RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVXA] Event touch OR Player touch (both at once)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
1 or 2, both at once... I know it's worded weird, but this is what I'm wondering.

Example 1 -
Guard A is on duty, he's patrolling.
 Event touch: The player can run into him, without activating the event. :\
 Player touch: If the player stands still, the event won't activate. ::\\
Is there a way to have it check for ANY collision with the player?

Example 2 -
Guard B is on duty, he's patrolling. I want this to happen -
 Event touch (he caught you): Battle process starts against guard like normal.
 Player touch (you snuck up): You get a preemptive strike on him.

but how do I do this? I can set the event to either Player touch, or Event touch... but not both.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
I don't know if this will work, I just got this idea from the top of my head at 5:30am in the morning, so forgive me  :V
Why don't you add a parallel event with a conditional branch 'if switch ... is on'? put the 1st page of the soldier sprite as event/player touch, use the selfswitch A/B option, and event whatever is necessary in the 2nd page while turning on the switch on the 2nd page aswell?
なんでやねん