RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rabid Mac fanboys vs. Rabid Windows fanboys (oh, and BOE, too)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I am now one ;-;

www.apple.com

take a look at everything new, amazing.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Not even. I don't even see a use for a windows computer anymore :/

gaming right?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
There are only 3 reasons to use a mac:
1. Video production
2. Music production
3. College students who think macs are awesome because they look cool and find those mac vs. PC ads on TV funny.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
You just spent a lot of money on a new computer. D=

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
1. Video production
2. Music production
3. College students who think macs are awesome because they look cool and find those mac vs. PC ads on TV funny.
4. Macs can run windows XP or Vista through partitioning the hard drive, so there's virtually no downside to spending a little extra to get a mac, now. The dual boot software comes standard with the new OS.

Just hold down the ALT key when booting up and it'll ask you which OS to boot up in.

But hey, I have one because I fall into 1 and 2 anyway, lol.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 01:54:34 AM by Marlin »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
1. Video production
2. Music production
4. Macs can run windows XP or Vista through partitioning the hard drive, so there's virtually no downside to spending a little extra to get a mac, now. The dual boot software comes standard with the new OS.

Just hold down the ALT key when booting up and it'll ask you which OS to boot up in.

But hey, I have one because I fall into 1 and 2 anyway, lol.

I'd rather just have a mac for 1 and/or 2 and a PC for everything else. But I didn't know you could do that, so that's pretty cool I guess.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
It's not the devices I don't like it's their fanboys :/
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Same here. Except for iPods. I hate those.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
^^ i have to agree with roph. I don't like it when another company intro's something else, and the apple group jumps in with stupid comments (http://www.engadget.com/)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
If only there were another company that use the best of both worlds...and make an even better one.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
show me something macs can do but windows cant and ill head over there. I always though about getting a mac laptop for school work and sticking with my xp pc :D

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

THIS IS WHY WE NEED MACS BECAUSE THEY ARE EASY TO USE AND YOU GET MORE DONE FASTER. NO LONGER SHOULD YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY SEARCH FOR THAT ONE SPECIAL FILTER IN PHOTOSHOP.

Rep:
Level 96
I didn't even know I could do that. :O
That's really gonna come in handy, especially with programs like Photoshop or Finale, which frequently re-arrange their menus with every new version. >:(

Rep:
Level 102
So I went to an Apple store to try out Leopard. I was using a 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory 24" iMac in the store. Me and the iMac got to play with one another for about 30 minutes. I decided that I'm going to save up for a Mac.

A few reasons:
  • Spotlight - Spotlight in OS X is better than ANY search tool I've seen yet. It's REALLY fast, it's simple, it searches my whole hard drive, (unlike Vista's start menu search bar) it does math equations without the need for a separate application, and it gives me definitions WITH Wikipedia articles. These things I want and need. All of this is presented to you quickly.
  • Help Search - As shown in this video, it's easy to find items in programs and folders. There's really not an easier or quicker way to do it. I'm certain I've spent at least a total of a fraction of a year trying to find things in Windows.
  • Spaces - Spaces is a great way to multitask. When using Leopard, I found myself flipping from space to space, all without the need for minimizing Windows. This may not be something everyone would use, but I found it to be a useful feature.
  • Time Machine - Backing up files has never been easier. A few times a month I delete a file that I should have saved, and wind up regretting it later. With Time Machine I can retrieve that file EASILY.
  • Zoom - I have bad eyes, and I need to zoom every now and then.
  • Quiet - The iMac had to be the most quiet computer I had ever used. My computer won't ever shut up, and I have to sleep with this thing on.
  • Looks - This isn't really a decider for me, but some of you are all "YEAH MAN I GOT A SUPER CASE WITH A WINDOW ON IT AND IT GLOWS BLUE AND IT'S PRETTY." Macs are, in my opinion, the most gorgeous computers on the market. 1 2 3

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
    A few reasons:
    • Spotlight - Spotlight in OS X is better than ANY search tool I've seen yet. It's REALLY fast, it's simple, it searches my whole hard drive, (unlike Vista's start menu search bar) it does math equations without the need for a separate application, and it gives me definitions WITH Wikipedia articles. These things I want and need. All of this is presented to you quickly.

The speed is on how much ram you have and what your processor is clocking at. Mac users just seem to be lazier than any other OS user.

Edit: Also calculator

• Help Search - As shown in this video, it's easy to find items in programs and folders. There's really not an easier or quicker way to do it. I'm certain I've spent at least a total of a fraction of a year trying to find things in Windows.

I don't think Windows has a program to deal with retardation. ?_?

• Spaces - Spaces is a great way to multitask. When using Leopard, I found myself flipping from space to space, all without the need for minimizing Windows. This may not be something everyone would use, but I found it to be a useful feature.

You've sort of beat windows, or atleast all the people who don't know about Blackbox.

• Time Machine - Backing up files has never been easier. A few times a month I delete a file that I should have saved, and wind up regretting it later. With Time Machine I can retrieve that file EASILY.

Windows has this feature. !_!
    Spoiler for:

• Quiet - The iMac had to be the most quiet computer I had ever used. My computer won't ever shut up, and I have to sleep with this thing on.

Anyone can build a quite computer ?_?

• Looks - This isn't really a decider for me, but some of you are all "YEAH MAN I GOT A SUPER CASE WITH A WINDOW ON IT AND IT GLOWS BLUE AND IT'S PRETTY." Macs are, in my opinion, the most gorgeous computers on the market. 1 2 3
    ffffffffffffff[/list]
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:30:04 PM by Asuka Langley Soryu »

Rep:
    Level 96
      A few reasons:

The speed is on how much ram you have and what your processor is clocking at. Mac users just seem to be lazier than any other OS user.
      Not quite the same thing, since Mac's search features search help files from other programs, too. It also searches menus, and lots of other things not included in the "all files and folders" category.
      Basically, windows can only search for physical files and objects, Macs search for words anywhere and categorizes them and make them easy to browse through (which we all know windows doesn't do, because when you search for all files and folders it just blindly throws them into the windows as it finds them.)

And just because Windows takes extra and unnecessary work doesn't make Mac users lazy.

It makes Windows users have to do extra and unnecessary work.

It's a computer. It's supposed to make things easier for you. That's why we buy them.

That's an INCREDIBLY weak argument for something that's just more convenient.

If you actually bought a Windows machine because you knew it would be more cumbersome and difficult to use, I'd say YOU were retarded.

You've sort of beat windows, or atleast all the people who don't know about Blackbox.
      I don't know about Blackbox. I doubt many others do, either.
      Spaces comes with the OS, without any extra downloading or searching obscure internet forums (like this one) to find out about it.
      Oh, and you can turn it off if you don't like it.

You don't understand. Restore point on Windows is for system settings. It says right in the screenshot you posted that it deals with registry settings and technical junk like that.
      Time Machine lets you go back and restore deleted files and documents.

You should at least understand the argument before trying to jump in.

And so does Mac. !_!

Nobody has to build a quiet Mac. They're all quiet. Just buy one. Hey, it's quiet.

ffffffffffffff[/list]
      And here's where you ran out of arguments.

