RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dream Theater: Score

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I know we have some DT fans here, or maybe they're already gone. NONETHELESS, they have a new album/DVD out, called "Score". It's yet another live album, but this time they do the 2nd half of their show with an orchestra.

I bought the DVD almost 2 weeks ago, and got the CD (which is 3 discs) a couple days ago. Since it's recorded live with an orchestra, the video on the DVD doesn't quite line up with the audio, but that's to be expected. For non-musicians and non-musically inclined people, that's alright, but for those of us that know SOMETHING about music it's a bit annoying, especially when panned over to the drums. A small complaint, though.

Something majorly wrong though is that in the orchestra, one - possibly two, I'm not sure yet - of the violins is HORRIBLY flat. It's not as noticible with the band playing, but orchestra alone, it's screechingly awful. Very disappointing. I'm sure Dream Theater did their best to correct this in post production, but there's only so much you can do. Some people may not notice it (as I've heard some people claim), but I'm not sure how you can't notice such an awful sound.

Still, if that's the only big problem, then you still have a pretty good album, right? Right. As far as DT goes, they were in top-notch performance. I've never heard James LaBrie sing as well as he did during this performance, and the rest of the band seems to uncomprehensibly (is that a word?) keep getting better. I for one was ecstatic to get this just to hear Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence performed live with an orchestra, all 40 minutes of it.

So has anyone else heard this album, or own it, or plan on getting it, or anything?
:tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Currently searching for torrents now :3
bringing sexy back

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Will download. I am a petty thief.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
You know, Halo, when you post something about DT it doesn´t sound like "Look at me, I´m kewl" like it does when Mental posts it.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Yeah, I know.  :)
:tinysmile: