RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
black space

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Okay, when I add a background on the first level or any of the others, and then put, say a boat or tree on it, either a black or white space surrounds it and I had no problem with this in the earlier RPG makers.  I'm using the RPGmaker XP Knights Postality version and I would like to figure out how I could possibly get rid of these spaces.

Errr... If I'm undertanding you right.

The white space behind a boat or a tree are transparent colors. You can't place a boat or a tree on the first layer. Only on second and third.
First is for grass, flooring, water, etc.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
there are second and third layers, up by the top on the left side, they are represented by orange and white papers, click the second or third one then put down that boat, tree etc.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
I dont think thats whats wrong, as he said he didnt have this problem with earlier versions, and both of those have layering...

I think its an importing error.
When you import it, click on the colour you want to become transparent :)