RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Need help when one event to end another event

Rep:
Level 49
RMRK Junior
Hi, I just start RPG maker VX yesterday thank to steam sales. I end up enjoying this tool. However I have a problem regards to deleting one event when another event is finished.

the plot is that the player wont be able to cross the bridge (it is block by an NPC soldier) until the assassin squad is destroyed. However, I don't know to make these soldiers disappear after the assassins are annihilated. Any one have a clue?

Sorry for my bad english
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:02:14 AM by yuyu! »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
After the assassins have been killed by the player, you can turn on a switch allocated to this purpose. It's a good idea to name this switch so you don't forget what it does. Then you can create an event page on the NPC events, leave it blank, and set the condition to when the switch you turned on with the assassin's death is activated.

I could explain this more if you'd like me to.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 49
RMRK Junior
Thankyou for a quick reply but what switch are you talking about? Do you mean switch in event command (under game progression) ? and I set assassin to spawn via event command (battle processing) I'm not sure if this is correct or not but assassin spawns just fine. Do I have to change this to get the switch to work?

thank you
Pat

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
You may find this link helpful.

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
You can create this with a switch, and a Conditional branch in the Event tabs.
First start off with creating the assasin event, and open up the event commands.
If you have a visible assasin, you can add a battle processing command first. If Its random you have to make the changes inside the troops section.

After adding the battle processing, select the command: control switches and name it to whatever you want (Asssasin Dead etc), and set the switch to be ON.

If you want your assasin to dissapear, but have the ability to come back after you exit the current map, you can add a erase event command after the switch. Or, if you want him to dissappear for good, you can use the self switch command. Set it to switch A and add another event page, then select "Self switch A is ON" to the left. Now when that event is done, we need to set the Npc that is blocking the way.

Just create your NPC as a new event.

Set the 1st page of the event tab, and open up the event commands:
Add a conditional branch and select the assasin switch as ON inside the branch.

Above the "Else" text, put in a Self-switch.

And under it put in whatever you want the Npc to say to your party, while the Assasin is still alive.
(or whatever you want him to do, leave it blank if you dont want him to do anything at all).

Add another page, and select the self switch to be ON. (Also make sure the next page doesnt have any graphics, this will make the NPC dissapear.)

Thats the way I usually do it, but you can skip the conditional branch and just trigger the Assasin Dead switch to ON.
There are of course other things you can edit, but thats a basic of it.

Hope it helped :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:12:24 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 49
RMRK Junior
Thank you for you answer :D, I manage to followed most parts and adding switches. However, I still cannot get the guard to disappear. Although, the chat dialogue no longer appear (after the assassin is killed). What do you mean by "Add another page, and select the self switch to be ON. (Also make sure the next page doesn't have any graphics, this will make the NPC disappear.)"??   I added an event under "branch end" called control "self switch A = ON" however it doesn't seem to have any effect and there is no graphic option either. (My NPC is visible)

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Thank you for you answer :D, I manage to followed most parts and adding switches. However, I still cannot get the guard to disappear. Although, the chat dialogue no longer appear (after the assassin is killed). What do you mean by "Add another page, and select the self switch to be ON. (Also make sure the next page doesn't have any graphics, this will make the NPC disappear.)"??   I added an event under "branch end" called control "self switch A = ON" however it doesn't seem to have any effect and there is no graphic option either. (My NPC is visible)

When you create an Event, you can add several pages by clicking "New Event page". After you have set the self switch on, you have to add another page, if you want the NPC to dissapear. I add two screenshot for you and hope it helps :)

Spoiler for:

Page 1 of the Event:

Page 2 of the Event:

If you dont want any conversation with the guard after killing the assassin, you can always skip the branch and just add another page and add the assassin switch to be on, and set the page to autorun. Then the NPC will automaticly disappear.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:07:17 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade