RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Game Script. (Side Scrolling)

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
==================Valcon Sky 1====================
(Side-scrolling game script =D)

Prolouge:
     Both Lance and Ren had been enjoying their stay at the town of Amestra.  Lance had been tossed out of the organization known as ECLIPSE for unknown reasons developed by their leader, Einte. However, the boy known as 'Ren', one of the seven beings crated by Einte, escaped with Lance upon his leave without the leader knowing. 

The peace, however, ended abruptly when the town fell under attack by three of Einte's other creations.  It seemed as though they had come for Ren, who was never supposed to have gone in the first place.  However, Lance wouldn't let them touch Ren, since he was not like the rest of them.

Now Lance and ren flee the burning town, running for their lives.

===============================================
(Beginning-Scene1. Script)

(Lance) Damn it...thier a percistant bunch.

(Ren) Their coming because of me....maybe I should just go with them.  That way..no one will be hurt.

(Lance) No way! Even if you do go...their not going to stop.  Were getting you out of here!

-Level 1: Burning town Amestra starts.-

(Scene2.  After reaching the end of the town)

(Lance) Damn it! a dead end!

(Ren)....

(????) hahaha...

*Woman with long, blonde hair appears*]

(Ren) L-Lust!?

(Lust) My,my.  Wrath...you still remember little 'ol me?

(Lance) Damn you! Why can't you all just leave us alone!? were causing no trouble for your sick organization!

(Lust) Calm down love.  It's not my choice anyway...If I had my say then I wouldn't even be in this pit of a town.

(Ren/Wrath) Then leave!

(Lust) My,my...you must be hard on hearing.  *chuckle* If we go back empty handed then we get the beating.  However...if your the one brought in then you can take it for all of us.

(Lance) Like hell! Im not letting you get your foul hands touch any part of him!

(Ren) B-but...what did I do?

(Lust) You ran.  You an away from the mistress.  That's reason enough.  No one get's away, you know.  Right?

(???)Right!!!

*A stream of fire pierces Lance's shoulder and foces him against the large gate behind Lust.  A man with long, dark hair and golden armour emerges carrying a gargantuan sword.*

(???) Heh, heh.  Man..that was easy! I can't belive YOU used to be part of ECLIPSE.

(Lance) ugh....R-ren...

(Lust) Good timing Envy.

(Wrath) Ah! L-Lance!!!

*Wrath beings to move to Lance but if caught by Lust.*

(Lust) Heh.  Well...that was easy..

(Wrath) Ugh...let me go!

(Lust) It was your own stupid mistake for trying to help that boy.  Now...your comming back with me.

*Lust dissolves, along with Wrath.  Envy takes a few steps closer to Lance.  Lance stands up, wounded.*

(Lance) Damn it!! R-Ren!  You bastards! give Ren back!

(Envy) Hah! Yeah, keep dreaming.  Now it's time to finish you off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BOSS FIGHT!:  Envy of the flame.~~~~~~~~~~
Health: 1 bar.
Weakness: None.
Abilities/Attacks:Destription.(Damage):

-Sword slice: Leaps forward and slashes up diagonaly.(4)

-Flaming pillar: Tosses 3 Red Creta onto the ground.  The creta the sends a stream of fire straight into the air which lasts 3 or so seconds before diminishing. (5)

-Earth Shock: Jumps up into the air.  As he comes down he holds his sword bellow him and pierces the earth with it.  As it's down, balls of fire will randomly fire up from the ground and travel straight into the air, off screen.  This attack lasts around 4-5 seconds. (3)

How to beat him:You will start off with some of your life gone because of Envy's last attack.  However, that wil not really matter here.

Envy starts by using one of his three attacks, then pauses, then preformes two more then pauses again and repeats.  If you see him leap at you then slide under him and attack him from behind. If Envy pulls out 3 red orbs and tosses them into the air then watch thier movement.  They will fall to the ground and spit out a pillar of flame straight into the air.  You can't jump over it so make sure your in a safe zone before it happens.  Envy will not attack now, but he does when you fight him later.  As Envy leaps high into the air and off-screen for a moment, watch for when he comes falling back down.  he will plunge his sword into the earth and cause fireballs to pop up in random places, so be on your toes and try to get in attacks as he sits there while dodging the fire balls.  Once yu get in the last hit then the battle ends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Scene3.  After beating Envy)

(Envy) Damn you kid.

(Lance) Heh....now..tell me..where you've taken..Wrath!

(Envy) Your not the brightest one...are you? Heh, heh, heh...where do you think we brought him? back to our 'home' of course.  Not that you really need t know.

*Envy tosses a red stone at the badly bruised Lance.  The stone explodes half-way there and everything goes white.*

(Scene3. After fighting Envy.  Inside of home.)

*Lance is lying in a bed.

(Lance) Ugh..w-where am I?

(???) Ah.  You have awakened.  That was quite a beating you took.  I am surprised you managed to survive it without sustaining More damage.

*Lance sits up.

(Lance) What? Who are you? How did I get here?