Look, dude, if you don't like Apples, then don't buy them. I'm here defending Apples while I'm posting on my mom's Dell. I use both, and admit some handle certain things better than others, but that's no reason to just blindly hate on the system.

Rep:
      Level 102
        A few reasons:

Edit: Also calculator
        The search bar in the start menu doesn't search your whole hard drive. Using spotlight is faster than having to open a new window, configure how you want your search, and search. You don't need calculator on OS X, all you have to do is type it in the spotlight bar, and you instantly get results. It's quicker and more simple.

It's faster than having to search through every sub-menu to find a render in Photoshop. I guess only retarded people want to get things done faster? --

Link to a video of it. Besides, nothing beats built in functionality.

That doesn't back up files, it just backs up all of your system files and programs. With time machine I can back up single files without restarting.

Spoiler for:
        Because we all want big sidebars for zooming, right? In OS X you can zoom the whole screen in and out. That's just a seperate sidebar, window that displays everything near the mouse, but zoomed in. OS X's is much more useable.

But you KNOW these are quiet before you buy them. [/list]

Rep:
        Level 98
        Not quite the same thing, since Mac's search features search help files from other programs, too. It also searches menus, and lots of other things not included in the "all files and folders" category.
        Basically, windows can only search for physical files and objects, Macs search for words anywhere and categorizes them and make them easy to browse through (which we all know windows doesn't do, because when you search for all files and folders it just blindly throws them into the windows as it finds them.)

And just because Windows takes extra and unnecessary work doesn't make Mac users lazy.

It makes Windows users have to do extra and unnecessary work.

It's a computer. It's supposed to make things easier for you. That's why we buy them.

That's why you click on the Name, In Folder, Size and Type tabs to organize them by which one you click on.
        I don't see what else it could pull up, I wouldn't want Mac pulling up every document file because it has the word in it.

That's an INCREDIBLY weak argument for something that's just more convenient.

If you actually bought a Windows machine because you knew it would be more cumbersome and difficult to use, I'd say YOU were retarded.

Searching for Penumbra.exe would only bring up penumbra.exe and any file labeled as such.

I don't know about Blackbox. I doubt many others do, either.
        Spaces comes with the OS, without any extra downloading or searching obscure internet forums (like this one) to find out about it.
        Oh, and you can turn it off if you don't like it.

Well obviously you can turn it off, I don't see why you need to argue that point when I said that OSX had that advantage over Windows.

You don't understand. Restore point on Windows is for system settings. It says right in the screenshot you posted that it deals with registry settings and technical junk like that.
        Time Machine lets you go back and restore deleted files and documents.

You should at least understand the argument before trying to jump in.

It doesn't just reverse the "technical junk," it restores everything about your computer down to the last file to the day you set it.

And so does Mac. !_!

Well it seems we are at a Mexican standoff here !_!

Nobody has to build a quiet Mac. They're all quiet. Just buy one. Hey, it's quiet.

Most computers are quiet. Many of them just get louder as the fans wear out.

And here's where you ran out of arguments.

Look, dude, if you don't like Apples, then don't buy them. I'm here defending Apples while I'm posting on my mom's Dell. I use both, and admit some handle certain things better than others, but that's no reason to just blindly hate on the system.

You could say I ran out of arguments, but what am I going to say to someone just saying "Macs r prtty othr computrs r gay"?

I don't blindly hate on Macs, I use an iPod every day. I'm just tired of Mac users Irock sitting here blasting propaganda EVERYWHERE about how he is getting a mac and how much better they are. If everyone wanted to know the features of a Mac, they would look them up, not just browse around a RPG Maker forum to find them.

Rep:
        Level 98
        The search bar in the start menu doesn't search your whole hard drive. Using spotlight is faster than having to open a new window, configure how you want your search, and search. You don't need calculator on OS X, all you have to do is type it in the spotlight bar, and you instantly get results. It's quicker and more simple.

Yes it does search your whole hard drive, there is nothing else to search!

It's faster than having to search through every sub-menu to find a render in Photoshop. I guess only retarded people want to get things done faster?

I don't use Photoshop, so if you could give me a more applicable example I might be more inclined to believe you.

Link to a video of it. Besides, nothing beats built in functionality.

I would, but I don't think there is a video example of it, and when I use FRAPS the files come out to be a GB and I don't know how to shrink the file size down.

That doesn't back up files, it just backs up all of your system files and programs. With time machine I can back up single files without restarting.

It does back up all your files. @_@

Because we all want big sidebars for zooming, right? In OS X you can zoom the whole screen in and out. That's just a seperate sidebar, window that displays everything near the mouse, but zoomed in. OS X's is much more useable.

I'm sorry you are blind, you can expand the zoom to the whole screen.

But you KNOW these are quiet before you buy them.

Most computers are quiet, i'd imagine that you could just spend about 5 to 10 dollars buying a new fan incase one starts screeching.

Rep:
        Level 96
        Here's what Irocks' doing:

I like Macs, and this is why. :) :)

Here's what you're doing:

I like Windows, AND MACS ARE FUCKING USELESS MACHINES AND I FUCKING HATE THEM DIE MACS DIE

I mean, every time somebody says "I like the Mac because it does this," why do you feel the need to contest it and turn it into an argument?

Irock's done nothing wrong. You're the one being a douchebag for no reason, here.

Rep:
        Level 98

I like Windows, AND MACS ARE FUCKING USELESS MACHINES AND I FUCKING HATE THEM DIE MACS DIE

I disagree. I'm giving evidence to back up my statements as well? I'm trying to argue, and I'm clearly not just saying "HAET MAC EVERYONE WHO USES THEM MUST DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH BECUZ THEY R ALL FGTS"

Rep:
        Level 96

I disagree. I'm giving evidence to back up my statements as well? I'm trying to argue, and I'm clearly not just saying "HAET MAC EVERYONE WHO USES THEM MUST DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH BECUZ THEY R ALL FGTS"

THE FIRST FUCKING THING YOU SAID IN THIS THREAD WAS

WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THAT ARGUMENT, HUH?

GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. OF. THIS. THREAD.

Rep:
        Level 98
        I was joking.  ;9

Rep:
        Level 102

Yes it does search your whole hard drive, there is nothing else to search!
        Mine doesn't

It's faster than having to search through every sub-menu to find a render in Photoshop. I guess only retarded people want to get things done faster?

I don't use Photoshop, so if you could give me a more applicable example I might be more inclined to believe you.
        Anything that you can't find in a program can be found with a simple search bar at the top. There's no need to provide more examples, because it's the same for every program.

It does back up all your files. @_@
        If I deleted a text file I could restore to yesterday and get it back? If I can, I'd lose any programs I installed or settings I changed. :|

I'm sorry you are blind, you can expand the zoom to the whole screen.
        Which results in the equivalent of a video I can't interact with.

But you KNOW these are quiet before you buy them.

Most computers are quiet, i'd imagine that you could just spend about 5 to 10 dollars buying a new fan incase one starts screeching.
        But Macs are MORE quiet.

