p/diamondback-mens-2012-wildwood-classic-sport-comfort-bike-17-frame-492763?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_as&utm_term=FPS-39614&utm_campaign=GoogleAW&CAWELAID=1602910168&utm_content=pla&adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

good god that's a huge link

The description makes it sound like a bike for 40 year olds. :\ I just want something with light with compact gears, and the ability to handle roads, sidewalks, and the occasional nightmare of a bike trail well. Also, not spending $500+ is nice.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty damn good. I can actually see a difference of how much weight I've already lost. Either that, or exercising is just putting me in a better mood, as it tends to do.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:25:46 AM by Dr_Arlen »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
You go Arlen!

I'll be honest I've flopped.  bleh. 

[insert every excuse in the book here]

;9

Rep:
Level 94
This is me a few years ago, when I was at my heaviest. I was also a smoker. :/

This is me 5 minutes ago.

I'm happier now, lol

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Stone Cold Holk Austin
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
LOL where's malson we've got another photoshop opportunity

Rep:
Level 96
You go Arlen!

I'll be honest I've flopped.  bleh. 

[insert every excuse in the book here]

;9

Hey! You can come back from anything! I've flopped over and over again, a bunch of times over the last 7 years. So what, it happens. Doesn't mean you should stop trying, and it doesn't mean you can't keep trying! So keep at it!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'll make a late entry, even though it's something I've been doing for a while now. Running a mile every day and keeping myself from overeating.

I don't really have any goals to set because I don't really think I need to lose weight. I've already gained a lot more muscle mass in the past few years than I ever had before, and my only real flaw is midsection chub that I don't think is ever going to go away because I'm probably genetically predisposed to it. So I'm just going to give myself better cardio ability.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:32:54 PM by Malson »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Thanks Arlen  :)   I actually needed that encouragement. Today will be a better day!   (taking this one day at a time lol)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Sidenote: "One day at a time" was my father's AA group slogan, and he has it bumper-stickered on his car and hung on signs in the house to remind himself. It used to be his desktop wallpaper as well. Dunno if it's totally relevant, but it might help someone along the way.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
It's helped me feel a bit better. I've also been kinda slacking for various reasons. ._.

(it doesn't help that strike is constantly bringing home cookies and shit :mad:)

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
GOD STRIKE STOP THAT!

I can so understand that. My kids do the same thing.   I'm doing pretty well. I'm actually doing one little challenge per week to try and hit my goal of eating real food.  This week is to eat 2 servings of fruits or veggies with EVERY meal.   I did that anyways with breakfast and dinner. But not lunch. So I'm doing that. And I've been walking every day. It's been so pretty out!   I'm gonna whip this yet!  lol :ladyj:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Damn it Strike, get fat on your own time :mad:
Yeah, I can talk
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Yeah, I've already failed my own challenge, I couldn't even find the weights I know we have around somewhere and there's just too much other crap going on in my life to really care much about gaining weight. Good luck to everyone else though.  ;9

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Water: Yes, I've been getting lots and lots of water.
Weight: no, My body is actually losing weight from everything I've been eating. Which is making me question things a bit. I don't want to starve myself then eat a heap lode to gain weight. But i'm losing weight the more i eat... So i'm kinda stuck, Any suggestions?

Rep:
Level 94
Lift weights

Rep:
Level 96
I got this bike instead. http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/sport/3_series/3500/#

More than I wanted to spend, but I just went for a 1 hour ride on some very steep, hilly roads, and even through some dirt/gravel trails and I absolutely love it.

And that means I met my goal! 3 exercises in one week!

Having the bike will make this easier, because I've always loved riding a bike more than running.

Also, there's something else that's going to help keep me motivated. Something that will help me commit to running more often.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/25202968

Rep:
Level 98
I went running last night and felt like I was going to die about five minutes in. Over the past couple of weeks i've had heart/chest pain. Goin' to the doctor monday.

Rep:
Level 97
Sounds like you've got asthma.
Also if anyone is doing pure cardio, check out Insanity (but don't waste money on it.) It's pretty silly but if you stick with it you'll definitely see results.
It also throws some yoga into the workouts which is always good.

Rep:
Level 98
It's not asthma, I have heart disease.

Rep:
Level 98
I need to start running to improve my already fucked up heart so I don't have another heart attack.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I hope you are ok, until then, be careful!  ;_;  <3

Rep:
Level 96
Went for a bike ride. 14.5 miles in about 75 minutes. Felt absolutely amazing.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
At the end of the month, I demand to have a shirtless photo shoot of all those allowed to take their shirts off for photos, just to see how much ab definition there is compared to before.

