RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
HUD

Rep:
Level 71
In Pool of Mana I'm considering using no HUD accept for Blood effects for the health. As for mana I was planning on using voices (I'm using an ABS). I don't plan on using a health bar, but I'm considering using a bar for mana. I don't want to use a bar though, mostly because I hate HUDs (other than blood effects). What's your opinion?

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
You shouldn't need a HUD for blood effects anyway.

You could have initialised blood splatter sprites that can be displayed depending on your health percentage, don't need a hud for that. :D
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
That's what I meant (and what I'm doing). I considered it part of the HUD since it provides the player information on the main screen (which is exactly what a HUD is). So technically it is part of the HUD.  :)