Rep:
        Level 98
        Mine doesn't

I forgot you used Vista e3e;;

Anything that you can't find in a program can be found with a simple search bar at the top. There's no need to provide more examples, because it's the same for every program.

You're not being very clear, what exactly does it search for? Does it go through each tab and find where it is labeled what you searched for?

If I deleted a text file I could restore to yesterday and get it back? If I can, I'd lose any programs I installed or settings I changed. :|

I'm not sure how to argue that, I suppose it does have that advantage, seems like it would take up alot of hard drive space to back everything up on.

So it takes about 3 more seconds to reopen the magnifying window and set the zoom level, jeeze. It's not like you can't do anything in the zoom window.

But Macs are MORE quiet.

... I can't hear my computer at ALL, and it has 5 fans running at medium speed.

Rep:
        Level 102

You're not being very clear, what exactly does it search for? Does it go through each tab and find where it is labeled what you searched for?
        Yes, watch the video.

So it takes about 3 more seconds to reopen the magnifying window and set the zoom level, jeeze. It's not like you can't do anything in the zoom window.
        You have to admit, OS X's zoom functionality is far more usable than Window's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3xHHKc9dFA

But Macs are MORE quiet.

... I can't hear my computer at ALL, and it has 5 fans running at medium speed.
        And I couldn't hear the iMac at all. D:<

Rep:
        Level 98
        Well folks, it seems that OSX and Windows have their differences, obviously.

Some people find OSX to be easier to use, and that their userbase is generally die hard. :V

Some people find Windows better to handle technically and to program on.

Sorry for looking stupid, but I mostly argue about Macs because I like getting Irock to argue back, aka basic trolling 101. I don't want to hear about them every other post Irock. We know you're getting a Mac, we don't need you to tell us every feature when they are clearly displayed every other turn.

Rep:
        Level 102
        2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
        I don't like the shitty marketing. The number of times that small advances are proclaimed as "revolutionary" or "breakthrough", and countless mac-addicts fall for it and sink another $1,000 on a minor product refresh. I guess I don't like seeing so much money going to waste or people being so mindless.

Take my PC, I have a 6 year old CPU, 5 year old graphics card. I just stepped up its performance quite cheaply by taking out the CPU and dropping a significantly faster one in, I took out my budget card and put a more powerful one in, and I bought another gig of memory. Total cost?  Like $60. You could get away with the memory I guess, can you even change that in in imac? I could bring this up to somewhat modern standards for gaming by putting a radeon 19xx AGP card in here, which I could find for like $40 nowadays or something silly. You want more from your mac? you have to buy a new one. I know you could simply continue using your old one, but all the apple users you ever see are the ones who have become brand loyalists who wouldn't want to be seen dead with an outdated one. That'd be so untrendy, man.

The point is each mac or apple product is made obsolete usually in under even just a single year. Almost all of their drones really do buy the new shit each and every time an ever-so-slightly improved, yet touted as revolutionary breakthrougyness new version comes out. Go see how many first gen iphones are for sale, now that the second gen iphone is out.

Mentioning the iphone and coming back to the marketing, the initial payment is hardly the defining cost of a (contract only) phone, and over the course of the contract, the new 3G iphone is not cheaper than the first one, nor even equal, it ends up more expensive.

As for OSX Vs Windows, I like my windows and I'm used to it, and (honestly, with not much effort) it's easy for me to get my XP install to look, act, function and feel exactly how I want it to. Which I have done. If I had to use a mac, I think I'd spent almost all of my time running XP on it.

If it ever happens, I'm interested in what'll happen when apple is no longer the hipster "oh I'm so different from everyone else" option, and they become mainstream.
        « Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 08:55:28 PM by Roach »
        bringing sexy back

Rep:
        Level 96
        Well folks, it seems that OSX and Windows have their differences, obviously.

Some people find OSX to be easier to use, and that their userbase is generally die hard. :V

Some people find Windows better to handle technically and to program on.

Sorry for looking stupid, but I mostly argue about Macs because I like getting Irock to argue back, aka basic trolling 101. I don't want to hear about them every other post Irock. We know you're getting a Mac, we don't need you to tell us every feature when they are clearly displayed every other turn.

Oh stop acting like you're doing a service, this is a fucking THREAD MADE for talking about MACS. That's why Irock is talking about Macs, here. He could have easily made his post somewhere else, or in a new thread, and then you would actually have a point. But he didn't. He posted it HERE, in a thread ABOUT MACS. In no other thread ANYWHERE have I seen Irock talk about Macs, and he didn't even make THIS thread!

If you can't stand people (Irock) talking about Macs, then maybe you should get the fuck out of the Mac thread.
        « Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:06:40 PM by Hei »

Cheese
        Rep:
        Level 95
        ?
        :)

well put, Roph. I agree with you on the fact that they upgrade their products too much, simply because they originally aren't top of the line. ( i assume thats done on purpose) I doubt apple didn't have enough power to release the first gen iphone as the 3 model.

Rep:
        Level 102
        I don't like the shitty marketing. The number of times that small advances are proclaimed as "revolutionary" or "breakthrough", and countless mac-addicts fall for it and sink another $1,000 on a minor product refresh. I guess I don't like seeing so much money going to waste or people being so mindless.

Take my PC, I have a 6 year old CPU, 5 year old graphics card. I just stepped up its performance quite cheaply by taking out the CPU and dropping a significantly faster one in, I took out my budget card and put a more powerful one in, and I bought another gig of memory. Total cost?  Like $60. You could get away with the memory I guess, can you even change that in in imac? I could bring this up to somewhat modern standards for gaming by putting a radeon 19xx AGP card in here, which I could find for like $40 nowadays or something silly. You want more from your mac? you have to buy a new one. I know you could simply continue using your old one, but all the apple users you ever see are the ones who have become brand loyalists who wouldn't want to be seen dead with an outdated one. That'd be so untrendy, man.

The point is each mac or apple product is made obsolete usually in under even just a single year. Almost all of their drones really do buy the new shit each and every time an ever-so-slightly improved, yet touted as revolutionary breakthrougyness new version comes out. Go see how many first gen iphones are for sale, now that the second gen iphone is out.

Mentioning the iphone and coming back to the marketing, the initial payment is hardly the defining cost of a (contract only) phone, and over the course of the contract, the new 3G iphone is not cheaper than the first one, nor even equal, it ends up more expensive.

As for OSX Vs Windows, I like my windows and I'm used to it, and (honestly, with not much effort) it's easy for me to get my XP install to look, act, function and feel exactly how I want it to. Which I have done. If I had to use a mac, I think I'd spent almost all of my time running XP on it.

If it ever happens, I'm interested in what'll happen when apple is no longer the hipster "oh I'm so different from everyone else" option, and they become mainstream.
        I'm not a fan of their prices, their marketing, or the majority of their fanbase either, but I simply enjoyed their product. I don't care if my Mac isn't "cool" anymore. I just want the best experience possible.

