RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Want to Help with Funny but Potentially Blasphemous Sprites? [xp]

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
For part of my game I am making one of those haunted halloween sites that they have in semi-rural areas where kids go before or on halloween to run around through a big open area with a bunch of scares set up along the path. Except this one has been taken over by a Christian family and has thus become somewhat lamed down. So, I'm looking for some sprites of the following:
Spoiler for:

Umm... I guess that's it. (Hope I didn't offend anyone too much.) I'm looking for either characters that can wander around the woods, or some kind of 'displays' (like a tileset object) for maybe some of the later ones, like a witch burning site, or a Stalin monument. Or even a book burning! Who knows?! Be creative!

Yeah, that's all. It could be a really cool tileset I think if anyone is up for it.
You'll get mega credit when I put out a demo, which I am planning on doing in about a month or so. I'm almost to that point, (for real this time, in case anyone has been following me), this is one of the missing pieces to putting out a demo for me.

Thanks for looking. Check out my game if you wanna know more, http://exxceptiondraft.tumblr.com
And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Games: ExXception Draft
My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I think the only thing offensive with that lineup is the fact that you're passing off one of palpatine's guards as a halloween decoration. And that kid ruined a perfectly good towel.

Also, I don't think Stalin makes for a very good halloween decoration either.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:05:54 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
You know I had a feeling that was from Star Wars... but it came up when I typed in 'inquisition monk'... that's what I'm looking for... maybe more like this one, here:
Spoiler for:

As far as the Stalin thing, I'm going for the whole 50's McCarthy era, America first type vibe, which can be expressed in any way it can be symbolised without being TOO overtly racist, over-nationalist, and still stands for what these simple fictitious folk believe. So, you could put Hitler on a big stage burning Bibles for instance. But I prefer the communist symbology for this one. Whatever works.
And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Games: ExXception Draft
My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Ah, I see. That makes more sense then.
Maybe you could throw in some soviet flags or some nuclear warheads.

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
Why not try making them yourself? Just find similar ones online or in the RTP then recolour them (do it manually, pixel by pixel, sticking to the original shades (so a dark green might became dark red while light green becomes light red). Just try and replicate the original art style (border thicknesses etc).

You're unlikely to get anybody else to do it, as it's such a specific request. People usually don't mind making sprites IF others might then use it too. So yeah, give it a go - it's a good skill to have.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??