RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Nintendo to support Unity Engine on Wii-U

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Nintendo has licensed the Unity engine for Wii U, both for internal use and to hand out externally.

I spoke to Unity CEO David Helgason about this today, and he reckons this deal with a platform holder may be unprecedented. "It's definitely a Unity first," he said, "but as far as we can tell it's also an industry first."

The deal will be "long-term", and Helgason mentioned "several years" a few times.

Could a Mario game theoretically be powered by Unity? "Should that happen one day I'll be very excited and proud!" Helgason beamed. But his tone suggested this was wishful thinking for now.

The deal allows Nintendo to dish Unity to its "entire ecosystem" of affiliated developers, but Helgason wouldn't get any more specific.

Perhaps more importantly, licensing Unity speaks to Nintendo's willingness to embrace the fruit-laden independent or small developer scene.

read more at: Eurogamer

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I'm a HUGE fan of the Unity engine and it's development kit, so I'm glad to see it getting some much-needed love. :)

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I wonder how that would bode once the inevitable attempts to port Wii-U Unity games back to PC begin.
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I think a bad PC port is on the devs, honestly.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon