RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Again and Again and Again

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
When it started I couldn't tell where I was. It was dark and damp. The smell of decaying flesh clouded the room. But… it wasn't a room, it was a cave.
I tried to speak, but nothing came out.
A purple light appeared, but there was no source visible. The light was just there in midair.
The cave was dome shaped. The walls had bones carved into them with a skull carving every now and then. Some of the carvings glowed in a misty blue tint.
The top of the cave was about 30 feet high in a dome shape. But the some of the walls around seemed to be too far to tell. There were hills all around inside here, and walls seemed to be half there on some of them.
I looked at the ground; there was a sword and a chain. The chain was attached to my leg by a bracket I didn't notice before.
An Idea struck me as if it had occurred to me before, I quickly grabbed the sword as it turned into a hammer before my very eyes. I stared in disbelief for a moment.
I swung the hammer at the chain as it turned into what seemed to be a gold thread as the hammer had then changed into a crystal like knife. It was too late to slow the swing, I had cut the thread.
I stopped to think for a moment, does everything change here?
But now wasn't the time for wondering that. I had to think about what to do next. I proceeded in standing up and get a better look around. The walls seemed to be part of buildings, homes maybe, a town?
This question bothered me as I began to walk around, I hadn't even thought of my name, what was my name? And where was I?
I finally took a chance to look at myself, in a slightly reflective wall that even had carvings on it still.
I have dark brown hair, a rough leather tunic with a sword belt, some leather boots and a ragged pair of trousers, No sword.
I stared at the knife in my hand and a thought came to me, I sheathed the knife in the sword hook of my belt and at an instant it transformed into a gleaming silver sword. Questions were flooding my mind but I had no way to neither ask nor answer them.
The sound of rocks falling from a wall happened somewhere above me, the instant I looked up a boulder came crashing down hitting me smack dab in the middle of my face.
I woke with a start, the room smelled of decaying flesh, but it wasn't a room… I was just right back where I started.
I grabbed for the sword as it turned to a hammer, and the chain on my leg to a snake, I swung the hammer and the hammer changed to a diamond knife and the snake to a golden thread.
I cut the thread and stood up, Déjà vu was the simplest way of putting it but I wasn't completely sure. I saw the mirrored wall and had decided to walk the other way just in case.
I continued walking for what seemed like hours then I finally saw something break the pattern of skull carved walls and red coursed floors. It was a pool of water. When I thought back to it I hadn't really been thirsty at all, until now.
I carefully approached the water, and then at a sudden I dropped the knife and ran towards the water. In a flash a large worm like creature emerged and swallowed me live.
I woke with a start, the room smelled of decaying flesh, but it wasn't a room… I was just right back where I started again.
I repeated what I did last time but instead of either of the first two paths I decided to turn around and go the other way.
I came across another problem two more paths to choose from completely designated as paths; this place just always had something in the way. My two paths had the slightest differences, one seemed warmer than the other, and one was darker than the other.
The path on the left seemed like a better choice, It seemed colder and darker, but in this place the last thing I wanted was heat, so I started down the path and noticed some cracks under my feet. But it was probably nothing more than some bone that had fallen off of the walls.
The farther I walked the darker it got and colder too. It seemed like everywhere I went things just got longer and longer. But down this path it seemed shorter every step. All at once things seemed to get larger for a period of time.
This place seemed so strange everything was placed so deeply apart, and wreaked of death. At some points I saw dark liquid like spots on the ground around me. Strange at the thought but it really did seem there used to be houses here, small round cave-like houses. Each with the smallest of differences, one face left the other right, or one had a hole in the top another didn't.
I continued for a long while in the desert of crimson. I finally came across something different, was it a life form? It looked like a large arched skeletal structure, but instead of white it was green, a color I had not thought about upon arrival.
Though skeletal in shape it too had its differences, its head had two long back length horns coming out of its temples, a helmet? I thought. Its elbows had two long blade like spikes that descended towards its back, its fingers though bony were long and claw like, the nose of its face was elongated and sort of lizard like. Its feet were larger than most I could think of though not remembering how I knew; they were long and claw like the hands of the structure.
That was what I could see from the distance I stood but as I got closer its structure revealed a large tail bone with following bone structures behind it. Its back too had extra bones extending off of it; they spread wide like that of an eagle. Its elongated nose also defined the jaw line, where its jaw was it had a skinny bottom and sharp angled teeth.
I had just noticed this wasn't the structure of a human-like creature but that of a dragon. I approached the structure carefully, for time I began to think and how that this would not end up like my incident with the pool of water. Though I'm still wondering how I survived if I am at all alive.
I got up next to the dragon like structure and inspected it, its bones were green, a dark hazy swamp-like green. But what I couldn't understand was why they were green, I inspected the ground to see if it was a large moss, but the ground was as crimson as ever.
I turned back towards where I had come from, to my surprise there was now a wall where my path used to be. Carefully inspecting the ground in the area, my foot prints still there, disappearing under the wall.
By now I would have thought that things like this wouldn't surprise me but the way the wall had just appeared had become a large puzzle that I can't understand.
Without much thought I turned back around and had bumped into the structure, without delay the green had jumped onto me fusing me to the structure as it slowly devoured me into the structure of green bone.
I woke with a start, the room smelled of decaying flesh, but it… AGAIN!
I grabbed the sword, SWORD, it was already in the form this time but there wasn't a chain to break, immediately. I turned around immediately and started walking the path on the right; there was nothing more annoying than doing things all over again.
The farther I got in it got hotter, thought the place was originally hot, this was ridiculous. No heat could just manage to get worse like this. It was almost like walking through hell. I figured if this wasn't hell then I'd hate to see it.
Along the way I started to notice the walls here didn't have that continued skull carving pattern that I had seen everywhere, only in some places did I see it but it didn't continue very far.
The floors were still crimson, but they were glowing almost like the walls in the room I started in. the path ahead seemed continuous like the rest of this labyrinth. All I wanted was to get out, if there was an out.
I continued for a long time, maybe an hour until something broke my empty path, it was big, nothing I had ever seen before. It had a human-like structure, more human than the last one I had seen, but this one wasn't bone. This one was clearly flesh.
As I approached slowly I noticed this one was breathing, but still just standing there. It was really big; its large head had one eye, a large horn, and the worst under bite ever. Its neck was about the size of my body, this thing was definitely not human.
Its torso was large and masculine but yet also filled with fat. It was wearing a loincloth and nothing more. This thing was holding a giant rock in its hand. Its feet looked almost like tree roots. I noticed it was a type of fungus.
I thought about turning back, but with my luck so far I'd probably run into another wall. I looked over my shoulder to see a wall not more than ten feet away from me, go figure, this was one of the worst times of my life, not only that but I could tell it wasn't going to get any better.
I saw the one eyed beast inspecting the scape. For what I had no clue, but I could tell that I'd be dead if it had seen me. Knowing there was no path I continued forward slowly and cautiously. I heard something, HEARD, I noticed this before but the things here didn't usually make sounds. But this was different in allot of ways.
Out of all the sounds I could have possibly heard this was a roar, loud enough to break through what seemed like a strong silencing barrier. I didn't think to turn back now, knowing the sound was strong and behind me.
The creature ahead of me wasn't too enlightening of a thought either. Seeing something that big and holding a rock club with ease wasn't the most joyful sight here. It was terrifying and scary just to look at.
Shuddering at the thought I continued slowly to my supposed death. What else was I to do, turn back to face a wall, or worse whatever had made that roar? I just couldn't do that now.
The creature's one eye seemed to be so vague at seeing things, but soon enough it had saw me. At first it didn't move, but then it started rolling its neck and turning its back. It was stretching; this large creature was probably tired of standing still for so long that it was taking its time to stretch before killing me!
I decided to wait to see what it would do, I knew that running strait in would get me killed, but I also knew that standing still would do the same. So I approached slowly waiting to see how it would react.
It made one last motion, and it was clear that I was done for; it threw its club fast enough so that I didn't feel anything.
I woke with a start; again everything was how it originally began.
This was like a nightmare, no matter what I did or how I died I showed up right back here. This was becoming annoying, knowing no other paths around.
I decided I would go back towards the first path I took, it was unlike the rest because it made my death look accidental. I saw he mirrorized wall and walked around it. I was pretty sure something would happen if I walked under it again. I really didn't like the pain of death, and it didn't help feeling it four times in a row.
I continued on my original path, quite sure I had avoided another death for now. But the path I continued on had a change of colors. The crimson faded to a shallow blue grey, and the ceiling stalactites had become more like upside down hills. The grain of the sands here were thing in contrast to that of the crimson caved areas. Though this lifeless place was seemingly nicer than before, the thought of continuing made me shudder. Though knowing the walls had a tendency to sneak up on me it probably wouldn't be best to try and turn back.
My will to continue came from nowhere, and my soreness from walking was devotional, but I continued along the array of sand and rocks. This desert cave was nothing but a labyrinth with no real paths. But long narrow and wide passages that seemed to be out of place.
