RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Present day RPGs

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Are there any good RPG maker games set in present day out there? Like Earthbound for instance.
"All you do is to walk around the house all day, inhaling groceries and popping out pudding!"

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Have you seen my demo?

Course you haven't, the link is dead.

EDIT: Link is fixed, here's the link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4FR7FQYM
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 02:52:40 AM by arrowone »

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I am in the process of working on a game titled Faereality: A Modern Fairy Tale.  I'm almost through with a demo, but college has put production at a standstill.  I'll try to have it out soon. :P

Rep:
Level 96
Oooh, sounds like fun!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I'm also in the process of making a game =O

Can't give anything away yet though...

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yeah, that's why I never made a topic for mine...  Don't want to spoil anything before I even have a demo available.  I figure that the threads in the Projects/Games section get more views if you have "Demo available now!" in the subject line.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I almost gave up trying to make stories and games..not many people, if any, seem to like them.   :(    :'(

Rep:
Level 96
Don't give up man, that's just lame...

yeah. you always get better and better.
"All you do is to walk around the house all day, inhaling groceries and popping out pudding!"

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Oh.  Im not quiting.  Im in the procss of making another one.  Not very much RTP (if any), side-view battle-system, MP3's...and thats about it =O

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Are there any good RPG maker games set in present day out there?

*big cough*

Yeah, I know it´s not done, but gimme some more time. :)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

I wanna attempt a game like this except the main character would be a character who would turn into a Biometal to fight much like the animes Guyver and Generator Gawl.  Hopefully I go through with my concept since I really have taught my self RPG Maker and I usually give up when things don't work or boredom sets in.

Any advice about how to go through with an RPG Maker game?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Unless you are going to use 100% original resources, you will have problems with selling your game. Then RPG Maker is not even the best choice, since you are using totally original resources anyway.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 11:57:45 AM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

I have heard of a Culumbine RPG.....

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yes, it was featured in the Washington Post a while back, and made a bit of a splash in this very forum because the screenshots shown in the newspaper were obviously from RPG Maker 2000, although no credit was given to RM or Don Miguel.

I tried it. It sucks.

I tried it. It sucks.

If you are referring to the game I said, yeah, others said that to.

My issue is the the news displayed the game as (even though they didn't use the words) a evil game.

Then talked how children can download violent games, I was like "Well DUH!"

Now I truly know that the news is biased.

My GW Character. Hes cool
Who is Don Miguel? Is he like the godfather of RPG maker or something? Sorry if this sounds noobish but i dont tend to keep up with this kind of thing

Who is Don Miguel? Is he like the godfather of RPG maker or something? Sorry if this sounds noobish but i dont tend to keep up with this kind of thing

I think he is the creator of the Columbine RPG.

Rep:
Level 89
clearly you haven't used RPG maker that long
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Don Miguel introduced RPG Maker to the U.S. by translating RM2K.  He is revered as a godlike figure in RM user's minds.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Beware if you go looking for the Columbine game.  I have a friend who got a virus from downloading it.  Don't get it if you don't trust the site you find it on.