RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Impossibly Not Regularly Occurring AoE2:HD Night!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Alright FOOLS.

So this happened recently and it's fairly awesome.  By fairly, of course I mean gorgeous and fantastic.

So here's what I'm thinking.

Fridays, ~7pm or 8pm EST we form up in IRC, and then proceed to have some long and awesome FFA matches in AoE2HD.  Like the olden days.  We can Skype voice chat ( except Roph because Roph never talks so he can Skype voice listen ), form alliances, move dicks, and generally fuck around with history.

So.

Buy this*
Download this
Get on this
Add us on this
AND BE ONLINE!

Next AoE2:HD Night:
Friday, April 12th, 2013 - 7 to 8pm Eastern Standard Time(UTC -5) form up in #crankeye.

Steam ID's to add:
NAMKCOR
Roph
...your name here?...

*If you legit can't afford a copy I'm sure I could do something about that.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 06:08:54 PM by Ser Strike Reyhi »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
You fuckers gotta do this when I work B(
I'm down for any tuesday/thursday games

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
general comment about timezones grumble grumble :mad:
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I also think having it at a late time is a large burden because we have so many European members here.

no one cares about the australians though :mad:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Well what would be a better time?  I can adjust it as needed.

Also Sword: let's play tonight ;o

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I think just setting it a couple hours back would offset the difference. I mean, as it stands, Skanker for example would have to be up at 2-3am to participate.

The time fits perfectly into my schedule, so I have no concerns. I do like what Dr_Swordopolis said about Thursdays, though; people usually have plans Friday and Saturday nights, outside the realm of cyberspace.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
We could do thursdays, but I couldn't join in until like 9pm due to my train schedule, assuming I work that night.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I'm good typically on saturdays.

Of course I don't have AOE2 yet but still.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sophist
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I'm up for it.
As for game times, well you start one whenever you start one and if I'm available to do it, I will do it.

no one cares about the australians though :mad:
I would have laughed, but there were a few things I read on gaming related posts recently that suggest that's far more true than I initially believed ;9
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I just threw a time out there, we can be flexible with it.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
It's a bit lame to always be rushing. I play more for fun, allies for an hour or so, then a big battle climax. It's not starcraft.
bringing sexy back

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
roph the proper term is dick move

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
No, that's when an ally builds a tower inside your city and then goes hostile on you.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
To be fair, he was the one who went hostile on me.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It's a bit lame to always be rushing. I play more for fun, allies for an hour or so, then a big battle climax. It's not starcraft.

I didn't rush, it was castle age when I attacked you at first, and it was a 75 pop game, and I was almost at cap as it was.  If you wanted a cease-fire until Imperial or Post Imperial you could have said so instead of spamming "start the game already" in pregame chat.

Tbh I don't find it fun to play sim city for an hour and a half, and then have a big pointless battle, I like thinking strategically against my opponents and actually competing with them.  I don't want to spend almost two hours watching my villagers werk werk werk because I know nothing is going to happen.  If I wanted to watch a bunch of maxed out armies fight each other, I could make a map in the editor and bypass the two hours of tedium.

It's not Starcraft, true, but it still is an RTS.  Its a game genre that allows for intense battles of wit and command.  AoE2 is just slower than Starcraft, and has more resources.

If you want to build cities for two hours, that's cool, I just won't ask to play games with you anymore.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
You can ask anyone here; I never take the game seriously when I play. Most of the time I don't ever even attack, I just set everyone to ally, citybuild and wait for people to come my way. I'm not sure anyone here plays competitively, but I could be wrong.

Rep:
Level 98
I like playing AOE2 Sim City. I dunno why.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Have fun then.  I don't play it to be uber competitive but I like playing for strategy.  Just doing nothing for 2 hours is like if I were to play Magic the Gathering against someone and we didn't attack or counter each other for 50 turns just to fill out the board before doing anything. 

I don't play MTG "competitively" either, but I like to have a tactical game against my friends for fun.

JFTR I'm not saying you guys are wrong for playing it your way, just that I don't really find it entertaining to play that way.  So I guess just carry on without me.

Edit: TOTES NOT BEING PASSIVE AGRESSIVE HERE, I PROMISE.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:05:48 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
My favorite MTG decks are burn decks, so I can see what you mean there. But if MTG had city-building somehow, I'd probably end up doing it there too. All I ever do in MMOs is wander around and explore when I should be leveling; all I ever do in racing games is cruise. I even spend a lot of time grinding and using auto-battle in Fire Emblem because I'm not playing it to challenge myself. There are exceptions to these rules; I love Super Meat Boy, and it's really fun to be challenged in a game like that. But especially when playing against others, I don't really care enough about the outcome to warrant investing a bunch of time and thought into it. I'm just playing to have fun with friends, and I figured that was the whole point all along.

Rep:
Level 98
Nobody said all we'd do is not take it seriously and city build for ten hours, nam. Nobody's just shutting you out so you don't have to do the 'fine go without me' every post.

Rep:
Level 98
Malson may not ever take it seriously so feel free to destroy him.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Yeah, I'm not speaking on behalf of the forums here. I'm renowned as a big fat casual anyway.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Not trying to be passive agressive here.  Just saying if you guys are going to do a match where you want to just build up and not really fight, I'm fine with sitting out.

Not mad or anything.

Rep:
Level 97
The best part is utterly destroying the city that someone else just spent hours building though ;o