RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Nature's Embrace; Chapter I

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Alright, so I recently read an X-Men fanfic that inspired me, and so, I decided to start writing one of my own. This is my first ever attempt at a fanfic, so please R&R, C&C appreciated.

------------------------------
Disclaimers: I do not own any of the X-Men, or characters/locations related to them. All I own is one very warped mind, my computer, and Raphael, who's name and powers I pulled out of my rear. QQ.

Author's Note: The setting is sort of based off of the TV series, X-Men: Evolution, so some of the X-Men are teens. This is my first attempt at a fanfic, and I have been told that I'm not the best writer out there, so please, make any C&C constructive. Thanks! ^^

Warnings: None, really. Itty-bitty yaoi.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter I

Raphael Rosseau was a normal fifteen-year-old. Was, until about a week ago. He had gone to bed one night like any other night, but had awoken completely different. He suddenly had spiky, auburn hair. His ears had become nearly six inches long, slender and pointed, and his eyes had become catlike, yellow and gold-flecked. His skin had become a sort of olive-greenish tone, and he had tattoo-like markings covering his entire body.
   He had manifested strange abilities overnight as well. He could manipulate plants, and even thought he heard the cat saying “That’s the third this month!” after coughing up a fur ball. He wasn’t frightened by these powers, rather intrigued. He had always been close to nature. He loved taking long walks in the woods and sitting by a river for hours, just thinking, and often would whistle back to the birds, high in their trees.
   Never had he suspected that he would be paid a visit by two, unbeknownst to him at the time, important people. A man in a wheelchair, and an African woman had shown up his doorstep and introduced themselves as Professor Charles Xavier and Ororo Munroe. His parents invited them in, and they began the discussion about how Raphael was a very special boy, that he was different from the others at his school. The Professor explained how both he and Ororo were mutants, like Raphael. They told him and his parents that they could offer him a safe place, where he would be free from ridicule.
   And so, he came to the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters. As he was lead to his room, he drew several excited gasps and whispers from passing students, but paid little attention. He knew it was going to be hard for people to adjust to his appearance, and he didn’t want to make a big deal out of it. He was lead to his room by Ororo, and she gave a warm smile before turning to lead the other students to their rooms.
   Raphael noticed that there were two beds in the room, and was eager to meet his roommate. He had no friends here as of yet, and wanted someone to talk to.
   It was only seven, and a Friday, so Raphael figured it would be a good time to get some reading in. Pulling a book from his bag, he laid back on his bed and began to read. So lost was he in his book, that it went flying and he almost flipped out of bed when he heard a loud BAMPH!, accompanied by the smell of brimstone, and soon after, a “Guten abend.” Raphael looked up to see a slim, blue-skinned and furry… boy?
   “Umm… hi? I guess you’re my roommate,” Raphael said somewhat timidly.
   “Ja,” replied the boy. “My name is Kurt Wagner.” He had a thick German accent.
   “A pleasure to meet you, Kurt. I’m Raphael. Raphael Rosseau.”
   “The pleasure is mine, Raphael Raphael Rosseau.” This elicited a giggle from Raphael, as Kurt had taken his introduction a bit literally. The both smiled at each other, before Kurt continued.
“Would you care to join me for a walk in the garden? There doesn't seem to be much to do here in the mansion, other than read.” Noticing the book now on the floor, he picked it up and looked at the cover. "Shakespear, eh? His style is too much for me." He offered the book to Raphael. 
“It captivates me, somehow,” Raphael replied, taking the book. "And I'd love to join you." He stood up, smiled, and moved for the door, but before he could reach it, he felt his arm being grabbed by Kurt. He heard the BAMPH! again, smelled brimstone, and there was also a feeling of motion, but not like walking sort of motion… and then, he and Kurt were in the garden. Raphael exhaled loudly, then a grin spread across his face.
“That was amazing! I’m assuming your power is teleporting?”
“And making terrible jokes, ja,” Kurt replied with a smile. “And yours?”
Raphael looked around for a moment, then spotted a large bush. He moved towards it a bit, then placed his arms out in front of him, and began moving them in a seemingly random fashion. The bush began to reshape itself and grow larger, until it formed a cross.
   “Mein Gott,” was Kurt’s astonished reply. “How did you know I was Catholic?”
   Raphael giggled. “I didn’t, but that was the first thing that came to mind. Plus, I think I might be able to talk to animals.”
   “Well, since you’ve managed to keep an open dialogue with me, I’d say that’s a safe assumption, mein Freund.” They both laughed, before Kurt started down one of the many pathways leading all around the garden. The two talked for hours; described their lives, when they discovered their powers, etcetera. They shared ideas, radom musings, and their interests. Turned out that Kurt was interested in fencing, and that Raphael was a violinist and singer. Kurt had attempted the cello at some point, but decided it wasn't for him.
"Oh, come on now," Raphael insisted. "The cello isn't really that hard of an instrument to learn. I'm sure you'd do wonderfully, if you'd stick to it. And besides, I'll need a duet partner at some point." Kurt smiled.
"Perhaps I will take it up, just for you Raphael." Raphael blushed slightly at this.
"Well, I'll make you a deal. I'll help you learn cello if you teach me to fence."
"We have a deal, then," Kurt said as he offered his three-fingered hand to Raphael, whom took it and shook it. He surprised himself when he realized he enjoyed the soft, warm fur.
        Neither of them had any idea how much time had passed, until Raphael shivered, and looked at his watch.
“N-n-nine-thirty alr-r-ready!” he managed to say through his clenched, yet still clattering teeth.
“Ja, we’d best get back,” Kurt said. He moved closer to Raphael, and wrapped his arms and tail around him, and laid his head on his shoulder. Raphael waited for the rush of teleportation. When it didn’t come after almost ten seconds, he was about to speak when he heard a low “Shhhh…” from Kurt, then BAMPH!

~~~~~

They arrived back in their room, with a BAMPH! and the smell of brimstone. Kurt let his head up, and planted an ever-so-light kiss on Raphael’s forehead. He then stepped back, smiled, and said  “Guten Nacht, my new friend,” before removing his shirt and jeans, leaving him in his boxers and slipping into his bed. Raphael stuttered; “Errmm… uhh, yes… good night,” then did the same. As Raphael drifted off to sleep, he couldn’t help but feel that Kurt’s eyes were on him. And they were.
------------------------------
Author's Notes: Woo! So there's the first chapter. I appreciate reviews and such, as long as they're constructive. Flames will be laughed at, because I already know I suck. I took a little... okay, quite a bit of liberty with Kurt's personality, I suppose. But, all in good fun, right? And don't worry, there's going to be your stereotypical bad guy with the stereotypical laugh and stereotypical plot. Any suggestions for, well, anything, please PM them to me. Danke! xD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:22:21 AM by boe »
Signature in progress, but rest assured it will relate to Evanescence.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Reviews, anyone? I'd like some comments and criticizms, and maybe some suggestions before I start on the next chapter.
Signature in progress, but rest assured it will relate to Evanescence.