As for them updating their hardware, I agree, but I'm not going to buy the latest octacore processor just because it's better. I upgrade when I need to. =p

You zetta sons of digits.
        Rep:
        Level 91
        SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
        I know this might seem silly >_>

The only thing i don't like about Macs is the mouse >-<

Rep:
        Level 102
        Really? I think the mouse is pretty good.

You can always buy OTHER mouses. They work with Macs too.

Rep:
        Level 96
        In before Asuka runs in and yells "WINDOWS CAN USE OTHER MOUSES TOO"

JEEZ IROCK STOP TALKING ABOUT MACS EVERY SINGLE POST OMG

Rep:
        Level 98
        WINDOWS CAN USE OTHER MOUSES OMG MACS SUX ARLNS MAD  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You zetta sons of digits.
        Rep:
        Level 91
        SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
        I dont like the hole one clic thing =/

But yeah i would get a new mouse.

Rep:
        Level 96
        The Macs we have in our music lab have Mac mouses that do, in fact, have two buttons.

Well, it's one button, per se, but if you press down on the right side of it it functions like you're pressing a right button.

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

Rep:
        Level 98
        OMG THAT MOUS IS SO GAY WTF  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rep:
        Level 102
        All Mighty Mice have a right click. =o

Rep:
        Level 96
        The mighty mouse is actually the standard mouse that's been shipping in all Apple computers for the last 3 years.

And actually, it has 4 buttons. Left, right, you can click on 360 degree trackball for a third button, and the squeeze buttons on the side.

All buttons are assignable.

Though technically there's only one button on the top for left, middle, and right. Pressure sensors can tell which one you're trying to click, even though there's really just one "button."

Resident Cloud
        Rep:
        Level 91
        ill step in :D:

* Spotlight - Spotlight in OS X is better than ANY search tool I've seen yet. It's REALLY fast, it's simple, it searches my whole hard drive, (unlike Vista's start menu search bar) it does math equations without the need for a separate application, and it gives me definitions WITH Wikipedia articles. These things I want and need. All of this is presented to you quickly.

google search toolbar much?

* Help Search - As shown in this video, it's easy to find items in programs and folders. There's really not an easier or quicker way to do it. I'm certain I've spent at least a total of a fraction of a year trying to find things in Windows.
        most apllications have this i dont see how this is relevant

* Spaces - Spaces is a great way to multitask. When using Leopard, I found myself flipping from space to space, all without the need for minimizing Windows. This may not be something everyone would use, but I found it to be a useful feature.

most linux distros have beryl which is the same as spaces yet in a cube and yes a cube has 6 faces so it has exactly the same number of windows as "spaces".windows has so many addons that can do it http://www.otakusoftware.com/deskspace/index.html if you want the beryl feel yet it now costs money again thats no arugment against just getting deskspace based on what roph says and the prices of macs you macers are loaded. with my pc its built into the hardware i have two monitor ports i plug in another monitor and i get dual screen in other words 2 "spaces"

* Time Machine - Backing up files has never been easier. A few times a month I delete a file that I should have saved, and wind up regretting it later. With Time Machine I can retrieve that file EASILY.

my recycle bin gets emptied like once every 3 months... however im sure there are windows alternatives.
            * Zoom - I have bad eyes, and I need to zoom every now and then.

err http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c69/iframe/zoom.jpg :D.

* Quiet - The iMac had to be the most quiet computer I had ever used. My computer won't ever shut up, and I have to sleep with this thing on.

... wear headphones :D.

* Looks - This isn't really a decider for me, but some of you are all "YEAH MAN I GOT A SUPER CASE WITH A WINDOW ON IT AND IT GLOWS BLUE AND IT'S PRETTY." Macs are, in my opinion, the most gorgeous computers on the market. 1 2 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q-k0gbyaMQ is much better yet i wouldnt have both in my room give me something with the leasts lights possible plx.

to clarify. I do not, not like macs. I do not like windows. I do not like linux. Im gonna try them all and stick with the one i like the most.

dont give me crap about macs having some of the things built in to them when you install them. Its software it doesnt count. Look at the ammount of software a livecd has on it.

sorry for big post :(

also:

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/.

why does  a mouse need a touch sensor. 2 buttons work fine inputing new technology into a device thats worked for years is pointless. also "more precision" its a mouse i have my hand on it if it aint going where i want it to i adjust it. Just like a car i supose yet an old lady would be more upset if i hit her then if i acidentally blocked her on msn.

----- that aside ---

nouman you bought that home built top of the range pc and a mac or turned the home built into a mac(installing leopard)?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 11:40:41 PM by ahref »

Rep:
        Level 102
        Google toolbar is only in web browsers, and only works while connected to the internet. Mac OS X's Spotlight works regardless of your internet connection.

Not every program has that, and it's MUCH quicker to use the built in program search. I mean, come on, it's always at the top of the screen. No need to launch an extra window. It also shows you exactly where it's located, for future reference.

linux by default has this and windows has so many addons that can do it. with my pc its built into the hardware i have two monitor ports i plug in another monitor and i get dual screen in other words 2 "spaces"
        Give me some examples of these programs, and we'll determine if they're good or not. From what I've heard, they all suck. And most people don't have the money to blow for  multiple monitors

my recycle bin gets emptied like once every 3 months... however im sure there are windows alternatives.
        Find a windows alternative or don't say there is one.

err http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c69/iframe/zoom.jpg :D
        If you would have read this thread, or tried OS X, you would know that the Windows magnifier isn't even close to being the same thing.

I don't like headphones. That's just an inconvenience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q-k0gbyaMQ is much better yet i wouldnt have both in my room give me something with the leasts lights possible plx.
        It's about your personal taste. I believe the iMac looks better.

Rep:
        Level 96
        Spaces works with Dual Monitors, too. So instead of 4 spaces, you'd have 8.
        Well, actually, you can have up to 16 spaces with just one monitor, so with two you can have 32. :D
        Even though that's kind of overkill, lol.

The reason why I love spaces so much is because, well, it's so easy!
        I have the lower left corner set to the space screen. I have firefox set to load in space one, dreamweaver to space 2, TabIt to space 3, etc...
        These are all programs that take up the whole screen, so if I want to switch between them, all I need to do is move my mouse to the lower left corner, and then click on the space I want. It's so incredibly smooth and seamless, and it's just plain nicer than having to shuffle through maximizing and minimizing windows or alt-tabbing until I get to the one I want.

It really came in handy when I was building my webpage. I had the page loaded in firefox, and I was working on it in Dreamweaver, and Photoshop was open in its own space as well. I'd work in photoshop, switch over to the Dreamweaver space, throw the image in, save it, and swing over to the firefox space and reload to see how it looked. I didn't have to touch the keyboard once.

You can say whatever you want, I love it.

Hungry
        Rep:
        Level 96
        Mawbeast
        2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
        I used to have a BlackBook and it was nice, I just wish the video card was better.

If they made a tablet pc for $1200 like HP did, with comparable specs, I'd get it, and run boot camp, but they don't, and the only tablets are modbooks that cost $2200 and don't come close hardware wise

I personally hate 'all' fanbois and fangirls, regardless of their cause, because of how god damned annoying they are.  Not only that but the marketing campaigns are annoying, and their control over their corner of the market is also annoying (yet brutally effective), as are the prices.

