RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What do you dislike in ATB Systems?

Scripter
Rep:
Level 36
I want to know what are disliked in specific atb systems or the atb system concept in general. Just feel free to share that  :)
For instance, I dislike atb systems with:
Fixed atb wait condition
- Sometimes I might want to be more relaxed, so I might want the atb wait condition to be true whenever a party member can act(the loosest atb wait condition); Sometimes I might want more challenges, so I might want the atb wait condition to be true only when an action's executing or a message's displaying(the strictest atb wait condition). Therefore as a player, I want to be able to change the atb wait condition on the fly.
Hidden actor atb bars
- To me, it's like hiding the actor hp, mp and/or tp bars. As atb bars display their actors' atb values, which is one of the most important information in atb system battles, I want to be able to keep track of them easily. At least, if the actor atb bars are hidden by default, I want to be able to change that to be shown instead.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I agree with both of your thoughts. I don't really have anything else to add though, sorry. ;9

Scripter
Rep:
Level 36
1 more point to add:
Slow atb refill speed(from empty to full) - While almost or just instant atb refill speed results in ctb, I don't want to play with atb systems having average atb refill speed as more than 10 seconds(in the past I've briefly measured my tolerance on this and it's roughly 6 seconds at most). As a player, I feel that it's just wasting my time lol