RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Beta

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
That worked! Thanks :)

Spoiler for Thoughts so far:
Gonna write up some things while trying out the game here :) I really liked the setup, it felt genuine and somewhat professional! I have always wondered how you implement something like that into the games :)

I'm not sure if It's only me, but sometimes I have a hard time reading the font of the game.. It clashes togerher somewhat and makes it a bit hard to read. Is it the original font for the maker?, or is it something you could do anything about? (I'm not sure if Its possible to change the font in the maker you are using.)

I really enjoy the humor of the game so far!, It's something that you can feel 'hanging around' in the air, as soon as you can take control of the character! I was very confused with all the people running around in ultra speed at first, it was somewhat of a "what the heck?"-moment, but when the music inside the area stared playing, and I understood what I was supposed to do, it all came together. Also enjoyed the scene when retrieving the 'special price', haha you hit the head on the nail there for sure!  ;D

Haha, that rage guy seems like a cool guy to spend some time with.. ehum.. let me take that back! I really do hope I get to see him sometimes throughout the game!
- Zelda reference! Oh yeah!
Finally got to meet RAGE!, He seems like a totaly normal guy if you ask me.. no really, he seems even more crazy than the main character haha! Just looking at the house they live in, It's pretty noticable they are living a totally crazy life! (Entering that smash-house, felt utterly AWESOME! though, I have to say. Just the whole atmosphere in there is just flawless). Anyway, the 'Whaaaat?' moment had me laughing for a long while! You certainly know how to add awesome stuff, that's for sure.

Tons, and tons of moments that's cracking me up! And I think the RPG references is on the spot aswell! I especially like the conversation about the pot you can buy in the general store!

Found Jigg! 'cute, pink, fluffy... and about to die!" haha!
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get the key, the event finished with the main character saying 'I think I got it' and that's it.. but I think I might figure it out :)
Ah.. I had to talk with Zelda! hahaha! Human-bridge! This game will never stop to surprise me! .. Nope, it definitely won't! Poor Zelda  :(

Oh ye! I'm such a bad-ass! 'who do you think I am - Kick!' haha this is totally awesome! And true, that Npc was sure not a stationary Npc allright, hmpf!

Think I will have to stop play here for awhile, but I'm looking forward to pick this up again soon! It's really addictive haha!

To sum it up, I think that It's a warm-hearted (is that even a word?), and totally crazy game (in a good way). If your goal was to have a game that is completely outrageous, and amazingly entertaining then you have fulfilled that goal to It's maximum. I'm having a hard time taking the game seriously, but I'm pretty sure that's the whole point! And, that's far from something negative because It's been a looong time since I have seen any game being as unique as this one. It's crazy, fun, and totally outrageous! and I think I said addictive?

The game runs perfectly, and I havn't seen a single bug yet. Can't wait to play some more, and congratulations on finishing this game! Atleast I'm totally hooked!  ;D

Oh wow, I didn't expect that much praise. But I'm really glad that you do like it. It's fun to read your thoughts on the parts of the game.:lol:
About the font, I didn't know that it wouldn't be included with the game files. I have the RM2K font patch installed that fixes the font to make it much more readable (like it shows in my screenshots). Try the patch here, install it, and see if that works? crankeye.com/downloads/rm2k_fp.exe
I've also used an audio patch, but I'm not sure if that's included with the game files either, but can you tell me if you hear the music screwing up at some point? Because that's what it used to do before I got the patch, and if it does in the released game I'll have to add it to the download as well.

And you're right, the game isn't meant to be taken very serious. It started out as something to make testing boring stuff like switches more fun, hence the so many random elements that I put into it. Thank you very much for the post.:lol:
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Updated the download once again. This time it should be able to run without the RTP missing error.
Also lowered the volume of 1 sound effect in the game (yay for miniscule update)

Download V1.1 at: http://www.mediafire.com/?8eb2lq59mh6e2pr

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Version 1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?bi4bk82bgpt1fav

-Fixed some events that did not update after the end of a quest.
-Fixed a line of dialogue.
-Fixed a typo.

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Sweet!, Do you know if It's possible to use older save files for the newer version?
(I'm pretty sure they should, since you havn't done any drastic changes I guess?) :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:42:00 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Sweet!, Do you know if It's possible to use older save files for the newer version?
(I'm pretty sure they should, since you havn't done any drastic changes I guess?) :)

Yeah, save files should not be affected in any way by this update.8)

Rep:
Level 55
A link to the let's play by meh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cysjYyFMqmo&list=PLg1nxjMJG2SwTDfxFRQ9T6GFm_ZQWsVnT&index=1

This is gonna be so funny to watch! I love Let's plays!  ;D

Edit: haha, you should be a character in the next game! The game was even more insane with you playing it, haha gotta love it! Are you from Finland perhaps?, your accent sounds alot like finish!  8)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:30:35 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 69
Edit: haha, you should be a character in the next game! The game was even more insane with you playing it, haha gotta love it! Are you from Finland perhaps?, your accent sounds alot like finish!  8)

I love having cameos of myself. Like in this one game, I asked for a beer and if you gave me beer, I gave the player an item called moonstone. If you talked to me again, I said "No more moonstones for you!" No one knew what you could do with moonstones, not even the guy who made the game!