So in all, I agree with what Roph said on page one.  I don't dislike the products, I dislike the people.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
        Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
        Level 98
        Operating Systems are lame.

Use OS/2

Rep:
        Level 96
        Operating Systems are lame.

Use OS/2
        OS stands for "operating system" ...

Rep:
        Level 98
        I meant to say modern operating systems are lame.

<33

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
        Rep:
        Level 96
        &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
        GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
                      Why is it always Mac v Windos? ._.

Ubuntu too.

Yes.

Ubuntu has this too. Right now I have 2 desktops.

Yes.

Wel... I can make my windows invisible.  :mad:
        EDIT- Holy shit, I can zoom... I didn't know that.

My PC is acutally really quit. The only time is starts getting noisy is when I'm playing games, and that's only after some time passes.

I think my PC is pretty. >_>  Presario [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
        « Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:04:43 AM by BanisherOfEden »
        &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
        Level 89

everything i use is on the desktop or quick launch

*cough* shortcuts *cough*

well what am going to do with the .5 second spare?

I found my stuff after a factory restore. the file was called windows.old

zooms on every OS

If you look at something for its looks...then why don't you have vista.

[/quote]

Rep:
        Level 102
          Quote from: Boe
          Ubuntu too.
          Linux's search solves math equations and gives definitions along with Wikipedia entries? >_>

I don't like the cube. Seems like a bucnh of eye candy, but if you say so. \(O_o)/

Wait, aren't cubes 6 sided? Can you have more than six virtual desktops?

My PC is acutally really quit. The only time is starts getting noisy is when I'm playing games, and that's only after some time passes.
          IS IT AS QUIET AS THE IMAC!?

I think my PC is pretty. >_>  Presario [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
          LOL COMPAQ.

Quote from: Kefka
          *cough* shortcuts *cough*
          You can't have shortcuts to content within a program.

well what am going to do with the .5 second spare?
          Time adds up.

zooms on every OS
          What zooms onto every OS? >_>

If you look at something for its looks...then why don't you have vista.
          I don't look at something for it's looks. Note how I said "This isn't really a decider for me." And I DO currently have Vista, even though it's ugly.

Rep:
          Level 96
          GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
            Quote from: Boe
            Ubuntu too.
            Linux's search solves math equations and gives definitions along with Wikipedia entries? >_>

No... but I have a calculator button on my keyboard. =3

I don't like the cube. Seems like a bucnh of eye candy, but if you say so. \(O_o)/
            Wait, aren't cubes 6 sided? Can you have more than six virtual desktops?

I don't have that. I just have a simple panel at the bottom.

IS IT AS QUIET AS THE IMAC!?

Unless there's quieter then no noise at all, then yes.[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
            &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Resident Cloud
            Rep:
            Level 91
            Google toolbar is only in web browsers, and only works while connected to the internet. Mac OS X's Spotlight works regardless of your internet connection.

err http://desktop.google.com/ it searches my files using the google method which is kinda the best y'know.
            Not every program has that, and it's MUCH quicker to use the built in program search. I mean, come on, it's always at the top of the screen. No need to launch an extra window. It also shows you exactly where it's located, for future reference.
            err what. lol
            linux by default has this and windows has so many addons that can do it. with my pc its built into the hardware i have two monitor ports i plug in another monitor and i get dual screen in other words 2 "spaces"
            Give me some examples of these programs, and we'll determine if they're good or not. From what I've heard, they all suck. And most people don't have the money to blow for  multiple monitors

well mostly http://www.beryl-project.org/. cant install linux to try it oh boo hoo.
            http://www.muukka.net/multidesktop/
            http://www.cubedesktop.com/
            http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/
            http://www.shelltoys.com/virtual_desktop/index.html

Find a windows alternative or don't say there is one.
            http://code.google.com/p/flyback/
            i can find more but ill just throw wikipedia at you instead
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backup_software#Free_Software
            err http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c69/iframe/zoom.jpg :D
            If you would have read this thread, or tried OS X, you would know that the Windows magnifier isn't even close to being the same thing.[/quote]
            ive seen a video :D.
            http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Screen_Capture_Tools/Zoom___Software_to_magnify_and_capture_the_screen.html
            oh look microsoft made one http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897434.aspx

I don't like headphones. That's just an inconvenience.
            http://www.buildsilentpc.com/
            dont complain about cost its future proof because you can upgrade the pc.
            It's about your personal taste. I believe the iMac looks better.
            too right too. but even chris pirillo doesnt like the glowy apple logo.

@hei, sure spaces may be good :D. try some of the windows alternatives or a standard install of linux sometime. see if you like them better or worse :D
            * ahref bows

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:55:01 AM by ahref »

Rep:
            Level 102
            jhkSjhk:ASjhJGHAD"HKLADSHKLAJDKLADSJKLADS"JKLADSJKL"ADSJK"ADSJKLADS

GOD SHUT UP

MACS JUST WORK.

IT JUST WORKS.

I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL 4,000 PROGRAMS TO GET MY COMPUTER TO BE USEABLE.

Rep:
            Level 97
            Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
            I like windows

Resident Cloud
            Rep:
            Level 91
            irock you did. when you bought a mac you installed those programs. ive provided you the links thats the hard part :D. dont complain about stuff not being built in.

moew
            Rep:
            Level 91
            Queen Princess
            2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
            The reason I want a mac is cos pretty
            :taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
            Level 102
            irock you did. when you bought a mac
            I never bought a mac.

you installed those programs.
            These features are pre-installed on a mac, and I KNOW they work correctly. I know they aren't going to eat all of my CPU, or suck.

ive provided you the links thats the hard part :D.
            It's a hastle, all for programs I don't even know will work right.

dont complain about stuff not being built in.
            Why? It makes a difference for me. You shouldn't have to add your own seasoning to a steak in a restaurant just to make it better, especially when you could just go to a better restaurant next door.

Rep:
            Level 97
            Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
            steak in a restaurant
            You just broke a Texan's heart Irock ;9

Rep:
            Level 102
            I thought the entire point that anybody even still uses windows is the literally millions of programs and etc natively available for it. I know that's why I do, some of which programs let me customise my windows exactly how I want it =)

I will be a bit baffled if somebody now comes in and points out that you can infact run windows on a mac. They even point it out in their advertising. It's easy enough nowadays to run OSX on a standard PC too. The OSx86 project has come a long way =o. I wonder why pretty much nobody bothers though? =)
            bringing sexy back

Rep:
            Level 96
            Maybe it's because people don't run Macs for the programs, but for the OS, its interface, and how easy it is to use.
            Same's true for the iPhone.

Most programs are cross platform, anyway.

But hey, as long as you don't hate the hardware, and just the fanboys, it's all okay, huh? =)
            « Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 02:44:17 PM by Hei »

Resident Cloud
            Rep:
            Level 91
            irock. those extra features will eat up your CPU and RAM by default. they run.

