RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Advanced side-view battle system (does not require battlers)

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Yeah, I've got some really cool animations started up. I'm making this resource pack right? Well I have animations and shit set up for it and everything. I just need it so they don't take that step forward before using a skill.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
okie out of curiousity, this uses charsets for the battle system, right?  so does it have to be the defualt charset for the character or can we have a custom one of battles?
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 96
I used a custom by changing the set just before the battle begins. I have an example of this in the resource pack I'm making for Mega Man X, which should hopefully be finished before the end of this month.

Rep:
Level 89
good idea.  thanks ^^

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
 ???I get an error can someone help???

Can someone help???????

I get the error in battle!

Please Fix it and return!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ISGMAWIM

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Great job im totally using this in my game!, and yes you will be either in the opening credits or the ending credits!
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
okie out of curiousity, this uses charsets for the battle system, right?  so does it have to be the defualt charset for the character or can we have a custom one of battles?
Sorry for double post but I wanted to answer your question, yes, take the custom charecter and make a battler that has the same name you dont have to make a new battler just use the charecter as in the box set for the charecter as the battler as long as it has the same name as the charecter it will use the custom charecter, make sense lol?
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 89
is it possible to edit this script so it notifies the player when a character when they level up?  it doesn't have to be anything fancy, just informing the player that a level up has occurred.  maybe informing the user if a new spell is learned as well.  as of now this script only tells exp and money gained and not levels.

Rep:
Level 89
i take it the lack of response means no...

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
I was woundering if there is a way to make it so the battle sprites are different from the normal walking around sprites. I've been wanting to use this character in battle but I don't want her to be walking around in battle stance all the time.

Or does that require a different script?

EDIT: I tried doing the whole "Change Hero graphic" thing but it just makes her bug up during battle :/ It will work if her walking sprite is the battle sprite, but if I change anything she bugs up.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 01:39:34 AM by HowlingWinds »

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
@darkelementwars, yes this is possible. I can not assure you I will do this, but when Ive got some spare time I will.

@HowlingWinds, Minkoff from hbgames.org made a special animation script for those sprites. Also, ccoa's sidevieuw battle system, which is superior to the one posted here, also handles those sprites.
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
Well this script was work yesterday but now I keep getting this ><

On that line of the script it says: "for i in x...x + width"
How do I fix this?  ???

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Well this script was work yesterday but now I keep getting this ><

On that line of the script it says: "for i in x...x + width"
How do I fix this?  ???
I'm working on two projects right now, and the one that uses mostly RTP graphics gets that same error, but the one I'm working on with mostly custom graphics doesn't. It's driving me crazy because the one that gets the error is the one that I've put more work into and am closer to being done (1.5 hours of gameplay down, 75+ left to go). The one that works perfectly fine is one I just started on five minutes ago.

EDIT: I figured out how to fix this problem by accident: base MP cannot be zero. Make sure all allies and enemies have a BASE MP of at LEAST 1.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 04:24:25 AM by Irgna »
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Okay... I tried it in a test game and it worked like a charm, but when I pasted it into my main game it gets all buggy every time they try to attack. Anyone know what's wrong?

Edit: It only happens when I use original characters. Using the pre-made ones work fine.

Edit2: Sorry for repeating a question.

Same thing happens here. He keeps running in place.

Ahhhm... Yes
this is a really awesome script, but is there a way to slow down the charaters a bit? They look like they're flying across the map.

Rep:
Level 88
"Ohh Yea!"
Hey Craig^ sup*
Well i agree it is an awesome script but is is a lil fast... I'm sure if i felt like looking through the code I could figure out how to make it slower, but seeing as I'm pretty new to Ruby, though from what I've been reading and learning from the tuts, its not that different from javascript, but I don't really want to take the time, maybe someone else can figure it out. But yea, an awesome script! Oh, and is possible to use custom sprites with this script, I really cant tell from the previous pages but I looked.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 05:07:32 AM by jblair »
Yes, I Made Those!

Rep:
Level 96
Yes, but you have to do a small amount of eventing before/during/after battles. Not that difficult actually.

Rep:
Level 88
"Ohh Yea!"
Yes, but you have to do a small amount of eventing before/during/after battles. Not that difficult actually.

is that for the custom sprites, or slowing it down?
Yes, I Made Those!

Rep:
Level 96
Customs, sorry, should have said.

If you find out how to slow them down/speed up life decreasing, lemme know.

wakka wakka wakka
omg seriously i may be new at this so i do not know wat is  good or not but i love this script

edit: waaaah  please tell wat events to put becuase i really want to use my mario battle sprites
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 01:44:02 AM by ferret522 »

Rep:
Level 88
"Ohh Yea!"
don't you just have to put the sprite sheet with the same name as the the character sprite sheet into the battlers folder?
Yes, I Made Those!

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
I need help, my characters aren't moving in the battle. I'm using the pre-made default sprites.

Help me!!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 09:51:54 PM by bulls84 »

Rep:
Level 88
EVIL DOGGY!!!! CATS RULE!
Awesome job mate. I am using this in my game for sure. Full credit to you.
DO NOT LOOK HERE!!!!!
WHY DID YOU LOOK!!! YOU DISOBEDIENT FOOL

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Ok i looked at every post and there dont seem to be an answer for how to stop the monsters and characters moving when using a bow or magic etc? how do you do it.
Leons Vengance
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,24854.0.html

Project: Leons Vengance
Overall:10%
Maps:7%
Story:8%
Sidequests:4%
Database: 30%

Rep:
Level 87
Hell Hath No Fury
Thats an awesome script. I will use it in a future project. Don't worry, I will credit you.  :)
Like, one time, I played RPG Maker, and I liked it.