RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A question / Random Rant

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Why can nobody make a game on their own anymore? Why do people always have to work in groups? They never work, i thought it was a good idea too but it really isnt, group projects never work.

Making a game on your own is so much easier, what is the sudden obcession with people needing help?

The modern day RPG Maker relies on help, they dont try and learn for themselves. When people first got RPG Maker, they had to learn for themselves. Nobody does, these forums get the same questions every day because nobody can be bothererd to learn. I dont know about anyone else, but i learned myself, the only thing i needed help on was mapping, but that doesnt really count.

But back to the main thing, why cant anybody make a game? Why does everyone need to be in a group?

Okay i had a random urge to say this but yea.

This is almost like a random rant, but meh.

Rep:
Level 91
This is probably gonna be locked, or moved, or both. But lots of people work on their own. Most people who us RPGMakers are not used to doing the amount of work and thought the good games take, so they want someone to back them up.

Rep:
Level 91
inaru- it won't be locked, and i find it too belong to move, and don't forget it's not you who made this post, it's a mod
hail the mods -.-

lol, here is a random rant for you, what's up with the mod hailing?

ok let's continue with dwarra's post

now, i would normally disagree just for the sake of seeing if i can actually find a reasonable explanation.
this time though i have to agree, people are lazy.
when people can't learn a stupid thing like variables and switches on their own then we got to a very very sad point.

variable are 1st grade math , and anyone who can't figure out that they are THE SAME as switches only with more modes proves the point

and it is easier to do it on your own, the problem is, it get's boring
you need someone to set some deadlines for you and do the dirty work and such
but it never work if the leader can't lead or if the team can't think

i, myself, find it hard to finish a game, it gets boring at a point and you hate your game no matter what, thats when you need the help, but sadly people try and get that help before they start

mostly, those projects not only fail, they never even start.
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
That's very true, BlueXx.

I work on my game alone. I only seek help when I need resources like a
battler or an original music piece. I sometimes get bored if I've been doing
a lot of work, but I've never hated my game.
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: Master_of_Time
That's very true, BlueXx.

I work on my game alone. I only seek help when I need resources like a
battler or an original music piece. I sometimes get bored if I've been doing
a lot of work, but I've never hated my game.

you never hated your game? does this remind you of something:
"i am thinking of stopping my game, it doesn't look like a zelda game... i will make a new one instead"

that's what i mean by hating= not being pleased with how the game is looking
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 92
Oh. Well....okay, then I guess I have hated it once or twice. LOL

I thought you meant something like "OMG, This game sucks! I don't know
why I ever started it! I'm deleting everything! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!"

Lol, maybe it'd be better if people made one or two games before they tried a group project? And they should atleast make sure the person they're working with isn't an amateur.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
These are all great points. I don't really understand either why so many people need so MUCH help, when I, like several others here, learned how to use the program(s) on my own. I guess they just don't want to take the time to mess around with it and figure it out on their own. You have to test it, which is essential to making a game. TESTING!! I can understand if you've tried to figure it out, but just can't, then there is no shame in asking for help.

As for group projects; they sound better than they really are. You need everyone in that group to be totally dedicated, or it just falls apart. I've decided it's easier just to do it yourself, and if you need a specific resource, hunt it down yourself, make it, or request it.

I like ranting.  :^^:
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 92
Yeah, ranting is fun. And you are 100% correct about the group team thing.
Everyone has to be commited and everyone has to do their fair share of work.
And if you keep them on track and focused, then you might as well give up.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Good to see im not the only one  8)