RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
suggestions for new router - latest wireless protocol is what?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
posting from my phone which is a major pain in the ass:

new router. price range 140 or less preferred. gonna have to hunt around at bestbuy/officemax/sams.

suggestions as to specs I should look for? have a brother who torrents, my mom is on lots of mobile devices, I stream games constantly and would appreciate a stable connection/upload speed.

bought a wireless adapter from buffalo, can find the name of it when i'm not posting from work. pretty sure it's compatible with the latest letter/number combo wireless, just need to know what is 'decent' in terms of routers. I've never bought on personally before.

also, since it's for my mom, a well known name would be nice. she'll want tech support available, so cisco/linksys/etc is a plus.

EDIT:

No router purchase required. I fucking knew it too. Charter: 0, Me: 1. Dumbasses.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:25:53 AM by Arrow »