RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
MORPG

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Well, basically, with Netplay Plus becoming more stable, I was thinking of getting some people to take a stab at making an MORPG.

Current Team Members
Underneath everyone's name is an example(s) of their work. (Eventers excluded)

Darklord (Scripter/Mapper)
Just look in the script section or the tutorial database :P
Zeph (Spriter)
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4867/02spritezu3.png
Kereo Takana (Scripter)

What we need
You MUST post an example of your work

Scripters
Spriters
Mappers
Handdrawn Artists
Storyline Devlopers
Server Hoster (someone who can run a program on their computer for most of the day)

We'll get a forum set up for development if enough people like the idea :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 04:26:59 PM by Darklord »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
how much space does it take? To be a host?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 91
The host would just have to run a program on their comp most of the day. It doesn't need to be a very good computer.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
But how big would the program be?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 91
The current server filesize is 0.466 Mb

Rep:
Level 96
That's it?

Whoa... I thought like 10gigs or something... I know almost nothing about computers...  ::)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol, this probally won't be anywhere close to as much computer resources it takes to run CS would it? that shit ate my computer up so bad I said hey clan f*** you im good but im not hosting the server no more.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 91
I ran an old version on my Windows98 computer, and the lag wasn't that bad with a few people on XD

As long as you have enough RAM and a decent CPU, you should be able to run a server.

Rep:
Level 96
my comp would lag it to death...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 91
I still need people for the team :P

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
Erm... I'd join as anything besides scripter... and handdrawn artists and spriters (i can make em, just too lazy...)

Anyway I'd join but... I got absolutely no work that I show to public... XD

Sorry fer waistin ur time..? Oo
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
I might join as a mapper/developer. Demon X's game didn't agree with me too well. It just got too laggy. Not sure why. :/

Also, what program are you using to make the MORPG? I'm assuming Elysium Diamond and then editing it. That would be my first pick anyway.

As for the example, I'll post some work when I find some. :P
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 09:20:42 PM by Lominisio »

Rep:
Level 91
We're making a version in Netplay Plus, then will switch over to Game Maker Studio.Net when Near finishes it.

And if you can't show examples, then I can't have you on the team :P
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 02:13:48 PM by Darklord »

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Here ya go. :D
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
I'd love to be a mapper, but I have a question. In which program is the game created? RMXP? Anyway I'm currently trying to make a map to show you my skills...
RPG Maker version: XP

Omfg, who gave me -1 rep? After all I done for you guys!

Recruiting for upcomming game ELVES

Rep:
Level 88
Now do you know who I am??
Hm, I guess I can help you, I can make an invisionfree forum for you fior all the work and help out here and there.

I, can do stories, title pages, I can make the actual game, I have some good ideas in my head, I know some good sites. I'm an all arounder.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 06:48:58 PM by keyblade_bearer »

Rep:
Level 90
Well... I could do some storyline. I have an example of my writing. It's not my best, but it got an A in my Myths and Legends class. I'd show you another piece that I did for my Short Stories final, but I don't have a copy with me.

I hope you want more than one person to work on the storyline, because I get writer's block easily.

Anyway, I'll attach the file for your reading pleasure (1 page, double spaced). I will also paste something I just typed for no reason a few months ago. For some reason, it's still saved on my computer.

Quote from: Random Writing
->The night was chill. It was the kind of dark, foreboding night that a man tried to stay out of. Nothing made any noise but the soft murmuring of the wind as it slid past tree and house alike. In the gloom of the dark night was a glow of warmth coming from the windows of a tavern, which seemed unremarkable, but held something very much so.
->Chatter and laughter, music and dance, and all the other goings on usually associated with a tavern were all happening. The whores were having a fine time of things, as very few men wanted to be alone that night. Everything was merry as could be, except for that lingering dread of when they must make the walk home.
->This night was Taband Eve. An evil night before a very light and good day.

Edit: I found some more things I did a while ago. I looked them over and I can't even remember what I was trying to make with all of the pre-planning... I think I might of been planning to write a small novel... or something. You will find it under Examples.rar. It has a picture accompanying it that I made using the map editor of Age of Empires III, later editing it in Photoshop.

Double Edit: I also have a tutorial (tips, really) that I wrote about a year and a half ago on here. It was to help people create more original names and less bland ones. It can be found here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,150.msg31628.html#msg31628
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 11:57:16 PM by purifier »

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
I could possibly take the server job, I have a relatively good computer, though i'm not too sure about the connection.

Broadband yes...just not one of the best. I could possibly run 16hrs a day, any more might bust my comp...although it is pretty good.

Donations welcome to help memory and broadband costs....(donations help keep the server running longer...hint)

I'm only restricting the time, because I used to have my computer on 24/7 for the last six years...and my power supply blew up about three months ago...and can cost £30 upwards for a replacement (that's $60 upwards for you americans)

Other than that, tell me what I need to do...
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 91
We're currently not doing anything with this, because we're waiting for Near Fantastica's Game Maker Studio.NET to be finished so we can start development. I'll PM everyone who expressed interest in this when we begin.

Rep:
Level 87
I can be a server, scripter, or music composer.

PM me / email me at pythonusr_@_gmail.com

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'd like to be a mapper.
If you want to see my work ask.  ;D
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
hi there please view my profile
http://www.manganimeniac.bravehost.com/personal_info.html

im really new in rpg makerxp but since i saw that its been run on ruby system i began to loved it.

Rep:
Level 87
I am a writer and could come up with a good storyline. PM me and I'll get with you to come up with an example.
Refrain from calculating your juvenile poultry prior to the incubation process's execution.

Rep:
Level 88
If I could be a mapper.
This is just a tiny sample from one of my games.

Spoiler for:
Example Map
Note the map is not done.
Im finishing tonight, and I will repost it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 01:19:36 AM by Rpg_Gnome »

Rep:
Level 88
I could join as a mapper or developer.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 05:27:45 PM by pliio8 »
Games in progress:
Tome of Arastovia: 7% complete at 2 hours of gametime