I appear in almost every one of my games in one way or another. I mentioned in youtube but may as well, I'm indeed from Finland. :blizj:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 06:23:47 AM by Drbigt »

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Version 1.3: http://www.mediafire.com/?slb5674d45ncf2p

-Jigg boss fight is now easier when challenging it on Easy Mode.
-Removed a bug that could cause the player to get stuck at the part of getting the Stone Tablet.
-Removed a few Knights.
-Fixed a few typos.

(existing save files should still be functional with this patch -- existing save files may not be affected with the Stone Tablet bug fix if the player has already progressed beyond that point)

Rep:
Level 55
Version 1.3: http://www.mediafire.com/?slb5674d45ncf2p

-Jigg boss fight is now easier when challenging it on Easy Mode.
-Removed a bug that could cause the player to get stuck at the part of getting the Stone Tablet.
-Removed a few Knights.
-Fixed a few typos.

(existing save files should still be functional with this patch -- existing save files may not be affected with the Stone Tablet bug fix if the player has already progressed beyond that point)

I experience a issue with the 1.3 version, but I'm not sure if I messed something up during the installation or something. But I thought I should point it out so you can see if It's on your end or mine. When I stand still, my character shifts from the original blue outfit, to the red outfit with the 'demonic' wings. Every time I start moving it turns back to the original blue outfit though.. I'm gonna try uninstall it again and see if I messed something up, but you could take a look and see if you experience the same on your side :P
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Thanks, that's a leftover from an animation test I was doing, but thought I had removed it. It should be gone in this new version: http://www.mediafire.com/?uo00e634da16xga :D
Or if you have RPG Maker 2000 installed, you can open the editor and remove Common Event #91.

Rep:
Level 55
Thanks, that's a leftover from an animation test I was doing, but thought I had removed it. It should be gone in this new version: http://www.mediafire.com/?uo00e634da16xga :D
Or if you have RPG Maker 2000 installed, you can open the editor and remove Common Event #91.

Cool, thanks! I'll download it again then :)

Edit: Works like a charm now!, and It's really nice with the new font, since it didn't work for me the first time around.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:28:14 AM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Beta V1.5

-Fixed a few minor typos.
-Fixed a faceset in one dialogue that wouldn't change when wearing different outfits.
-Fixed a bug that caused increased movement speed.
-Added the walkthrough to the download files again (forgot to do so in previous version, lol)

(existing save files should still be 100% functional with this update)

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
BETA V1.6

Numbers on the Jigg Rampage mini-game have been adjusted:
-Killing Jiggs gives better score
-Grabbing Lightningbolts and scoring combos gives twice as much score

The King Cyborg Jigg boss battle has been made easier (easy-mode only):
-The homing orb during phase 1 moves slower
-Rockets don't get a speed boost in the later phases
-Rockets respawn slower
-Removed some rockets

Any existing Save files should still be fully functionally.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
I just logged on to say that I LOVE this game. I can honestly say that I didn't expect it to be interesting at all...
Spoiler for:
but that damn party hat sucked me into 12310432 quests...

I've gotten stuck now, though. After I went to sleep for the first night, I went back to the castle and it says "I don't think I should leave quite yet"

I've examined everything on the first floor, the stairs won't let me up, I can't get to the cellar because it's locked (intentionally I'm assuming), and the doors to the pink hair chick won't open. I've talked to everyone I can, but I just can't figure out what to do...

Spoiler for:
I did check behind the bible and saw the comics...

Also:
Spoiler for:
LMFAO @ zelda.

That is all :)
VERY fun game. Easy 9/10 stars only less because of a few mapping/graphic issues that aren't really a big deal.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:49:15 AM by Chaos_Zexion »

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Thanks, and glad you enjoyed it.:D
About the glitch, I'll look into it. The "I don't think I should leave yet." part should only show up during the Birthday event before going to sleep. If you've got an earlier save file, I'd suggest loading up that.
I'll see if I can fix it without breaking existing save files. I'll edit this post when I got an update on the issue.

edit: OK, I should be able to fix it for you. But I need to know where exactly you made your last save file (if you've made any at all?) Because if your last save file is inside the villa while being stuck, I'll upload a seperate download that will help you leave the villa.

If you have a save file you can load before the Birthday party event, download this new version, and replace all your game's files except your save files: http://www.mediafire.com/?2z65kdbwhk0kkhc
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:55:36 AM by Milennin »

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Unfortunately, I hadn't saved until I got stuck in there.
Sorry if this created extra work for you D:

Still love this game :P

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Lol, doesn't matter. It's only a few minutes for me. Use this download, copy your save files to this version. Ingame, examine the Bible again and you should get unique dialogue that lets you escape the villa.=P
Let me know if that worked at all.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
I know I sound like a total noob, but where are the save files at?

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Wherever you installed the game, enter the Beta folder.
The save files are named like "Save01.lsd" (so at the bottom of the list if you sort your files alphabetically).

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Wierd...It's not there at all I even searched for it with no results...but when I load it up, the save still shows up.

Edit:Well you've already helped as much as you can, so I guess I will just restart. It wasn't bad anyways :P

Edit:Finished it lol :) Such a fun game. I hope you make more games in the future.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:05:12 AM by Chaos_Zexion »

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Lol, thanks for playing.:D

And yeah, I'm making a sequel to this game. The link to the demo is in the picture in my signature below if you want to check it out. Currently development's on break since I'm having issues with the battle system, but it will be finished some day.=P