Why? It makes a difference for me. You shouldn't have to add your own seasoning to a steak in a restaurant just to make it better, especially when you could just go to a better restaurant next door.

the reason why it matters is that mac displays these features as NEW and COOL. when i can get them for windows or linux and they do the same thing. mac needs to find a way of advertising properly without rubbish like this. i want them to be able to show benifits not features.

so this isn't valid in the mac vs pc argument because it doesnt matter the features listed are not new exciting or cool i can get them any time i want without changing to another operating system. to use your analogy of a steak. i dont expect to walk into a resturant promoting its "new cool exclusive sauce" and to be able to go make it at home or find it in a supermarket.

@hei, i see your point here however perhaps some people dont realise just how customizeable windows and linux are. I can make my pc look like mac quite easily. Less technically minded people need some protection against shiny stuff that looks cool making them make a decision about a product that is required to do tasks. OSs are not art.

Rep:
            Level 96
            God, this is worse than elitist debate.

Rep:
            Level 98
            I've sort of lost track of this argument.

Resident Cloud
            Rep:
            Level 91
            its not an arugment. i just want people to think and look behind the macs shiny finish :D.

Rep:
            Level 98
            wat

I've realized that I just hate the people, not the OS.

Well, I hate the people and the OS price. :B

Cheese
            Rep:
            Level 95
            ?
            :o

I thought it was insanely hard to install OSX on anything non-mac.....too bad I already paid for vista :(

Rep:
            Level 98

Rep:
            Level 96
            I meant to say modern operating systems are lame.

<33
            That's so incredibly hideous.

Rep:
            Level 96
            And why can't OS's be art? Cars serve a purpose, too. They're made to transport us from place to place, and nothing else, really. So why do we make them look so damn beautiful?

Is it so wrong to want the same for anything else you own?

A watch is meant to tell time, and nothing else. Would you want an ugly watch, or a nice looking one?

You may not agree with what that all stands for, but the fact is you've probably bought things based on looks before.

Rep:
            Level 98
            Are you just trying to say that people would buy OS X for looks?

I think this topic ran out of fire already.

Resident Cloud
            Rep:
            Level 91
            true. but its bad if you base it only on its looks.

eg. this watch has diamond and gold everywhere yet its hands are so heavy they cant move

no im saying that its what draws a lot of people in.

Rep:
            Level 96
            I thought it was pretty clear that I was saying looks are a factor.

Not the only thing, but a factor.

And I wasn't talking about shiny black finishes alone, either, I was also talking about how seamless and gorgeous the OS is as well.

Resident Cloud
            Rep:
            Level 91

Rep:
            Level 89
            And why can't OS's be art? Cars serve a purpose, too. They're made to transport us from place to place, and nothing else, really. So why do we make them look so damn beautiful?

Is it so wrong to want the same for anything else you own?

A watch is meant to tell time, and nothing else. Would you want an ugly watch, or a nice looking one?

You may not agree with what that all stands for, but the fact is you've probably bought things based on looks before.
            Yeah... have ever looked at vista? its "looks" better than XP. I mean but what you mean by a car needs to look nice. People take more time to make it perform better. Vista is the car with old, used, and dysfunctional
            parts. Making it run like crap. But looks really nice on the outside.

An Applefag can look at this because they would know that Vista sucks. As in commercials claiming that vista is not as good as it should of been and apple is better. Vista sucks... but apple is wrong with some of these problems. The worst problems are Crashing, and compatibility with vista sucks, and the virus paranoia. 

Rep:
            Level 96
            Right. OSX looks nice and runs well.

lol, I mean we spend almost the majority of this thread going through all the things that OSX does that every other system does, but the fact still remains that OSX ... does ... everything ever other system does, while running smoothly and looking really nice.

That's not to say Windows CAN'T run smoothly, though. Just that .... I've had eons of nightmares with Windows machines, and illegal operations, and blue screens of death. I haven't had any problems with my Mac yet.

Well, actually, that's not true. I have Windows XP on my Mac, and it crashed once or twice on my Mac. I even got a blue screen stop error once.
            OSX has never crashed, though, or done anything that dramatic for me.

Just sayin'...

Fact is I still use Windows for my emulators and other games and stuff, but for everything else I find it's much easier to use it on the Mac OS.

This is just one users testimonial, and I got my first Mac exactly 1 year ago, after about 10 years of using Windows.
            Your experience or opinions may differ, and that's okay.
            « Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 04:57:03 PM by Hei »

Rep:
            Level 102
            I agree with arlen. <_<

the reason why it matters is that mac displays these features as NEW and COOL. when i can get them for windows or linux and they do the same thing. mac needs to find a way of advertising properly without rubbish like this. i want them to be able to show benifits not features.

so this isn't valid in the mac vs pc argument because it doesnt matter the features listed are not new exciting or cool i can get them any time i want without changing to another operating system.
            I don't give a damn how they advertise, but their products just WORK. All of these features are tied together. The steak is cooked the right way, it's been properly seasoned, it has the right sauce, and it tastes delicious. Sure, it may not be delicious to everyone, but we all have different taste. You may prefer the steak next door. But if you're next door trying to make their steak taste like the steak you prefer, isn't it time to just walk over to the other restaurant? It's never going to be as good as the original, and it's going to be messy.

to use your analogy of a steak. i dont expect to walk into a resturant promoting its "new cool exclusive sauce" and to be able to go make it at home or find it in a supermarket.
            It's not going to be the same sauce. Sure, it may have some of the same ingredients, but it's a different brand.

Rep:
            Level 89
            I never had the blue screen or illegal operation problems with XP. Same goes with Vista. The only time that theirs a problem if everything stop working. Macs we know "don't crash" but if it happens there way to prepare. They should install a real turn off button. The thing about Macs is they also don't have a know virus.
            Linux also doesn't have viruses. Making that a target for apple. Anti-virus or other protection software is
            paranoid. Or just windows itself. My schools computer are run down by so many firewalls its not even funny.
            A problem i see with macs is i don't know anybody with a mac. So my source of how a mac runs is at school.
            There macs run like crap. So that my opinion about macs. There better than that. Or are they really slow?

Rep:
            Level 96
            I never had the blue screen or illegal operation problems with XP. Same goes with Vista. The only time that theirs a problem if everything stop working. Macs we know "don't crash" but if it happens there way to prepare. They should install a real turn off button. The thing about Macs is they also don't have a know virus.
            Linux also doesn't have viruses. Making that a target for apple. Anti-virus or other protection software is
            paranoid. Or just windows itself. My schools computer are run down by so many firewalls its not even funny.
            A problem i see with macs is i don't know anybody with a mac. So my source of how a mac runs is at school.
            There macs run like crap. So that my opinion about macs. There better than that. Or are they really slow?
            Macs do have physical turn off buttons, what the hell are you talking about?
            Also, OSX does have the equivalent to ctrl+alt+delete, where you can force quit unresponsive programs.
            My Mac is very fast.

I couldn't understand anything else you typed.

Rep:
            Level 89
            Also, OSX does have the equivalent to ctrl+alt+delete, where you can force quit unresponsive programs.
            My Mac is very fast.

