RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Business Cards: The New Portfolio?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
So back in the day, artists would send out portfolios with their resumes. Usually as CDs. Eventually, this evolved in to small USB drives, called "press kits." Today, in the age of the smart phone, we have the QR code; the potential to simply put your portfolio online, and hand out QR codes as links (provided your portfolio site is mobile-friendly).

I've been doing things this way, but I'm having a small crisis. I can't decide what's more important; linking to the portfolio, or linking to my facebook page. Nevermind Twitter, G+, or even Soundcloud, Facebook is the most popular site, and liking my Facebook page is the best way to keep fans in the loop.

But putting a QR code on my Facebook page comes with a problem. My Facebook page doesn't have my portfolio. It's actually really difficult to get your music on Facebook, permanently (not in the timeline). And even if you do, it doesn't work on mobile.

So what do you think, then? What should I be putting on my business cards? A link to my Facebook page, or my personal site (my portfolio)?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I would link to your portfolio and have a link from there to your facebook page.
If people wanna get updates from you, they'll like the page; otherwise they just wanna listen to some music.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
on your portfolio page on your website couldn't you put a facebook like button.

Rep:
Level 96
why didn't i think of that

Is there a way to "like" my Facebook page without actually leaving my portfolio page? I should look in to that.

Rep:
Level 96
Awesome. Thanks, guys! I really don't know why I was so hung up on this (guess I overthink things), but it's one less thing for me to worry about right now.