RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[SUGGESTION] A new forum..

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
How about we split up the tutorial forum into two forums, one for actual tutorials and another for requests for tutorials.  That way if you want to browse tutorials you can goto there and not be fooled by topics that sound like it's a tutorial, when it's actually just a request.

Rep:
Level 91
and that will mean the tutorial forum will be almost empty...
you see the requests keep flying and instead of making tutorials (which is sort of pointless) they are being answered

there is enough room in this ... help forum, for the 3 tutorials in it and the questions and answers part , no need to split it Xx
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
yeah a tutorials database for actuall tuts! YES brilliant!

i vote YES!
Go suck a lemon! lol

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I think the best would be to keep it in 1 forum where people first in subject of the topic type either REQUEST: if it is a request, or TUTORIAL: if it is a tutorial. Then followed by what the normally would say.
If some topics doesn't fit in either catagori they would be easily recognized.

Otherwise I think the idea proposed is good.

Reasons I think it would be a good idea to split it up into two:

1.) As it is now people are using the tutorial forum for general help requests, which should either go in troubleshooting or general discussion boards.

2.) Trying to find a tutorial in the tutorial forum (if it's not sticky) is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

3.) People who are knowledgable in RM would probably be more apt to write tutorials if they know people will be able to find them fairly easy.

4.) There's really no good reason that I can think of not to do this.

Rep:
Level 90
I dont really mind ... either way this whole forum is good. I like the people here who help when theres help needed ...
MSN CHAT-

BlueXx says: Why would i lie to someone as dumb as you?

Kite says: Cuz i'm as dumb as me

BlueXx says: Good point

The idea of putting [REQUEST] or [TUTORIAL] in topic would be ok too.  I'm willing to moderate the tutorial forum... I'm online about 10 hours a day so could easily move topics that don't belong there to the right spots :P

Rep:
Level 91
:roll: but ppl, there are only 3 tutorials... think about it...

and anyways, when ppl ask questions they get answered within 2-3hours usually so even though it's a request it also becomes a non-sticky tutorial in a way...

so why the hell spliting them up?  :whoa:
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Your wrong blueXX, there are more. For starters, there is my mapping tutorial, and my switches tutorial. Echo has a variable tutorial, the how to make an rpg tutorial and Zxmelee has 4 or 5. There are others, its just they die!

Rep:
Level 90
bluexx do you want to try to make a sticky on the fourm i am pming you the detials