RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[April Fool's] RMRK Guilds 2012

Poll

what rating do you give this prank?

6 (31.6%)
2 (10.5%)
2 (10.5%)
1 (5.3%)
2 (10.5%)
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

That's right folks!

INTRO

Get ready, as RMRK once again invites YOU, the common RPG Making nobody, to join a massive team of other, lead by a certain somebody, to obtain possible fame and glory!

The RMRK Guilds Competition: 2012 will bring the community together in a way we've already seen before, in the pursuit of bombastic RPG Maker game production!

WHAT DO I DO?

That depends on your level of community involvement and RPG Maker prowess.  There are two sets of possibilities outlined below:

NAMKCOR knows who you are
    • Judge the games!
    • Participate in making a game by making yourself available for picking!
    • Lead your own Guild to glory!
    • Name your Guild!
    • Select handpicked members to work with!
    • Create your own IRC channel!
    • Moderate your Guild Forum!
    • Kick people out of your guild!
    • Own the rights to the ideas, designs, creative workings, IP, mechanics, and code of your game!
    • Automatic access into super top secret hush hush popular people forums!

NAMKCOR has no idea who you are
    • Get picked to work on a Guild Project
    • Promote yourself while the pick process is going on
    • Get to know NAMKCOR

HOW DOES THE PICK PROCESS WORK?

Each team should have roughly the same number of contestants, so to that end, team leaders are not allowed to pick from the assembled team hopefuls until the lowest population team either forfeits their pick, or picks.

This is to create an even playing field.

I will only recognize one pick at a time from each team, and the teams can only pick from the assembled team hopefuls.

HOW DOES THE JUDGEMENT PROCESS WORK?

Details will be outlined at a later point in time, we will make an executive decision based on the number of contestants signed up, and how many Guilds are to be created.

SIGN ME UP!

Guild Leaders:
    • Jomarcenter - Guild Future Helpers
    • Gracie - Guild of Elitism!
    • DrSword - People's Guild of Great Worship for Dear Leader
    • Acolyte - Guild of Vulcan

Contestants:
    • Pacman - Team Member for Guild of Elitism!
    • IAMFORTE  - Team Member for Guild of Elitism!
    • Skanker - Team Member for Guild Future Helpers!
    • Illumination  - Team Member for Hire!
    • Zylos - Team Member for Guild of Vulcan!
    • Strike_Reyhi - Team Member for Guild of Vulcan!
    • Anski - Team Member for Hire!
    • Harry Burns - Team Member for the People's Guild of Great Worship for Dear Leader
    • Cozzie - Team Member for the People's Guild of Great Worship for Dear Leader

Judges:

---
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:34:13 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
    Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

*crack*
    Rep:
    Level 64
    2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
    Me for judging games please ;D
    All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Hungry
    Rep:
    Level 96
    Mawbeast
    2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
    Who are you, again?

my name is Timothy what's yours
    Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
    Awesome. I'll contest. Might even lead if I get bored enough ;o

Being wary of the date this was posted, of course .-.
    it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Hungry
    Rep:
    Level 96
    Mawbeast
    Awesome. I'll contest.

Being wary of the date this was posted, of course .-.

What'd you like to do?

my name is Timothy what's yours
    Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
    I WILL PARTICIPATE AND LEAD MY GUILD TO VICTORIOUS... OUTCOME.
    it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

SOON
    Rep:
    Level 72
    Jomarcenter - MJM
    Who want to join the "Future helper" guilds.
    Since the future helper and the seven tower game need help due to some certain situation (a.k.a trial problems).
    and also i will credited to anyone who contribute to it.
    And many more.
    « Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:33:37 PM by jomarcenter »

Hungry
    Rep:
    Level 96
    Mawbeast
    Future Helper guild is go.

Small Bat Dev
    Rep:
    Level 76
    2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
    You know I'm in.

I'd like to form Team Elitist.

I'll be the leader.

And only certain people can join, so neener neener to everyone else. We'll have fancy shenanigans and generally be complete dicks to everyone else, whilst at the same time being annoyingly good at what we're doing.

moew
    Rep:
    Level 91
    Queen Princess
    2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
    I'd like to sign up. But you must make me a Future Helper.
    :taco: :taco: :taco:

SOON
    Rep:
    Level 72
    Jomarcenter - MJM
    I'd like to sign up. But you must make me a Future Helper.
    accepted.

Hungry
    Rep:
    Level 96
    Mawbeast

Small Bat Dev
    Rep:
    Level 76
    2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
    I'm claiming Pacman also. And Nam >:3

Hungry
    Rep:
    Level 96
    Mawbeast
    I'm not participating, as I'm the MC!

Furry Philosopher
    Rep:
    Level 94
    Rawr?
    2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
    FUTURE HELPER GO.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
    Rep:
    Level 77
    Bronze - GIAW 9

The RMRK Guilds Competition: 2012 will bring the community together in a way we've already seen before, in the pursuit of bombastic RPG Maker game production!

Does this involve groping of any kind?
    I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
    Level 57
    Noun. The act of illuminating.
    Contestant - GIAW 9
    I would like to join as a scripter but I am not gonna be on jomarcenters team.

Furry Philosopher
    Rep:
    Level 94
    Rawr?
    2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)

The first Guilds I tried back when, Arrow groped my butt. ._.

Or did you mean grouping?

Also, Illumination, trust me. You're with me on teh Future Helper Guild. :mad:

Rep:
    Level 85
    I solve practical problems.
    For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
    Does Nam know who I am >.<

I'll join Gracies guild if she'll have me

Rep:
    Level 57
    Noun. The act of illuminating.
    Contestant - GIAW 9

If you are joining too, then I guess it will work as long as you don't let jomarcenter make decisions further than the team name. :P

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
    Rep:
    Level 77
    Bronze - GIAW 9

Nope you had it right.  I definitely meant groping.
    I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Small Bat Dev
    Rep:
    Level 76
    Does Nam know who I am >.<

I'll join Gracies guild if she'll have me

Yes, of course :D <3

Zylosss TwT whyyy

Rep:
    Level 98
    2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
    haha april fools the guilds are fake
    you awoke in a burning paperhouse
    from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
    Level 98
    2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
    not really throw my name into the ring
    you awoke in a burning paperhouse
    from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
    Rep:
    Level 96
    Mawbeast
    not really throw my name into the ring

Judge, Leader, or Member?