(Man) Ha, ha, ha...My, my...your full of questions.  I'm not surprised.  I am surprised that you can not remember me, though.  I can remember you...Lance.

(Lance) Ugh...I-I just can't.....I can't remember seeing you anywhere.

(Conrad) I'm Dr.K or....I used to be.  Now I'm known as Dr.Conrad.

(Lance)Y-your Dr.K?!  B-but I thought you died..? that's what they told us.

(Conrad)No.  I never died...they just used that excuse to cover up the fact that I was the fist to get away from them.  I never liked the hellish experiment's they made me do...so I left.  Of course..they didn't let me leave.  i had to sneak out.

(Lance)Oh....And here we were thinking you had died.

(Conrad) Heh. Where's that boy who used to follow you everywhere? is he still around these days?

(Lance) Wrath! D-damn it!

*Lance stands up.

(Conrad) Whoa! calm down.  Did I strike a nerve or something?

(Lance) N-no.  They have Wrath...and it's...it's my fault.

(Conrad) Who are 'they', exactly?

(Lance) The others......Lust took him.  I almost had Envy but....something happened...I can't remember anything after that.

(Conrad)So he came with you?  Hmm...this is not good. If I know them, which I do, then Wrath will not last long.  What exactly...did you do to get the others after you?

(Lance) They kicked me out...saying something about plotting against them.  Wrath sunk out with me.  It was strange though...they never killed me.  They just.....let me go free.

(Conrad) Strange indeed.  Einte usually would have killed you on the stop for the suspicion of treason. 

(Lance)But..I don't care about that now.  I need to get Wrath back.

(Conrad)Then let me assist you.  If you plan to go against Einte and the ECLIPSE then you'll need all the help you can get.

(Lance) Thanks.  But...is this really enough?  I mean...can two people really pull it off?

(Conrad)  Hah.  Well...I suppose your right.  I do know of a few others who might be willing to help.  However.....they don't live close to here...and my car has been gone for quite some time.

(Lance) So then....we shall walk?

(Conrad) It seems as though that is our only option...so yes.  We shall walk.  However, you should prepare yourself.  There are many strange beings walking among the plains outside the town.

(Lance) Right!
===========================================================
(Scene4.  Returning to Conrad's house.)

(Conrad) So, are you ready?

Yes/No selection appears.

----------If you select "No."
(Conrad) Well, come back when you are.  I'll be waiting

*Exits the home.

----------If you select "Yes."
(Conrad) Good.  So am I.  Now that we are ready, let us get going.  We have a long walk ahead of us.

(Lance) Right.  Let's get moving.
==========================================================
-Level 2: Desert of Arruay starts-
==========================================================
(Scene5. After reaching the end of the level.

*The ground starts to shake.*

(Lance) What in the hell!?

(Conrad)  It must be one of those creatures.  There seems to be a lot of creta shards in this area...

(Lance) Then that means-

*A large serpent emerges from the earth.*

(Lance)Damn.  I guess we will have to take care of this before moving on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BOSS FIGHT!:  Sand Dweller.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Health: 1 and 1/2 bars..
Weakness: Sword.  Water creta
Abilities/Attacks:Description.(Damage):

-Flaming breath: The serpent raises it's head to the top of the screen then fire out a stream of fire fro it's mouth which reaches the far-left side of the area.  The serpent lowers until it almost touches the ground then stops. (4)

-Devil's Breath: The creature scurries down into the sand.  After a second or two it's face will appear on the ground and fire of a large fire ball.  The face will appear very quickly and launch of the fire ball with great speed.  It appears in random areas up to 3-4 times. (5)

-Bite-Bite: The monster launches it's head at you quickly in an attempt to bite you.  If it does, Lance will be tossed to the edge of the area. (4)

How to beat him:Not as hard as it may seem.  The Sand Dweller does not move from the right side of the screen unless it's going to attack, so that's partially a good thing.  If you took the time to buy 3-4 ice creta while back in town then you can take a LOT of it's health away.  However, if you didn't then it's going to be harder.

The Sand Dweller will move up and down.  When it's head nears the bottom jump and attack it.  Watch out if it tries to take a bite out of you.  It will always lock on to your current position before trying to bite you, so when you see it launch forward move away.  It stays in that spot for a second or two so get in attack then as well.

If you see the creature lift it's head to the very top of the screen then ready yourself for when it launches a stream of fire ahead of it.  The head will lower, carrying the fire with it.  However, if your ducking then you should not be hit. Try to get in close enough to toss a creta at it as it finishes it's attack.

When the Sand Dweller burrows it's self into the sand the watch out.  This is where it goes for it's not deadly move.  Soon after it vanishes it's head will pop up from under the sand and fire out a large fire ball.  Make sure you get away from this! it causes heavy damage.  It randomly pops up in different locations until it does it about 3-4 times.  It then re-appears to the right of the screen and pulls off another attack.

Once it reaches 0 health it will die and dissolve.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Well, that's it for now.  More to come later =D)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:23:25 AM by boe »