The first sign of something different made me decide to stop and take a rest. It was a small patch of crimson rocks in this blue hued land. This small patch made my eyes ease up; in this low saturated place it was hard to keep attention to where you were going because your eyes would become sore the farther you'd go.
These crimson rocks in this blue desert were small but comforting, my eyes had eased up at their sight and though they held no beauty, the color difference was enough to help. I started walking again and instantly knew the crimson rocks wouldn't be seen again even if I took the same path.
Allot of time had passed since I left the rocks. My eyes had become sore again, but I managed to continue along the blue barren desert. Before long I could feel my legs beginning to weep as I had gone continuously for what seemed like days.
Everything was in scarcity here; even the blue sand had its short spots among blue soil. Every time I looked back I expected to see a wall, but every time here seemed like days at a time. Nothing could break the barren scape of land.
A long time passed, when in a flash of my eyelids a patch of rocks appeared, red rocks, had come to sight. I felt like I had gone in a giant circle, and with the time that had passed it made it possible. Though I felt better, to have some more color in my eyes.
I decided to take a break at the rocks. Sitting down I felt really sore, my legs were finally feeling the pain of walking so far. I almost didn't feel like I could get back up.
I don't know how long it was but I had finally gotten back up, and then tripped on some of the crimson rocks. My clumsiness was ridiculous, in this desolate place nothing could make more of a fool of me.
I began walking; it felt like time was lapsing in place of my soreness. In this place I began to notice I only became sore when I felt like I needed a break. Everything was in strange order. Time was effortlessly thrown around like skipping stones across a large pool of water.
Times effortless passing, had made me weary, nothing made sense anymore, nor did my continuing in one direction, my thoughts had strayed and I turned around to look for a difference, but there was nothing. It all was the same as usual, everything was apart from normal here anyway, but the emptiness was ridiculous.
The dry pale blue sand had been as calm as the entrance when I entered. Along the path I followed was nothing, not even a path to recognize, it was all barren and flat. It was like I hadn't been going anywhere.
In a sudden shift I noticed some of the sand had been shifting along a long course, it was like the sand was alive, or my head was so looped from dehydration I was seeing things. The sand moved faster and faster, in panic I ran, but directions could not be recognized here, nor could a horizon.
My direction unclear my speed matched quickly by the following sand, my life was probably at its end, again for I could not manage life no matter how many times I went again.
A giant hole had appeared before me, shifting deeply in the sand like a vortex. Spinning and deepening the hole was about as big as the one eyed creature I had seen.
Out of this hole appeared to be crimson rocks in appointed position, and as soon as they appeared they had stopped and sank just as quick. The hole had begun to fill with sand and flattened just as fast as the rocks had appeared and sank, my thoughts were in the phase of joy as I had just survive a giant sink hole.
In instant where the hole had been came a giant burst of crimson in blue sand, it had large cylindrical qualities amongst its body, and the red had caught my eyes at shock, the flash and burst had sent a charge through my body, adrenaline was surging through me. This thing was like a giant snake worm thing, its skin was deeply similar to the rocks I had seen earlier, it had an opening on its face the size of the sink hole, along the lines of its opening were large tooth like rocks of crimson red.
Blue sand was stuck in some places of its skin and its mouth like opening, assuming this opening was its mouth. This thing was about as large as the ceiling had appeared when I first looked around. The space of this everlasting place was inevitably eluding my eyes. The giant rock snake thing had dived towards my direction; I dogged, and got whipped by its withdrawal.
I went flying, before my eyes could blink everything turned black.
I woke with a start, My life was in ruins, my surroundings were of blank crimson rocks and walls, and what seemed like a ruined town in the far off distance.
That was it, the one direction I hadn't gone yet, and hadn't noticed before. I wasn't sure if I was going to take that chance. But before I knew it I was going down the path.
The building like structures had no doorways, no openings, they were just here for the sake of being here so it seemed.
Like an endless maze of carved crimson walls, finding a way around would be as difficult as flying without wings.
The maze town was in a deeper shade of dark crimson than the rest of the places I had been, supposing I had even been there at all, there was a possibility that the things I had changed weren't even there, my precautions were more than necessary. If at all I was going to get out of here I would have to start being more cautious, things could get out of hand pretty quick here.
I kept walking, I made a left, then a right, then I hit a dead end where a large abnormal gray stone lay blocking the path. Dare I try to investigate it. It wasn't the best idea in my head. But what did I have to lose, a wall would probably appear behind me again.

(I will write more, but i'll update this later when i have the more)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:28:04 AM by boe »
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.