It must the older ones that don't have a off switch.

The second question was are you taking care of your mac and do you know anyone else with a mac?
            « Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 05:35:59 PM by Kefka »

Rep:
            Level 102
            My Mac is very fast.

old
            That's the reason they run slow.

Rep:
            Level 89

That's the reason they run slow.
            i've only noticed that in this debate were comparing Mac OSX and Windows Operating systems.
            well here one question. why do you need a duel boot system to run windows and Mac OSX leopard?

Resident Cloud
            Rep:
            Level 91
            hei is talking sense :D!

are there any performance graphs?

irock advertising and the attitude towards their advertising by apple is annoying. your also still missing the point about macs built in software. your buying into a set of features that you can get elsewhere for free or for very cheap.

if i want a handful of grass do i pay someone to do it or just go pick it myself

Rep:
            Level 96
            I tried downloading Blackbox, and it asked me if I wanted to replace my default shell.

I got scared and said no.

Rep:
            Level 89

irock advertising and the attitude towards their advertising by apple is annoying. your also still missing the point about macs built in software. your buying into a set of features that you can get elsewhere for free or for very cheap.

if i want a handful of grass do i pay someone to do it or just go pick it myself
            To run the software you need good hardware. The key of this debate was rather AppleFags should shut up
            about Mac being better or let them whine. Macs are getting better but they are also becoming more expensive. The mac has to exceed the expectations of people that are paying. So they include programs that make the consumer satisfied.  

Rep:
            Level 98
            I tried downloading Blackbox, and it asked me if I wanted to replace my default shell.

I got scared and said no.

You can quit Blackbox at any time and it just go straight back to your original taskbar, ect

Rep:
            Level 96
            I'll put it on my Mac, lol, so I'll have spaces on both OSs.

Rep:
            Level 98
            I think BB is windows only :x

Edit: Oh you mean your windows partition  :-X

Rep:
            Level 102

PCs/Windows cost money too.

And you're not getting that it won't be the same.

This debate isn't about which is better, it's about which is better for some people, which is completely stupid. Someone who hates Macs, especially the ones that have never used one, can never accept that it's impossible to match the Mac experience. If you think you can turn Windows into Leopard, try it. I'd like to see how that turns out, because it isn't going to be even close.

Rep:
            Level 98
            Again, sorry for looking retarded. I guess I didn't like using OSX because I was too used to windows. I didn't notice that much of a difference in simplicity or it being easier to use, I mean it does have more features but I didn't find myself using most of them.

I had to use OSX for about 2 months last year, the laptop died and I had to use my brothers.

Rep:
            Level 102
            Again, sorry for looking retarded. I guess I didn't like using OSX because I was too used to windows. I didn't notice that much of a difference in simplicity or it being easier to use, I mean it does have more features but I didn't find myself using most of them.

I had to use OSX for about 2 months last year, the laptop died and I had to use my brothers.
            Right, but we all have different taste.

Also, did you use Tiger or Leopard or a version older than that? ;x

Rep:
            Level 98

Right, but we all have different taste.

Also, did you use Tiger or Leopard or a version older than that? ;x

I don't really mean tastes, I was saying that I didn't notice much. If I would have used it more than I might have gotten more used to it, but I felt like I had a whole lot more control over a windows system. Now that can be debated and i'm not being 100% literal, I just felt like I would have more control over a PC.

It was Leopard.

Rep:
            Level 96
            Okay, I tried this blackbox thing.

I opened TabIt. Then I clicked the tiny button to switch over the beta. Now Tabit's in Beta...?
            I switched over the Gamma. TabIt's still up.
            I switched over the Delta. TabIt's still up.
            I switched over to alpha again. TabIt vanishes.
            It's not in Beta. It's not in Gamma. Oh, it ... stayed in Delta?
            NO! Because when I click it, it disappears!
            ... I click the bar at the bottom and it pops back up. I click on the window POOF gone again.

What the hell?

It took me like 20 seconds to figure out how to close it. Plus my desktop icons are background image are gone...

And how do you turn it off?

Rep:
            Level 89

This debate isn't about which is better, it's about which is better for some people, which is completely stupid. Someone who hates Macs, especially the ones that have never used one, can never accept that it's impossible to match the Mac experience. If you think you can turn Windows into Leopard, try it. I'd like to see how that turns out, because it isn't going to be even close.
            Yes Windows cost money. But a lot less than a New Mac.

The Mac is not easier to use. If the debate is about the what people like and people don't like. Then why do you judge that mac is still better. You need to think about what you like about the Mac and what could they improve. You shouldn't type whats good about the mac and bad about windows. Window Vista is flawed but also think about what could be flawed about Mac OSX leopard. The experience is little different
            according to my experience, i couldn't find the calculator on the emac.

Rep:
            Level 96
            Move the mouse into the lower left hand corner. OH THERE IT IS.

Is that really any more difficult that start -> applications -> accessories -> system tools or whatever the hell it is?

Rep:
            Level 102

Yes Windows cost money. But a lot less than a New Mac.

The Mac is not easier to use. If the debate is about the what people like and people don't like. Then why do you judge that mac is still better. You need to think about what you like about the Mac and what could they improve. You shouldn't type whats good about the mac and bad about windows. Window Vista is flawed but also think about what could be flawed about Mac OSX leopard. The experience is little different
            according to my experience, i couldn't find the calculator on the emac.
            Once again IT ISN'T ABOUT WHICH IS BETTER< BECAUSE THAT'S A DEBATE NEITHER SIDE IS GOING TO WIN. It depends on which works better for YOU. You should stick to Linux since you can't figure out how to open calculator.

And I doubt you were using Leopard.

Rep:
            Level 96
            Move the mouse into the lower left hand corner. OH THERE IT IS.

Is that really any more difficult that start -> applications -> accessories -> system tools or whatever the hell it is?
            Oh, there's also a full calculator on the Mac.

It's in the applications folder. Which is where a person would normally look for a calculator.

There's also a graphing calculator in the applications -> utilities folder. 2D and 3D.

It kind of sounds like you didn't try very hard to find them.

Rep:
            Level 89
            Once again IT ISN'T ABOUT WHICH IS BETTER< BECAUSE THAT'S A DEBATE NEITHER SIDE IS GOING TO WIN. It depends on which works better for YOU. You should stick to Linux since you can't figure out how to open calculator.

i wasn't i was using Mac OSX not leopard

Linux is extremely complicated...
            since the system32 for linux isn't real.
            « Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:37:32 PM by Kefka »

Resident Cloud
            Rep:
            Level 91
            well one good thing came out of this topic. black box. looks cool although me download later

seriously are there any performance graphs for all 3 oses xp,mac,linux i wanna see how they compare in terms of performance :D

Rep:
            Level 102

Leopard is a version of OS X.

Rep:
            Level 98
            Okay, I tried this blackbox thing.