Rep:
Level 97
Spoiler for ok:

I'm super skinny though so I don't count.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
lol, I don't think I've ever had any sort of ab definition.

Rep:
Level 96
Ab definition is for losers. I mostly want a.) to trim down, and 2.) get mad stamina. Because now that I've moved to a state where it's actually SUNNY most days, I've discovered that I actually LOVE being outside. And I enjoy running, but I absolutely love riding my bike for hours at a time.

Also, if we end up getting approved to adopt that collie mix I mentioned in my last post THAT NOBODY COMMENTED ON EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS AN ADORABLE PICTURE I'm going to need that stamina to exhaust the cute little monster and prevent her from destroying my apartment.

Rep:
Level 96
MAYBE THIS VIDEO WILL GET YOUR ATTENTION

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VwfodPU0WQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VwfodPU0WQ</a>

LOL look at the end where she's like PLAY WITH ME PLAY WITH ME hey why aren't you playing with me? alright screw you then bye.

I really want this dog. :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 12:40:23 AM by Dr_Arlen »

Rep:
Level 98
god border collies are literally perpetual motion machines

Rep:
Level 96
I know, I grew up with one.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Dang, you have to get approved to adopt a pet?   Heck come on down to SC.  If you find one you like you can take it home TODAY lol

Good luck to you on the adoption, and have fun when you get her :ladyj:

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, the process is a little ridiculous. I'm glad they do it, in the end, but actually having to ask us "How long have you two been together? 5 years? Okay, who will keep the dog if you split up? Are you gonna have kids any time in the next 5 years?"

They actually asked "What if you have kids that are allergic, what will you do?" And the answer they were looking for was "make our kids get horrible allergy shots every month instead of finding a better home for the dog."

yeesh

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
They actually asked "What if you have kids that are allergic, what will you do?" And the answer they were looking for was "make our kids get horrible allergy shots every month instead of finding a better home for the dog."

yeesh

-wow-

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I second that ^

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I mostly agree, but to be a devil's advocate, would you want people adopting orphan human kids without a load of questions to see whether they're actually up to the task of taking care of the kid? Lots of people just up and adopt a dog only to abuse/neglect it because it was a spur of the moment "I WANT A DOG!" kind of thing that they very quickly grow out of, and that's not counting the people who actively seek to get an animal for more nefarious reasons. So it's kinda understandable for some places to go out of the way to make sure that the animal will be well taken care of, even if they are ridiculous with their approval questions and requirements.

In other news, Dr_Sword has tight abs.  :drsword:

Rep:
Level 96
I agree with you, Zylos, which is why the other 49 questions in the interview didn't bother me as much.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Mom isn't doing well. I ate half a bag of Ruffles and half a jar of dip.   Drank two large glasses of pepsi. Realized once again that junk food is my drug of choice. I need to go back to my OA meetings.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rep:
Level 96
We didn't get the dog we wanted. They want her to go to a home with a fenced in yard, and another dog.

So I guess they're just going to keep her in a foster care place indefinitely until that happens, then, because I know nobody else was trying to adopt her at the time.

Whatever. I guess I saw it coming, the people at the adoption event definitely had that "creepy, PETA" kind of "I LOVE ANIMALS" vibe to them. I get the feeling they turn a lot of people down. The dog we wanted has been without a home for about 1 year already.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Rep:
Level 98
Snooty Dog Club of the Year Award goes to...

You should poke around some more normal type pounds and see the dogs there.

In other news I've still been running and I haven't gone to the doctor yet.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
GO TO THE DOCTOR!

Sorry about that Arlen, that is a bunch of poo

Rep:
Level 96
So, to try to keep everyone on point.

Last week I broke my goal. I exercised 4 times. 2 (or was it 3?) of those times were 14-15 mile bike rides.

This week I did not meet my goal. Only 2 exercises, 1 14 mile ride and just now I went for a 16 mile ride.

I guess I'm losing some weight, but it doesn't feel like much to me. But that's okay, because I do feel a lot better now that I'm getting outside, and being more active.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I also lost some weight this month. I fail. ;-;

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I got off track for quite some time, but I'm getting better with it. Been paying more attention to my diet and stuff. Haven't lost any weight, but I think I've lost a bit around the waist.