RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Main and Travel Inventory + Inventory View

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Supporter - I just don't talk much
Apologies in advance if this is easily doable through currently available scripts but I'm not very proficient at scripting/events yet as of now - or if there was anything I messed up on.

This is a very large request I realize, so I might just up and recommend working on and/or suggesting how to do each small part, while leaving up the option for the rest of the functions to be added together later.

======

To better explain what I mean in the subject I have two points I would like to address -
The goal of this idea is to provide a better way of managing and balancing the inventory but without limiting the player from continuing to collect items and to prevent items from being lost due to having been at item count cap.

Problems :
1.) Player is able to bring in too many items (like say 99 party revival feathers) which can make certain encounters more trivial - so a limit to how much an individual item can be carried may be used.
2.) Player has a cap number of items (say if I limited the party revival feathers to 10 max, or even if it is still 99 for a simpler item) and therefore may lose the extra items if they gain any from combat/event while they are at/close to cap especially if they can't tell if an item is capped (would like to save space in an item's help description preferably).
3.) Players may be able to collect a lot of items or say materials for an item but will lose a lot of excess items due to the limitation.

These are important for say providing a really rare and useful item but limiting how much is carried - or for a game that is generous and revolves around providing a lot of items, but would still like to limit it's use in fields. (I'm considering both for my game)

----------

So addressing the first item in the subject, essentially I was thinking of having -
  • A Main Inventory that can hold 99 or 999 (customizable maximum) which is viewable at all times and have items usable when in designated areas
  • and a Travel Inventory that can hold only a cap amount of each item (customizable maximum per item, different cap from Main Inventory) for field areas
This system excludes equipment and key items also, this is just for consumables.

The two inventories can be accessed at any time for looking through/organizing, but only the travel inventory can be used in battle/field.
The two inventories cannot transfer items unless in a designated safe-area or as an event call at spots such as before transitioning from safe-area into a field.
Excess items obtained in the field that overflow the Travel Inventory will be moved to Main Inventory.
The two inventories preferably would be under the inventory option (Key and Equip category separate from this system) - then splitting into sub-categories for sorting/organization. Having better ease in customization would be greatly appreciated.

The window that can be called where you transfer items between two inventories can be located side-by-side each with a single column each. Pressing left and right will move between Main and Travel, and selecting an item can prompt how much you would like to move over if more than one is available.

----------

The second one might be much simpler? Small supplement stuff for inventory-related stuff. I haven't done a very good job searching/experimenting I admit but what I would like is 2 things actually -

To go along with putting individual item count caps -
instead of displaying x21 for example, but rather
21 / 25 (a.k.a. 21 out of 25)

And the other would be like in some RPGs like Mana Khemia - items once listed (or can be displayed as ??) will still keep it's place in the inventory, but will just have 0 / 99 (or whatever the cap is) next to it

======

Not sure on the difficulty of these, so compromises and/or workaround suggestions for methods are welcome for the ease of development - but it would be great if most if not all were completed nonetheless.

Apologies again if you have any issues with this request. As well, if there is anything I could have explained better and/or anything I could have provided I will try my best to assist in the process.

Please and thank you for looking over the script request, no urgency and I believe this may be useful for many RPG ideas I hope. I would like to use this request for my own production I am currently planning, although I don't promise it'd ever see much completed development for a long while.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:48:08 AM by midnightnya »
-DShou (Shoushi Star)