RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sprite Creator (Finished)

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
I had trouble saving too. To get it to work, I had to put the folder in C: with no spaces in the folder name, like C:\SpriteCreator. After that it worked fine.

Oh, I see what I did... I copied it to my desktop, but faiiled to move the Saved folder! My sillyness....

And keep those content updates coming, my friend. I love your program!

For sure. I do stuff every day. Sometimes updating twice a day.  Btw it doesn't matter where the jar file is anymore. I fixed that :) also the program creates the folder if it doesn't exist. Just before it did it incorrectly and the program just wouldn't save, but that is fixed.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:16:52 PM by 0circle0 »

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Updated the program.
Added an option "Bangs" for both male and female.
Added 16 different Bangs for both male and female in 6 colors each.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
May I suggest hats? For example, pointy witch or wizard hats and the like.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer

It is really funny that what you suggest is usually what I am working on lol. I actually need to find more hats to include. Not a big selection right now.

Edit: Honestly don't have enough hat options to warrant an update for one. I think I have 3 or 4 different hats that work for both male and female and about 2 others that are female. Maybe if I could find more hat graphics I can add them.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:25:26 AM by 0circle0 »

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Added zombie and goblin for JUST male. I do not have the female versions, as I have to draw them myself. Until I draw them, or someone draws them for me and submits them they will not be added. Might be a few days before I get the female versions.

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Web Applet and Application versions are now combined into the same JAR and will choose its own layout based on how you run the JAR. Basically I got tired of editing the code back and forth and made it automatic.

Also fixed and added a few things like confirmation windows on reloading and exiting the program.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
:moar:

Changed the menu around. Has more of a program feel now rather than a browser app. Changed how a few things display. There are a few bangs options that do not work well with goblin. Just the long hair ones. Nothing I can do about that so I'll have to leave it.

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Fixed an error that would eventually freeze the program forcing you to restart the program.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Keep it coming, ninja.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11

It is really funny that what you suggest is usually what I am working on lol. I actually need to find more hats to include. Not a big selection right now.

Edit: Honestly don't have enough hat options to warrant an update for one. I think I have 3 or 4 different hats that work for both male and female and about 2 others that are female. Maybe if I could find more hat graphics I can add them.
How about you add the helmets and the cape-heads as a top layer called "Helmets" as well?
Maybe you could also add in some other things that might fit for hats? Chefs-hat, top ponytail, mushroom-hat, panda-hat and whatever more silly hats you can think of...

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
I'm working on getting more parts for hats. I have probably only a hand full of both. I need to get more before I add them in.

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
I'll leave this post unedited although the post I was responding to was spam. Response to why I use adf.ly now.

EDIT:This program is Free. Has been and always will be. Sometimes you have to click an ad when something is free. During the entire beta phase this program was easily obtained. Only difference now is the program is no longer in beta. Also Adf.ly allows you to track where people come from when they download the program. Lets me know which forum I have posted Sprite Creator 3 on is doing the best when it comes to traffic.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:50:45 PM by 0circle0 »

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Added Female Zombie and Goblin. Also fixed up the Goblin for male.

Some hair and body options may not display correctly on the Goblin model.

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Fixed many of the graphics as they didn't work well when the skin color was changed.

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Made a minor change to when you click an object. Dragging the mouse will no longer continuously change the object the cursor is above while the mouse button is being held.

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Changed the way saving is done. Hopefully saving on Linux and Mac is working correctly now. Need some Linux testers :)
Gonna be on vacation for a month. I more than likely will not be working on this program during that time. Leaving March 2nd.

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Added a ZIP version as people are having trouble with rar files. No changes are made other than that.

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Updated the main program. Body #11 did not display correctly. Should display correctly now.

EDIT: Did a fast edit on Body #8 for male. I noticed that it too did not display correctly. This should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:15:42 AM by 0circle0 »

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
4-17-2013 Reduced CPU usage considerably.
4-20-2013 Fixed "Body" parts #2 and #3 they should now display correctly.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:42:24 AM by 0circle0 »

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
New update.

Animated title bar has been added. As you create your sprite you will be able to see it animated on the start bar. When minimized or behind another window you will still be able to see your sprite animated.

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Added Male and Female orc as a base image option.

EDIT
Update. Added the ability to make your image a ghost.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:30:36 PM by 0circle0 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Still looking forward for loads and loads of graphical updates!!!

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 43
Programmer
Sprite Creator 3 may be put on the shelve.

Talk of "Sprite Creator 4"

This is a BIG might, but I think I may have found a graphic artist that will be able to make 100% custom images. Which means I will no longer expand Sprite Creator 3 but instead work on a brand new Sprite Creator 4.

What could be coming:
8 direction walking sprites, attack, get hit, dead/fallen, hurt, casting, battle stance, dodge, and special attack animations will be included. Not just the 4 direction walking sprites!!

Again this is just talk. Once some of the test images come in I will decide if I am going to continue with the new project.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:49:13 AM by 0circle0 »