RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Request slightly extended

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Rpg maker XP

this is my character, it works and everything but i need a teen/preteen version of him in like farmer type clothing.

I've tried to edit more sprites I've made to work like this one, but its killing trying to find what photo/ pixel editor i used.

i know paint.net works but my computer wont re download it, Photoshop is a bit too expensive at the time being, and sumo paints upgrade is bollocks.

so i'm asking if someone would please make the edit for me.

(if someone says i could use gimp for it then they're mental in my opinion)

forgive me if this is the wrong forum.

find the game im working on here if interested: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43300.0.html
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:48:59 AM by crow5derlock »
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
this is the image

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Done in a super hurry, as I'm heading out to the door, so it's a little sloppy. But it should work alright.

Also, Gimp is terrible. Paint.NET would be the best way to go, if you can get it to install.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Done in a super hurry, as I'm heading out to the door, so it's a little sloppy.

Bullshit, dude, that looks B-E-A-U-tiful~!
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Also, Gimp is terrible.
:mad: At least it's better than paint.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
:mad: At least it's better than paint.

Well, I dislike Gimp on an aesthetic level, really. It functions fine, but when I try and create something I feel like I'm riding a bike with square wheels. Things flow better when I use Paint Shop Pro or Paint.NET

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I wasn't saying it was better than .NET or PSP, but you said it was terrible. It's not that bad. I do kinda have to agree with you though.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
I wasn't saying it was better than .NET or PSP, but you said it was terrible. It's not that bad. I do kinda have to agree with you though.

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply that you were saying either of them were bad.

'Terrible' was perhaps a little too harsh of a word to use, as Gimp works just as well as any graphical editor would. I can't describe it well, but its aesthetics just prevent me from getting into an artistic mood. That's all it is.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Done in a super hurry, as I'm heading out to the door, so it's a little sloppy. But it should work alright.

Also, Gimp is terrible. Paint.NET would be the best way to go, if you can get it to install.

damn, i didnt think itd be this good thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

from now on i think ill come here to get stuff done rather than roaming the internet for hours on end!!

now that ive noticed, the teen/preteen version is allot cleaner than the adult original i made...  :-\
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:13:06 AM by crow5derlock »

Rep:
Level 82
Yeah, it looks like it went through JPEG hell about five times over. I've attached the cleaner version of the sprite that you put together.

I would suggest installing a graphic editor, though. People won't always be available to fill your requests.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
thanks, i do relize i cant rely on other people 99% of the time, but it helps to have people there about 50% of the time

btw what is a good graphics editor?

Rep:
Level 82
Gimp, Paint.NET, Serif Photoplus, Paint Shop Pro, PhotoFiltre, Photo Pos Pro ... Pixia, maybe. They're all pretty good. Ease of use would probably go to Paint.NET, Paint Shop Pro or Serif Photoplus.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
these are some previews of my game for those of you who helped or tried to help but ended up arguing with each other instead. XD
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:34:34 AM by crow5derlock »

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
You need to work on your castle interiors... You have to think, "If I lived in a castle, how would I have ti decorated???"

You wouldn't have small pictures on the wall, most likely, and the throne room probably wouldn't be lined with pots... Also, the fact that the king is on the same seat as two others (who are undoubtedly lesser royals) is very unrealistic to me somehow...

Also, your exteriors need more "life" in the form of flora nad possibly fauna... Does VX have any squirrel sprite sheets??? I'm sure it does, but god knows they much be totally ridiculous to find... hahaaha~! Anyways... Just spruce things up a bit, ya know???

(PS: I've never seen a carpet like the one in your second screenie)
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
OK thx for the suggestions.

but to set a few things clear: i am still working on the base designs, the two girls in the throne room are his daughters and they're twins with no mother therefore they would have the same royalty status as a queen would minus the title, the carpet leading to the throne room is not finished yet so its kinda cruddy, and for the exteriors i plan on adding a few animals and stuff but that's still yet to come because i am working on the maps right now.

and the dungeon you see as pic number three is way far from done too

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
the problem is the lack of plantlife in your world other than grass.

and I didn't find anything wrong with your third screen.. Your second screen needs to be re-evalutated though, because of that crazy carpet... again, I have never seen anything like that and doubt I ever will... And it I did, I would not be complementing the man who suggested it...

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
well here!

it looks better and it does have animals, im just going to add more later.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
ugh... What the hell did you do??? You made the carpet worse~! The problem with the carpet wasn't the pattern, but the shape. There is no reason for anyone to have (nor have I seen) a triangular carpet... Add onto that that RTP has a semi-aliasing effect... And you have something just unrealistic and ugly.

The town looks much better though. It really is the little details... Some flower or patches of sand (like where everyone is gathering, where it is likely that hte grass would have been worn down or not wanted) and on another note:

If you hold down shift while placing tiles, it will be an exact match to what you were copying (that is, it could fix that area where there is grass on the other side of all your buildings which makes it look odd sometimes...

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
close, but still no cigar... it's just... the middle makes it so ugly... And if you don't have it, then it just looks empty... You have to make it all work by balancing doing unique things and making bold decisions...

However, layering carpets over carpets to create a patter is a no-no... Well... At least with this pic...

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
heres a mock layout of some carpets i could try

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
I think the second and fourth ones are both fairly nice.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
putting my vote in for 2

Also it's nice to see someone taking criticism and trying to improve things.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:22:53 PM by Strike Reyhi »

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
well i'm not generally a mean person, and it also helps me improve the game before i put it to use.