RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] FFAOS 2

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
For those of you who weren't at crankeye.org:

http://slyph.org/index/content/view/81/139/

So this time, you can stream it if you want, rather than downloading them all. And rather than give a big huge post like I normally do, I'll just leave a few comments and that's it.

Firstly, I realize there are a lot of what I describe as "popping" sounds, on the track "Epilogue (FF IV)". I tried for several hours to get a recording without these sounds in it, but this is the best I could do, so I apologize. And actually, as I'm typing this, I've heard a similar sound recurring throughout the track "The Prelude (FF IV)" as well. I'm thinking it has to do with the type of Flute instrument I used in both tracks, as I normally don't use that one. Anyway, it's not nearly as bad as I'm making it out to be.

Also, there is apparently some clipping in a few tracks, most notably "Eternity ~Memories Of Lightwaves~ (FF X-2)", but I am actually not experiencing it myself, so maybe you'll be lucky and you won't either.

On the good side though, I'm very proud of these arrangements. There's more variety this time around: Brass Suite, Percussion Ensemble, Chamber Music, Full Orchestra (almost), Rock, Jazz, and of course, several piano pieces, including a piano duet.

Again, they're all featuring Final Fantasy, most notably #4. I included a song from 10 and 10-2 because I don't plan on doing an "album" for either of those games. There are a few other non-FF games here as well, and including an original of mine, "Horse Called War", which seems to be my most popular song I've written, and felt it deserved a better quality version.

So, without further ado, the tracklist:

1. Warrior Of The Reviving Light (Shining Force II)
2. Red Wings (FF IV)
3. The Big Whale (FF IV)
4. Into The Darkness (FF IV)
5. Ending (FF X)
6. Another World (Percussion Ensemble) (Chrono Cross)
7. Cry In Sorrow (FF IV)
8. Battle In The Dungeon (Brass Suite) (FF XI)
9. Golbeza Clad In The Dark (FF IV)
10. Horse Called War (HOTSOMS)
11. Eternity ~Memories Of Lightwaves~ (FF X-2)
12. Boss Fight (Piano Duet) (FF IV)
13. Main Theme Of Final Fantasy IV
14. Tower Of Zot (FF IV)
15. Hikari (Kingdom Hearts)
16. Dungeon Theme (7th Saga)
17. Rydia (FF IV)
18. The Final Battle (FF IV)
19. Epilogue (FF IV)
20. The Prelude (FF IV)

I'll be starting on some original work now, which I haven't done in a while. I'll be doing more of these, but not for a while anyway, so enjoy these for now, and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to listen to these. And, as always, all comments are welcome. 

http://slyph.org/index/content/view/81/139/

Quote from: arrowone
it kicks all kinds of ass.

Quote from: Yossy
So far I have downloaded only Into the Darkness and Boss Fight (ff4).  Both of them are AWESOME...

Quote from: Silverline
Totally <3 at Garritan , I wish I could use it  You used alot of stuff I'd have never throught of, both instrument wise and also in things like backing tracks, interludes and little solos here and there

Picking out a few favourites~

Red Wings
I always liked this track from FFIV, and also the OGC version, this is another one to add to my list ^U^ I like the little interlude and how you snucka chunk of the main FFIV theme in there =D

Into The Darkness
That long reverse cymbal is awesome =0 I wish I had something similar ;-;. It sounds almost a little creepy at times,but confident in itself, almost jazzy =0

Another World Percussion Ensemble
Totally  at this  this made me wide-eyed when I first heard it =0 Very nicely done

Battle In The Dungeon
This sounds Hitoshi Sakimoto like, and so of course I like it 

Horse Called War
Definately worthy original composition  I like this enough to have my own go at arranging it =p

Hikari
Nice brass  Pretty relaxing

Epilogue
 Awesome way to start the end of the album  I like the buildup, and you refrained from going over the top =D

The Prelude
Nice mellow ending  the harp sounds perfect 

Quote from: GilgameshRO
I'm too lazy to write my full thoughts on each song right now, but I thought it was fantastic.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:16:51 AM by irock »
:tinysmile: