RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feminism

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Spoiler for:
Feminists can't change anything.

This is the first time anything on the internet has made me burst out laughing in a long time.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I know you probably didn't mean it as such, but I found that rather offensive.

Of course I didn't. I've already said that the idea of Feminism is stupid. I'll treat human beings like human beings, and if that isn't good enough for someone, then they can get stuffed.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Now I hate feminism

because a thread about it challenged the friendship threeofspades and I share

fuck this thread :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Maybe there's a distinction to be made between feminism and women's rights. I never really considered that.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I don't think that makes any sense.

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
"I'm the finger fucker" -Tre Cool
2013 Best Newbie2012 Most Missed Member2012 Best Writer
I know, we had a misunderstanding... and we let it get out of hand. And Letherface is right... This needs to be thrown in the sewers now...

And I am sorry for this topic being destroyed and taken way to far off what it was intended to be...

It's a good year when you win an award and give a name to a beer. But you have to make up a sex position to complete it. That would be the Bullwinkle.
     -Tre Cool

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Maybe there's a distinction to be made between feminism and women's rights. I never really considered that.

Wow please tell me you're joking. I have a feeling that you are. But regardless, of course there is. Women rights as an idea could easily exist without feminism, because feminism only exists to support womans rights (which was their original goal, they weren't created with total equality in mind and I think thats part of the problem). I'm too tired to talk properly at this point anyway.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:02:29 PM by Queen Gracie »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I know you probably didn't mean it as such, but I found that rather offensive.

Of course I didn't. I've already said that the idea of Feminism is stupid. I'll treat human beings like human beings, and if that isn't good enough for someone, then they can get stuffed.

The idea of feminism is to strive towards equality for both sexes. Equal wages and opportunities, things like that. Like I said, there are plenty of people who go the whole "men are evil and are beneath us bluh bluh" route, but that isn't really feminism. Saying you think feminism is stupid is basically saying you think striving for equality is stupid.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I don't see the point in calling it Feminism if it's about equality in general.  There's plenty of situations where women are treated with extreme bias, and I've never seen a feminist complain about that.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Exactly. Isms are all stupid.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Yeah, like organisms.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
casual sexism ITT

Rep:
Level 94
Feminism is sexism

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

Rep:
Level 94
Anything that bases anything on gender is sexism. Just as anything that bases anything on race is racism. Though many of the things that feminism originally intended to overcome were also sexism, the original article's argument is also sexist. And no, I am not against equality for men and women. I'm against people thinking that nothing is ever good enough, and that everything is always the result of some "-ist" bias.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
That's deep, man.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
You know what I hate? People who are against "conservative bias" and the "liberal media" and all that horse shit. You need both halves to make a working whole.

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
"I'm the finger fucker" -Tre Cool
2013 Best Newbie2012 Most Missed Member2012 Best Writer
Anything that bases anything on gender is sexism. Just as anything that bases anything on race is racism. Though many of the things that feminism originally intended to overcome were also sexism, the original article's argument is also sexist. And no, I am not against equality for men and women. I'm against people thinking that nothing is ever good enough, and that everything is always the result of some "-ist" bias.

Damn Holk. Just, yes dude, yes.
It's a good year when you win an award and give a name to a beer. But you have to make up a sex position to complete it. That would be the Bullwinkle.
     -Tre Cool

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

You know, I made an argument about something similar before and got flamed for it.  I don't think it was here but I was talking about black rights groups and whatnot and how there really shouldn't be a group for it as it should be human rights and not some one-sided group.  It's funny how just because I'm white and a male, my opinion doesn't mean shit when it comes to using your head. 

Don't get me wrong, I do find that at some point, there was a need for groups to fight for the rights of women and people of color and there might even still be a need to a small extent now but we should all be at the point where we drop the labels and just call for equal rights for all. 

Anyway, I'm tired as hell so I'm going to stop here >.<
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Spoiler for:
You know, I made an argument about something similar before and got flamed for it.  I don't think it was here but I was talking about black rights groups and whatnot and how there really shouldn't be a group for it as it should be human rights and not some one-sided group.  It's funny how just because I'm white and a male, my opinion doesn't mean shit when it comes to using your head. 

Don't get me wrong, I do find that at some point, there was a need for groups to fight for the rights of women and people of color and there might even still be a need to a small extent now but we should all be at the point where we drop the labels and just call for equal rights for all. 

Anyway, I'm tired as hell so I'm going to stop here >.<

DEAR WHITE FELLA,
COUPLA THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
WHEN I BORN, I BLACK - WHEN I GROW UP, I BLACK
WHEN I GO IN SUN, I BLACK - WHEN I COLD, I BLACK
WHEN I SCARED, I BLACK - WHEN I SICK, I BLACK
AND WHEN I DIE, I STILL BLACK
AND YOU WHITE FELLA,
WHEN YOU BORN, YOU PINK - WHEN YOU GROW UP, YOU WHITE
WHEN YOU GO IN SUN, YOU RED - WHEN YOU COLD, YOU BLUE
WHEN YOU SCARED, YOU YELLOW -WHEN YOU SICK, YOU GREEN
WHEN YOU DIE, YOU GRAY.
AND YOU CALLING ME COLORED???

As for feminism

Until feminists actually start protesting equal rights for BOTH sexes, I'm against them.
I've never seen a feminist complain when a female has gotten off with a slap on a wrist for a crime she committed, when a man who does the same thing gets a much harsher punishment.

I think females might get a little harsher time getting high hourly wages, but that does not balance out the really shitty and unfair detentions between males and females.

I think enough has been said.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:55:46 AM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I've never seen a woman getting an easier sentence for a crime, but  it really bothers me when women get preference over men in custody cases, especially when the father is obviously better fit for parenthood. That's one of the few things I can think of where women get better treatment. Men are definitely victims of sexism as well, it's just not always as noticeable, which is probably why people don't speak out about it as often.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Woman receives lighter sentence in murder trial

Woman burns toddler, gets house arrest

Fear of flying gets woman lighter sentence for drunken plane incident

I know somewhere on this forum Roph posted the Dear Zachary movie. That was a complete and total travesty of justice. And don't even get me started on Casey Anthony. 

Also: http://investigation.discovery.com/women-and-crime/sentencing-women.html

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Woman receives lighter sentence in murder trial

Woman burns toddler, gets house arrest

Fear of flying gets woman lighter sentence for drunken plane incident

I know somewhere on this forum Roph posted the Dear Zachary movie. That was a complete and total travesty of justice. And don't even get me started on Casey Anthony. 

Also: http://investigation.discovery.com/women-and-crime/sentencing-women.html

Pretty much.  With enough digging, you can find many instances of women getting off easier.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I've never seen a woman getting an easier sentence for a crime, but  it really bothers me when women get preference over men in custody cases, especially when the father is obviously better fit for parenthood. That's one of the few things I can think of where women get better treatment. Men are definitely victims of sexism as well, it's just not always as noticeable, which is probably why people don't speak out about it as often.

That last bit is entirely the problem. (that and the cases like those that Jules mentioned)

And then there's people like me.
There's a group within the feminists, I don't know how big they are, but they're big enough to have their own group, and they would tell me to get bent because of how I was born.

All feminism does is encourage a segregated society.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Or we could always fight fire with fire.

http://www.reddit.com/r/mensrights