I opened TabIt. Then I clicked the tiny button to switch over the beta. Now Tabit's in Beta...?
            I switched over the Gamma. TabIt's still up.
            I switched over the Delta. TabIt's still up.
            I switched over to alpha again. TabIt vanishes.
            It's not in Beta. It's not in Gamma. Oh, it ... stayed in Delta?
            NO! Because when I click it, it disappears!
            ... I click the bar at the bottom and it pops back up. I click on the window POOF gone again.

What the hell?

It took me like 20 seconds to figure out how to close it. Plus my desktop icons are background image are gone...

And how do you turn it off?

There is a small round button on the right side, clicking it separates your windows to alpha beta gamma, ect. Double clicking a window sends it to another desktop.

To turn it off, right click and go to BlackBox and select quit.

It takes a little bit of getting used to, it's not that confusing.

Rep:
            Level 89

I was using OSX thats what its called.

Rep:
            Level 102

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X#Versions

Rep:
            Level 96
            My Mac is very fast.

At school, they had some mac laptops. When they crashed (Lol macs never crash. :V ) pushing the power button wouldn't do anything. To restart them, we would have to open the case and remove the battery. ~_~
            &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
            Level 89

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X#Versions
            idk anymore its the operating system on the eMac

Rep:
            Level 96
            My Mac is very fast.

At school, they had some mac laptops. When they crashed (Lol macs never crash. :V ) pushing the power button wouldn't do anything. To restart them, we would have to open the case and remove the battery. ~_~
            Did you try holding the power button in?

If that doesn't work, then yeah, unplug the battery. I had to do the same thing with my Dell laptop every now and then. Actually, a lot. Because it crashed, a lot.

(P.S. I never said Macs never crash. I just said mine hasn't, yet. Read, comprehend, post.)
            « Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:38:04 PM by Hei »

Rep:
            Level 96
            I use my PC for gaming. If I wasn't a pc gamer I would have gone macfag years ago.
            &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
            Level 98
            Also Arlen, if you need help with bb,

http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean/docs/bblean.htm

All the controls and more

Rep:
            Level 102
            I use my PC for gaming. If I wasn't a pc gamer I would have gone macfag years ago.

BUT YOU CAN GET YOUR MAC AND THEN RUN WINDOWS ON IT
            bringing sexy back

Rep:
            Level 96

BUT YOU CAN GET YOUR MAC AND THEN RUN WINDOWS ON IT

I MEANT THE OS NOT THE MACHINE
            &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
            Level 102
            There's really no sense in getting a Mac if you plan to be gaming on it, unless you already have a gaming machine.

Resident Cloud
            Rep:
            Level 91
            does a mac have solitare installed by default :D.

Rep:
            Level 96
            No, it comes with chess. :lol:

Rep:
            Level 102
            Vista has a ripoff similar chess game.

Rep:
            Level 96
            My Mac also came with Checkers, Reversi, Mancala, Backgammon, 4-in-a-Row and Tic-Tac-Toe.

Rep:
            Level 98
            As if 3D Chess was totally Mac's idea

Resident Cloud
            Rep:
            Level 91
            omg yay :D. ive seen methods and heard stories about howeasy it is to copy software from a mac. this woman on a tv program strapped a removeable hard drive to her side passed the cable down her side and out her sleeve.

she walked into the mac store plugged in her usb and dragged the programs over

dont they put security on these things?

Shadow Knight
            Rep:
            Level 91
            Ruin that brick wall!
            omg yay :D. ive seen methods and heard stories about howeasy it is to copy software from a mac. this woman on a tv program strapped a removeable hard drive to her side passed the cable down her side and out her sleeve.

she walked into the mac store plugged in her usb and dragged the programs over

dont they put security on these things?
            Now I'm tempted to do it.  ;8

Rep:
            Level 96
            90% of my software is either pirated from the internet, or stolen directly from the Macs in the music lab.

Yet another reason why I love Macs. :3

Rep:
            Level 102
            Apple trusts it's users, at least for now. They don't require activation for Leopard. You're only allowed to install Leopard on one machine from the disk, but they have nothing to stop you from installing it on multiple Macs.

Hungry
            Rep:
            Level 96
            Mawbeast
            2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
            why do people fight over this?
            It's really stupid.

I LIEK MAC IT'S BETTER
            NO WINDOZE IS BETTER CUZ IT CAN DO EVERYTHING MAC CAN

it's like fighting over which color is better, red or blue

it'll get nobody anywhere and it's 90% opinionated

Rep:
            Level 102
            I'm not fighting over which is better. I just posted why I'm going to get a Mac and then I was told I was wrong, and then I defended my reasons for getting a Mac. Plain and simple, it depends which works best for you.

Rep:
            Level 98
            Wow NAM, good argument. :V

Rep:
            Level 97
            I like blue

moew
            Rep:
            Level 91
            Queen Princess
            2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki

Rep:
            Level 98

Rep:
            Level 97
            Red is for faggots who like everything to look good but get nothing done. Blue can be used in a variety of themes while red can only exclaim violence or anger. Enjoy being pissed at your choice in color all the time redfag.

moew
            Rep:
            Level 91
            Queen Princess
            Red is for faggots who like everything to look good but get nothing done. Blue can be used in a variety of themes while red can only exclaim violence or anger. Enjoy being pissed at your choice in color all the time redfag.

Blue is stupid. Red is obviously better

Rep:
            Level 97
            Only grade school kids and retards like Red. Blue is customizable to a variety of shades and hues and can go in virtually any painting. Blue is obviously for us intellectuals

Rep:
            Level 98
            Blue has so many different shades it makes it perfect.

moew
            Rep:
            Level 91
            Queen Princess
            Only grade school kids and retards like Red. Blue is customizable to a variety of shades and hues and can go in virtually any painting. Blue is obviously for us intellectuals

I guess red is just for people with souls

Shadow Knight
            Rep:
            Level 91
            Ruin that brick wall!
            People...

We have PINK.

Rep:
            Level 96

I guess red is just for people with souls
            :lol:

Hungry
            Rep:
            Level 96
            Mawbeast
            People...

We have PINK.

pink is red+white
            you  must mean purple

Rep:
            Level 97
            What, those aren't even primary. At least pick Yellow, like some civilized people.

moew
            Rep:
            Level 91
            Queen Princess
            What, those aren't even primary. At least pick Yellow, like some civilized people.

Yellow is fucking gross

Rep:
            Level 97
            Green > other colors

Rep:
            Level 96
            I like orange. :)

That kind of orange. :)

Rep:
            Level 98
            FUCK YOU BLUE IS BETTER ALL YOUR OTHER COLORS ARE GAY ALFSDKGJKDJFFFFFFFF  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rep:
            Level 96
            BUT ORANGE IS SO PRETTY AND NO IM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD JUST BUY ORANGE BECAUSE ITS PRETTY GTFO OF THIS THREAD

Rep:
            Level 97
            YOU NOOB ONLY GAYS LIKE ORANGE THATS WHY ITS IN RAINBOW

Rep:
            Level 96
            I like white.
            &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
            Level 96
            IF LIKING RADIOHEAD'S NEW ALBUM IN RAINBOWS IS WRONG THEN I DONT WANT TO ME RIGHT

Hungry
            Rep:
            Level 96
            Mawbeast