RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
PAC Main Menu Ace

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
PAC Main Menu Ace
Version: 1.2
Author: Pacman
Date: 12th of July, 2012

Version History

• <Version 1.2a> 2012.16.12 - Fixed the ugly height of the time window
  • <Version 1.2> 2012.15.12 - Bugfix and release of Compact Addon
  • <Version 1.1> 2012.07.12 - Added window orientation and heal button
  • <Version 1.0> 2012.07.12 - Original Release

Planned Future Versions

No specifics, but I plan on releasing different, smaller scripts (add-ons) that simply add more graphical customization, much like the compact or ring options for the original VX script.

Description

This is the PAC Main Menu converted to VX Ace. On a basic level, this offers a configurable setup for your main menu, allowing the user to create, alter and move the position of menu commands at their pleasure. It can be used very simply to merely reorder the default commands, or to its' fullest potential, that is creating commands to put custom scenes into the menu. It also offers two graphical features: adding an EXP gauge into the menu status window, and adding icons into the command display. Both are optional and customizable.

Also here is the Compact Addon. This script requires PAC Main Menu Ace to work. This is a graphical change to the menu, "compacting" the menu screen to only display the status window when required. The extra windows (the gold, map and playtime windows) can now by closed by pressing a designated button.

Features

• Easily customize and move about the commands in the menu. You can even create your own!
  • You can rename commands, change what they do (why would you want to though), and change the conditions required to use it.
  • Icons for commands are now implemented in the menu. Optional, naturally.
  • An EXP gauge is included in the actors' window. It may look out of place, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. It is, of course, optional.
  • A map name window and a playtime window are included in the script. They are completely optional. As is the gold window now.
  • The menu now remembers which command you were last on at all times, even after saving.
  • The menu now immediately goes to actor selection if the command you just came from required actor selection.
  • You can assign a button to heal the party when it is pressed in the menu during test play.
  • You can choose to have the side windows on the left or right.
  • Changeable height of the time window.
Compact:
  • "Compacted" command window with extra windows above and below it.
  • Actor status window only appears when absolutely necessary (commands that require selection).
  • Command window now in the centre of the screen. All the windows slide to the side for actor selection.
  • Open and close the extra windows with the touch of a button.
  • The menu remembers if the windows were open at all times, even after saving.

Screenshots

Here we see the menu being AWESOME.

Here is the Compact Addon in action.

Instructions

Paste above Main, below Materials. For best compatibility put it at the top of your custom scripts list. There are detailed configuration instructions in the script header. If you have any inquiries, please ask me.

If you want to use the Compact Addon, paste the addon immediately below the base script.

Script

PAC Main Menu Ace.

Compact Addon.

Credit

• Pacman
  • Pacman, for the original script

Thanks

• Want to be thanked? Suggest something, I might do it, put your name here and you might get a warm fuzzy feeling!

Support

Just post here. This script can be very complicated, so please do not hesitate to ask questions.

Known Compatibility Issues

If you expect this to work with another menu system, please don't expect that.

Demo

I don't think it's very necessary. There are no in-game options, and the script itself is a demo.

Author's Notes

My favourite note this week is the D above middle C (293.665 Hz), and my favourite synthetic tone is a sine wave.

Terms of Use

You may use this script in any non-commercial project with credit. Contact me if you wish to use this in a commercial project. You may edit this script and use it in your own project, or even release it as your own script, as long as I am credited (being notified would also be nice).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:12:16 AM by Baron von Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Updated to include more arbitrary and ultimately superficial features.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
:moar:

~Compact mode (cause it's awesome and shit)

Also, nice script (as always ;8)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Compact comes next >:O

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Compact has happened >:O

Rep:
Level 71
Hey weren't you going to put my one actor menu in this?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello

Rep:
Level 71
Nice design, DT!
Again, there are some things that don't need to be there, and some things that could've been aliased, but a good job nonetheless.
Would you mind if I included this design in PAC MM? You would, of course, be credited.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I guess I just never got around to it. But that's a VX script anyway.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
WHY IS THE TIME WINDOW SO LARGE OH MY GOD

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Yeah, that's been fixed (it's also changeable so you can have as monstrously ugly and large as you want). I really should update the screenshot.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:46:07 PM by Pacman »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
Oh, alright then.

Rep: +0/-0Level 59
RMRK Junior
This script is not working with Quest Journal, please fix it

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Well, at least he said "please".
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Yeah, too bad he isn't on IRC.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
This script is not working with Quest Journal, please fix it

Why are you throwing a bunch of Menus scripts together and expecting them to work?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 27
RMRK Junior
Hey,
I was wondering if someone could tell me how do I disable the save menu (for ex. if I want to save only at checkpoints?). A little help would be really appreciated ^^

Rep:
Level 96
Remove lines 111 -> 114

These
Code: [Select]
    ['Save',
    'command_save',
    'save_enabled'],
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK Junior
Oh, thanks for the answer!  :lol: But is there a way I can make the player able to save only at certain maps?  ???

Rep:
Level 96
Oh. RPG maker has that function built into it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK Junior
Yeah.. well actually that function doesn't work with the script.  :'(

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, sorry.
That's strange.

I'll take a look and see what I can come up with.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&